OT: - Victor Wembanyama | The Boneyard

OT: Victor Wembanyama

Reaction Score
He makes Durant look like a small child...
1000010446001.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hadn't seen him play before - sweet stroke from 3 for a big fella. Ability to score from anywhere and cut to hoop will indeed make him a dominant scoring force.

Reaction Score
The stuff he’s able to do near the basket because of his length is insane. Guys try to force him baseline and he just dunks it anyway

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He’s 19 and just outplayed one of the greatest scorers of all time.

I’m not sure what the NBA is going to do with him at 25.

Reaction Score
I remember when Shaq hit the league and every team started to want multiple bulky centers just to have something to try to throw at him. Teams were falling over themselves to acquire 270+ lbs players.

I wonder if Wemby will have a similar impact in making teams go nuts for 7'2"+ players with any semblance of mobility? If so, Clingan will be a big winner as he is one of the most promising of a rare set.

Reaction Score
We had this debate and some on here said they would not draft him first overall. What a joke. Of course there is a health concern but how in the hell do you stop him once he gets comfortable? He does EVERYTHING! And he’s literally a giant who can play on the outside.

Reaction Score
I remember when Shaq hit the league and every team started to want multiple bulky centers just to have something to try to throw at him. Teams were falling over themselves to acquire 270+ lbs players.

I wonder if Wemby will have a similar impact in making teams go nuts for 7'2"+ players with any semblance of mobility? If so, Clingan will be a big winner as he is one of the most promising of a rare set.
yep this is exactly what I am expecting will happen.

need a unique skillset to keep up with him…the height to defend him in the post and agility to follow him out to the perimeter.

Reaction Score

Clingan is more like Shaq than he is Wembanyama though. Obviously not at either of their levels.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's the agility and awareness of what is going on that really separates him. That one-handed catch and pass while airborne is a play very few players of any height can make. Nevermind a teenager of his height. You just don't see that coordination.

The amount of room he covers with each step is something only he can do.

It's a real treat to watch and see what he can do for the next decade or so.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is Chet is a freak. He's probably a legitimate 7 feet tall with serious dribbling skills, shooting skills, and shotblocking and he looks like a piece of crap compared to Wembanyama. It shows just how freaky this kid is.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The funny thing is Chet is a freak. He's probably a legitimate 7 feet tall with serious dribbling skills, shooting skills, and shotblocking and he looks like a piece of crap compared to Wembanyama. It shows just how freaky this kid is.

Funny and true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom