Veterans Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Veterans Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thank you to all the men and women who have served our country. You are deeply appreciated.

veterans-day-2010_03.jpg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am proud to report that here in Norwalk we are not only holding our traditional ceremony in the Norwalk Concert Hall, but our Norwalk Veterans Memorial Committee entered into a partnership with Norwalk Public Schools that is resulting in the best and most comprehensive commemoration of Veterans Day ever. As for me, my guest at our ceremony this morning will be Linda McMahon and Congressman Jim Himes will accompany me to Roton Middle School this afternoon. It's a day to put politics aside and honor our vets. And thank you, Nan, for doing more than your duty by starting this thread.

Reaction Score
Because we no longer have selective service and rely on a voluntary military force for the defense of this nation, I would like to recognize all the young men and women of today, that are serving and have served this nation in defense of freedom.

Freedom is not free. If you do not believe that then visit a military cemetary.

USMC 1967-1990

Reaction Score
A part of my life I would not change for any other opportunity.

USAF 1973-1985

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
My father was a WWII veteran and I loved hearing his stories as I was growing up.

More recently, and as part of my education in nursing school, one of my clinical rotations was at the VA hospital in Philadelphia. It was an experience I will never forget.

Many thanks to former and current veterans and their families.

Reaction Score
NAN - good for you- good concept, good photo. Can't think of ANY group held in higher esteem over here than our folks in uniform - military, police, et al. Barbara and I will be out the door soon with cookies and brownies for our small town celebrants this AM.......she's a great cook, and I wish we could personally hand a treat to every one of you who have served our nation......including you meatheads with whom I collide from time to time on here. ;)
A tip o the cap.....God BLess you....and stay well.

Reaction Score
I have a deep appreciation for the dedicated service and sacrifice of our veterans and current armed forces. Thank you, one an all!

Reaction Score
I served in the Navy during the Vietnam War and I still get the feeling that our veterans don't get the respect and appreciation that they should. I know times have changed, but I'm not to sure its for the good.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
US Navy 1985-present, came back from my second tour to Afghanistan in July...at least 3 more years to go?
My icon pic is a rainbow over the chapel at our base in Nuristan, Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger