Very simple analysis . . . | The Boneyard

Very simple analysis . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Purvis - 5 for 17.
Hamilton - 2 for 11.

That's a combined 7 for 28, or a perfect 25%. Either guy doesn't have a crap game shooting, we win. No need for assessments about the lousy Gibbs final shot. The JA turnover. Or whatever. 7 for 28.

But at least Hamilton had 8 assists and 8 rebounds. At least he had an impact other than shooting garbage.
Purvis had 3 boards and 3 assists and 2 steals, so not silent, but not making up for clanger-central. Purvis givith, and Purvis taketh away, but the taking away is, recently, overwhelming the giving. And, minus a 5 or so game stretch last year when it didn't matter, the guy is a massive liability and the type of player that you just can't win with.

Reaction Score
Purvis - 5 for 17.
Hamilton - 2 for 11.

That's a combined 7 for 28, or a perfect 25%. Either guy doesn't have a crap game shooting, we win. No need for assessments about the lousy Gibbs final shot. The JA turnover. Or whatever. 7 for 28.

But at least Hamilton had 8 assists and 8 rebounds. At least he had an impact other than shooting garbage.
Purvis had 3 boards and 3 assists and 2 steals, so not silent, but not making up for clanger-central. Purvis givith, and Purvis taketh away, but the taking away is, recently, overwhelming the giving. And, minus a 5 or so game stretch last year when it didn't matter, the guy is a massive liability and the type of player that you just can't win with.

I agree on offense but Rodney played some real hard man on his guy. I can handle his 5 for 17 although he need to learn to finish. Crazy a guy that strong and gets to the rim does not try to elevate and dunk drawing a foul at least, rather than throwing up a crazy hot without any clue?

Total team and coaching loss but this team REALLY REALLy needs Daniel Hamilton to live up to expectations.

Reaction Score
I agree on offense but Rodney played some real hard man on his guy. I can handle his 5 for 17 although he need to learn to finish. Crazy a guy that strong and gets to the rim does not try to elevate and dunk drawing a foul at least, rather than throwing up a crazy hot without any clue?

Total team and coaching loss but this team REALLY REALLy needs Daniel Hamilton to live up to expectations.

But when 2 starters shoot this badly, it's tough to find a way to win. And they have been doing this a lot. Plus purvis is wildly inconsistent at the free throw line.

Reaction Score
But when 2 starters shoot this badly, it's tough to find a way to win. And they have been doing this a lot. Plus purvis is wildly inconsistent at the free throw line.

No doubt about that. Rodney at least can make a couple shots in a row though and does some things with confidence. The other guy is like, I'm not sure what or where he is.

Reaction Score
how do we not try to get to the rim and draw fouls during the last 5 minutes?

Why you don't like our guys with the ball with 4-5 seconds left 3 feet above the top of the key? LOL, isn't it a joke? Throw the ball into Miller please or give it to Jalen and let him go. Agree with you

Reaction Score
Why you don't like our guys with the ball with 4-5 seconds left 3 feet above the top of the key? LOL, isn't it a joke? Throw the ball into Miller please or give it to Jalen and let him go. Agree with you
I was at the game and it was maddening. Neither team committed a foul for several minutes until Cincy got the go-ahead and-1. I put a lot of this on the coaching staff. We have been hot from the line for the past 2 games. It's clear that Ollie won't be opting out and that D. Ham is/has played himself into a junior year of college.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Its turning into a pretty simple dialogue for these guys. Score above 65 and they will win 9/10. They are holding tight on the other half. We have seen this before by the way. Lets see if we can start to work on the offensive percentages this next month.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I agree DHam needs to start scoring BUT I think the kid is just plain snake bit right now and it is now in his head
What I like, unlike so many prima donnas, he continues to play
How many points did SG score in the second half? We can also start there

Reaction Score
Im not allowed to say anything bad about the team?

No my bad have at it. You're right Adams and Miller are it, eveyone else blows. How could I even think a post like this wasn't well thought out? Again, play on.

Reaction Score
I agree DHam needs to start scoring BUT I think the kid is just plain snake bit right now and it is now in his head
What I like, unlike so many prima donnas, he continues to play
How many points did SG score in the second half? We can also start there

Gibbs had an awful 2nd half also getting caught late in possessions with nothing to do with the ball, no doubt.

If Dhams last shot stays in, it did everything but go in, maybe that changes things for him and us. He is snake bitten but he needs to play better. The kid rebounds the ball though.

Reaction Score
No my bad have at it. You're right Adams and Miller are it, eveyone else blows. How could I even think a post like this wasn't well thought out? Again, play on.
When someone else on the team can consistently score on their man one on one come talk to me.

Reaction Score
When someone else on the team can consistently score on their man one on one come talk to me.

Is that your question then you need to tell me this to substantiate your opinion. How often does Jalen score on his man one-on-one in all the games he played in? None of them do. Would I have had the ball in Adams hands at the end, certainly I agree on that and I posted that. But if you take away this game even JA has little to no success being the guy who can take his man. Can he, YES absolutely. Has he? NO

Reaction Score
Is that your question then you need to tell me this to substantiate your opinion. How often does Jalen score on his man one-on-one in all the games he played in? None of them do. Would I have had the ball in Adams hands at the end, certainly I agree on that and I posted that. But if you take away this game even JA has little to no success being the guy who can take his man. Can he, YES absolutely. Has he? NO
Hes the ONLY guard on the team with the ability to take his man.

Reaction Score
It seems like Ollies offense relies on speed, fluidity, and the other team being unbalanced and playing catch-up defense. It works beautifully. Unfortunately, the opposing team is in this predicament only about a third of the time.

That is why it's so painful to watch the offense when the other team is set.

Reaction Score
Purvis - 5 for 17.
Hamilton - 2 for 11.

Not far off from their numbers in most games. It's actually right on for Hamilton's regular shooting, he's shooting 20% over his last seven games.

Reaction Score
Not far off from their numbers in most games. It's actually right on for Hamilton's regular shooting, he's shooting 20% over his last seven games.

John go back to the first Tulane game I think he is shooting 21.7% 20 for 91:(

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
2 painful 2nd halfs in a row at home with absolutely zero offensive execution...the players played hot potato around the perimeter for the whole 2nd half and KO was totally fine with it....disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom