Very simple analysis . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Very simple analysis . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
John go back to the first Tulane game I think he is shooting 21.7% 20 for 91:(
Maddening player and some people still contend he's a good shooter. He's shooting 37% for his UConn career and 22% for close to half of his sophomore year, he sucks at shooting.

Reaction Score
Why you don't like our guys with the ball with 4-5 seconds left 3 feet above the top of the key? LOL, isn't it a joke? Throw the ball into Miller please or give it to Jalen and let him go. Agree with you
mau I agree with this, unless you were being sarcastic. If my sarcastic filter was off here sorry. But I feel that Miller needs the ball more and Jalen when given the opportunity to drive the hoop is great. I thought Jalen played nice defense tonight too for the most part. We got away from taking the ball to the basket early in the second half. Jalen does that. In the first half Purvis was doing that even though he missed a bunch of bunnies but the idea is right. Get it in the paint, maybe draw a foul, but try to score from close. I'm sick of watching Miller begging for the ball the entire game in the post and we pass it to him only a few times. He's an animal. Get it in there. If he misses or gets blocked 3 feet from the hoop I'm willing to live with that rather than have us dribble around the perimeter like idiots for 15 seconds and get a shot clock violation.

Reaction Score
2 painful 2nd halfs in a row at home with absolutely zero offensive execution...the players played hot potato around the perimeter for the whole 2nd half and KO was totally fine with it....disgusting
Yes, KO's halftime adjustments have been puzzling to say the least. He had to know that the Cincy's perimeter d was going to stay on SG and RP like glue outside and to dump the ball inside. But no I guess that was never said to the players.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Yes, KO's halftime adjustments have been puzzling to say the least. He had to know that the Cincy's perimeter d was going to stay on SG and RP like glue outside and to dump the ball inside. But no I guess that was never said to the players.
Why we refuse to dump the ball down low to Miller for long stretches at a time is mind boggling. He is the best post option we have had probably since Okafor and yet we don't ride him.

Our team goes through long cold streaks from outside yet they keep jacking away jumpers. We would totally prefer to pass the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds and then force up a contested jumper than even think about throwing an entry pass to Miller on the block.

We totally forget to get him touches and that's unacceptable to me. Good things happen when we get him involved in the half court.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Why we refuse to dump the ball downlow to

Several times the ball was dumped low and Cincy tapped it away for a turnover..... so they became reluctant.

Reaction Score
At least 10 of those missed shots/opportunities should be running through Miller. He's shooting 58% this year from the field and can find a way to get to the line. he's our best chance at getting points every time down the floor.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Several times the ball was dumped low and Cincy tapped it away for a turnover..... so they became reluctant.
No excuse. Cincy is a good defensive team as per usual but you can't let the occasional double team totally deter you. Our 2nd half meltdown on offense was due largely in part to lack of gameplan and execution then them stifling us

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
At least 10 of those missed shots/opportunities should be running through Miller. He's shooting 58% this year from the field and can find a way to get to the line. he's our best chance at getting points every time down the floor.

When Miller has the ball down there, he is usually trying to take a shot and score. He is making a nice percentage of those shots, however, most of the time nobody else is there for a potential rebound. I think Nolan was there for one, and I liked that DHam ran to the basket on one particular play when Miller was taking the shot. Knowing Miller is looking to get a shot off, DHam should always run to the basket looking for a potential offensive rebound.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
When Miller has the ball down there, he is usually trying to take a shot and score. He is making a nice percentage of those shots, however, most of the time nobody else is there for a potential rebound. I think Nolan was there for one, and I liked that DHam ran to the basket on one particular play when Miller was taking the shot. Knowing Miller is looking to get a shot off, DHam should always run to the basket looking for a potential offensive rebound.
I don't care about positioning of offensive rebounders - he is making those shots at a high percentage anyway. Feed the beast or continue to suck on offense in conference games.

Dumping it down low creates space for our "shooters" with the defense having to help or double. Should be simple enough to execute more than we do but we don't for some unknown reason

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I don't care about positioning of offensive rebounders - he is making those shots at a high percentage anyway. Feed the beast or continue to suck on offense in conference games.

Dumping it down low creates space for our "shooters" with the defense having to help or double. Should be simple enough to execute more than we do but we don't for some unknown reason

Yes we should dump it down low to him more often, agreed. But he is not going to make 100% of the shots. Miller could also pass out of a double team to a streaking DHam for an easy basket (or rebound the miss). Just seems obvious. What happened to running the offense thru Miller?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate to be that guy, but I will. My analysis, Cinci used the "Cleveland State defense", and fouled UConn on every trip down the floor. Including the last one, and they hacked Rodney's arm on the layup that would have put us up by 4. It was ridiculous. They had no business losing anyway, but this one was stolen. I am pretty angry.

Reaction Score
Also still hoping the return of Brimah frees up DHam from this slump and opens the lane for everyone. Brimah just takes up a lot of space and attention. Can't we just put him in a frikkin hard cast and let him hammer the ball out of bounds at times. I don't care if he can score much or rebound, his replacements done either.

Reaction Score
I think the early blocks by Clark affected the mindset the rest of the game. Several point blank shots rejected at the rim.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Yes we should dump it down low to him more often, agreed. But he is not going to make 100% of the shots. Miller could also pass out of a double team to a streaking DHam for an easy basket (or rebound the miss). Just seems obvious. What happened to running the offense thru Miller?
Of course not lol but I would much rather most of our offense run through him than jack up contested out of rhythm jumpers late in the shot clock.

Most of our offense should be fastbreak or secondary fastbreak attempts or dump downs to Miller. The rest will sort itself out but I'm ok when we push the issue on the fastbreak even if we don't convert. Anything is better than slowing it down and watching our painful halfcourt sets go to work

Reaction Score
I think the early blocks by Clark affected the mindset the rest of the game. Several point blank shots rejected at the rim.
Cinci really played great interior defense against us, that being said Miller was still 5/10 as an undersized big. He simply needs the ball more. He can also hit threes once in awhile, he's the only player we have large enough to shoot over people out there. Maybe let him jack up one of those last second shot clock attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom