Very OT: UConn themed Lebron 12s | The Boneyard

Very OT: UConn themed Lebron 12s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
image.jpg
I tried to customize a pair of Lebron 12s with UConn themed colors. Anyone think they can do better? I need to get a new pair of sneakers, and I thought this was a cool idea.

Link

Reaction Score
nikeid on some lebrons is a heavy penny ( also nikeid orders take forever like over a month) . what kind of sneakers, like to play basketball in only? or just walk around casual ones/running? A good casual but great performance shoe is new balance 998

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I work at a school where the kids have uniforms (khakis and emblem polos) but the kids are given free will on their shoes. They wear some of the craziest kicks.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the Kobe X Nike IDs in the UConn color scheme that Boat and DHam were wearing at the end of last season. Kobes have more versatility as far as everyday wear imo, the Brons are too bulky for my tastes.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the Kobe X Nike IDs in the UConn color scheme that Boat and DHam were wearing at the end of last season. Kobes have more versatility as far as everyday wear imo, the Brons are too bulky for my tastes.
bron's entire line has been extra bulky. other than his legendary classics 1-3. the early design by nike for him were out the park; blended aesthetics with hoop performance. his genesis the air zoom generation ( the 'hummer') is the one of the great kicks designed ever. a classic

Reaction Score
A few years back i made some custom Nike BBall shoes that said "Air New" on the tongue. My last name is New. If you have a short last name and Nike still allows you to add custom text it's a nice touch.

Reaction Score
If i remember correctly you only could put 7 characters on the tongue. So hopefully you have a three letter last name like me.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
nikeid on some lebrons is a heavy penny ( also nikeid orders take forever like over a month) . what kind of sneakers, like to play basketball in only? or just walk around casual ones/running? A good casual but great performance shoe is new balance 998
I would use them for everything

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If i remember correctly you only could put 7 characters on the tongue. So hopefully you have a three letter last name like me.
They have an option for text, you can have 2 letters on top and 8 under them. Or just 2 or 8

Reaction Score
bron's entire line has been extra bulky. other than his legendary classics 1-3. the early design by nike for him were out the park; blended aesthetics with hoop performance. his genesis the air zoom generation ( the 'hummer') is the one of the great kicks designed ever. a classic
Yea I had a pair of the Air Zoom Generation 1 in all white that my boys tried to clown me on at the time when everyone was just wearing retros or SBs, I loved em and I'm sure once Nike gets around to retro'ing his line the hypebeasts will go crazy for em. Lebron seems to be one of the few players whose latest sneakers seem to be more geared for on court aesthetics and not for the everyday sneaker wearer. I really can't see the latest 13 selling all to well, even tho I liked the look of the 11 and 12s the bulkiness was not for me, the 13s are just an abomination appearance wise.

Reaction Score
Yea, these Lebrons are just plain ugly, UCONN colors or not. KD and Kobe definitely have the best looking shoes. The mids aren't for everyone though. The CP3 shoes are not bad either.

Reaction Score
Yea I had a pair of the Air Zoom Generation 1 in all white that my boys tried to clown me on at the time when everyone was just wearing retros or SBs, I loved em and I'm sure once Nike gets around to retro'ing his line the hypebeasts will go crazy for em. Lebron seems to be one of the few players whose latest sneakers seem to be more geared for on court aesthetics and not for the everyday sneaker wearer. I really can't see the latest 13 selling all to well, even tho I liked the look of the 11 and 12s the bulkiness was not for me, the 13s are just an abomination appearance wise.

its crazy, his first few years with nike were golden. the best shoe he's released by far. I really thought he could usurp mj for a line, but jordan was pumping out classics ( behind tinker hatfields help) deep in his 30s. like when he was on the freaking wizards he had heat lol

will say i dug the latest kobe release, tinker called it the most well designed hoop sneaker ever ( the high top, the ones napier wore first half vs SMU before switching to jays. lost that game in front rip and co @ XL i think. I have an unhealthy memory in this regard lol). I kind of see brons sneaker line on the same tier as iversons but with more backing/special PE releases like the 'cork'.

Reaction Score
Yea, these Lebrons are just plain ugly, UCONN colors or not. KD and Kobe definitely have the best looking shoes. The mids aren't for everyone though. The CP3 shoes are not bad either.
cp3's are criminally underrated performance wise. agreed there

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I have Lebron 9s, but they're extremely dirty, anyone know a way I could get most of the dirt off/clean them?

Reaction Score
cp3's are criminally underrated performance wise. agreed there

They are pretty comfortable and while my CP3s have a very ugly color scheme (downside of ordering on Amazon - looked diferent online), they definitely feel good. To get further off topic, none of the recent shoes have I worn have come close to my Kobe Crazy 8's in terms of comfortability and playability. Sometimes the old "technology" is the best.

Reaction Score
I have Lebron 9s, but they're extremely dirty, anyone know a way I could get most of the dirt off/clean them?

Try to buy any shoes from Footaction,Footlocker, etc. I'm positive they will sell you on their shoe cleaning products.

Reaction Score
Magic eraser works wonders on kicks. If the soles are yellowed try teeth whitening bleach (no joke)

Reaction Score
A few years back i made some custom Nike BBall shoes that said "Air New" on the tongue. My last name is New. If you have a short last name and Nike still allows you to add custom text it's a nice touch.

Thought you were New here. I'll see myself out.

Reaction Score
View attachment 10677 I tried to customize a pair of Lebron 12s with UConn themed colors. Anyone think they can do better? I need to get a new pair of sneakers, and I thought this was a cool idea.

Link

I know when I need a new pair of sneakers... I usually customize one of the most expensive pairs I can find

Reaction Score

The women's 10 championships kobe x , were also dope.

Reaction Score
I recently went old school with these Chuck Taylors. Less complicated, lightweight and comfortably made. No regrets.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01