(Very) Early prediction for 2018 UConn FB..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

(Very) Early prediction for 2018 UConn FB.....

Reaction Score
Yeah...I am not sure he is the answer either.

I would guess Washington, MacAfee or the true frosh from Georgia get a good look.
Obviously the best man wins the job, but I’m kind of looking at Pindell the same way I looked at Shirreffs going into this year: at the very least, Pindell is serviceable. If he gets beaten out for the job, so be it.

Reaction Score
8 - 5.....lock it in.
Kind of like how many were claiming BC and Mizzou were totally beatable and then Uconn proceeded to get stomped in both games by a combined 63 points. Uconn needs to go in another direction, just not sure how.

Reaction Score
which teams will uconn beat in 2018?
What the heck is the schedule? Who does UConn play on Sept. 1? And what purpose was served by switching the game from Thursday to Saturday? Are they trying to minimize attendance? Everyone will be at the shore on Saturday. Thursday would have worked much better. Either the change exhibits a lack of knowledge of the market, or they are getting some big name team to come for that date.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
5-7 or 6-6...I think a little improvement is in order in the 2nd year of the regime now that he knows what he has (of the guys who stay) plus improved recruiting...it's a long hill to climb but baby steps are in order. I'm thinking they'll be impressive in '19 tho

Reaction Score
What the heck is the schedule? Who does UConn play on Sept. 1? And what purpose was served by switching the game from Thursday to Saturday? Are they trying to minimize attendance? Everyone will be at the shore on Saturday. Thursday would have worked much better. Either the change exhibits a lack of knowledge of the market, or they are getting some big name team to come for that date.
Don't know if they will even have a game September 1st, unless it is an AAC game. At least according to fbschedules.com. We already have 4 OOC games with Boise, RI, MASS, and the Cuse'.

Reaction Score
Don't know if they will even have a game September 1st, unless it is an AAC game. At least according to fbschedules.com. We already have 4 OOC games with Boise, RI, MASS, and the Cuse'.
Yeah, you are right. Gotta be a league game. Otherwise they won't get a midseason bye week.

Reaction Score
Which players stay and who transfers out? How do the redshirts develop from now til next September? Does Lashlee stay for one more season? Can the staff bring in some beef on both sides of the line in the form of transfers that can play next season? Does Edsall stick with the 3-3-5? If not does Crocker stay? Can this team get faster and most importantly tougher?

I thought they would have been better this season and real close if not making any bowl. Too many stupid mistakes by individuals just kept this team always trying to climb out of a hole. Joseph, Mayala, Fatukasi earlier in the season, Summers, all players that should know better, at one time or another cost this team and made the hill to climb that much higher. If this team can stop shooting themselves in the foot(discipline) along with getting faster and tougher then they should win more games next year. But,,, the fans are not showing up in droves until there is a nice long winning streak and something to cheer for like a shot at a bowl or a conference championship game invite. Expect low 20K attendance to start the season. If they can start 5-0 that number should start creeping up closer to 30K.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
4-8. We have seven winnable games, I'll give us four of 'em. Our pass D will be a little better, but they'll still be bad. D line is a huge question mark. QB is a question mark. If we can get our kicking and punting game improved, tackling improved, pass defense into top 100 in the nation, and average QB play then we could win 6.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Winable games in Bold
Home: Rhode Island, UMass, UCF, Cincinnati, SMU, Temple
Away: Boise State, Syracuse, ECU, Memphis, USF, Tulsa

Anywhere from 6-7 to 9-4, Depending on bowl game opponent.

I've also predicted a winning record in each of the last 6 of the last 7 seasons, former "head coach" Pasqualoni's last season being the exception, IIRC. So there's that too.

Reaction Score
Winable games in Bold
Home: Rhode Island, UMass, UCF, Cincinnati, SMU, Temple
Away: Boise State, Syracuse, ECU, Memphis, USF, Tulsa
Disagree with Syracuse away. Not winnable. And I think UConn will lose one more leaving them with six wins in the RS. Who knows what happens in the bowl game, but a fan has to predict a win there, so that makes it 7-6. Btw, UMass may be tough.

Reaction Score
Disagree with Syracuse away. Not winnable. And I think UConn will lose one more leaving them with six wins in the RS. Who knows what happens in the bowl game, but a fan has to predict a win there, so that makes it 7-6. Btw, UMass may be tough.
the Cuse D is bad as in really bad. They beat Clemson without Clemson's starting QB but for the season they ranked 109 in total D, 103 against the pass, and 101 against the run. Over the last 3 games this year they gave up a total of 162 points. While Dungey is back at QB, they lose their top 2 receivers (Ishmael and Philips; 2,200 yards). They lost to MTSU this past season in the Dome, and even a BD coached team hung tough up there in 2016. I don't think Uconn will be favored, but they have a lot of offense to replace and they lose at home.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, I'm optimistic about next year. Not quite the UConnDan97 kind but despite losing so many starters on the defense, I think the "hated" Billy Crocker scheme will start setting in and we'll see improvement. Same with the offense (regardless of who is at QB) after another year under Lashlee.

I'm guessing at least a one to two win improvement versus this year with a real shot at a 6-6 record and a bowl game.

Ready to be disappointed.

Reaction Score
the Cuse D is bad as in really bad. They beat Clemson without Clemson's starting QB but for the season they ranked 109 in total D, 103 against the pass, and 101 against the run. Over the last 3 games this year they gave up a total of 162 points. While Dungey is back at QB, they lose their top 2 receivers (Ishmael and Philips; 2,200 yards). They lost to MTSU this past season in the Dome, and even a BD coached team hung tough up there in 2016. I don't think Uconn will be favored, but they have a lot of offense to replace and they lose at home.
Love your confidence. If it happens, more beer for us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom