(Very) Early prediction for 2018 UConn FB..... | The Boneyard

(Very) Early prediction for 2018 UConn FB.....

Reaction Score
Odds are against us winning 8 games over the next 2 years, definitely not 8 next year

Reaction Score
Have not really followed recruiting/graduation but it HAS to be better than 3 wins, no?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
5-7

I fully expect the offense to take the next step (we can now move the ball, but we need to score in the red zone), but the defense lacks talent thanks to Diaco's recruiting. The schedule is a bit easier this year.

3-9 is about what I expected this year. The only massively dissappointing game was the ECU loss.

Reaction Score
8 because need to be 7-5 for a bowl guarantee & if make a bowl may as well win it.......is 7 wins really that crazy?

Reaction Score
8 because need to be 7-5 for a bowl guarantee & if make a bowl may as well win it..is 7 wins really that crazy?
Based on this year's team? Yes.

Go back to the pre-season prediction thread and read about how everyone was going to be xx% improved and how RE coaching alone would lead to more wins. There was improvement for some players but not enough for a huge leap forward especially among upper classmen.

Do the younger guys have a chance to get better? Absolutely. Will they all get 100% better? No way. Do we have an upgrade to QB waiting or coming in? Does the D get at least 50% better by next season? And, finally, let's see how the final recruiting class comes out. Is there an impact player in that group?

As far as coaching goes, at least RE had these kids playing as hard as they could game 1 to game 12. That was a massive improvement. That mentality should help win more games next year.

The schedule is not easier next year with URI and Umass being the only potential OOC wins. Cuse and Boise on the road will be tough and who knows how those two teams bounce back from bad seasons. So like this year, you need to be 5-3 in conference to get to 7 wins. I'm not ready to say yes or no, but my leaning is that it is improbable next year just based on how many true freshman may be needed to get this team competitive.

But right now, I am still 100% sober. Maybe after dinner I will see your wisdom.

Reaction Score
8 because need to be 7-5 for a bowl guarantee & if make a bowl may as well win it..is 7 wins really that crazy?

Yes when you consider those really solid Uconn teams of the past rarely ever won 9.

Reaction Score
I predict my enthusiasm will be a 2/10 and the record will be 2-10
Agree: 2 wins max. What will our defensive line look like and our secondary? So many question marks. 2 wins and right now UMass is better than UConn. Never thought I would say it, but they are. I think we beat them 31-0 in PP’s first year.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It will be an interesting off season. I don’t think RE has the time to do a slow rebuild. This program can’t just can’t have another 3 win season and claim rebuilding. I would think there will be significant turnover on the roster and UConn will be looking for JuCo and grad transfers. It’s actually a great spot for grad transfers..lots of opportunity to play. The schedule looks easier and if they can keep the offensive staff (big if) the team can be dangerous offensively. I am glad the bid weakness is on defense, because I think RE can improve there. The AAC has enough soft spots, that when you add in an FCS opponent it would only take one surprising win to get bowl eligible.

I think 6 wins is a good target.

Reaction Score
Lots of work to do with too few quality players. D is going to be a greater mess if that's possible.

Reaction Score
Agree: 2 wins max. What will our defensive line look like and our secondary? So many question marks. 2 wins and right now UMass is better than UConn. Never thought I would say it, but they are. I think we beat them 31-0 in PP’s first year.
UMass fans' jaws were dropped after that game. We might have our jaws dropped after their next game with us.

Reaction Score
It will be an interesting off season. I don’t think RE has the time to do a slow rebuild. This program can’t just can’t have another 3 win season and claim rebuilding. I would think there will be significant turnover on the roster and UConn will be looking for JuCo and grad transfers. It’s actually a great spot for grad transfers..lots of opportunity to play. The schedule looks easier and if they can keep the offensive staff (big if) the team can be dangerous offensively. I am glad the bid weakness is on defense, because I think RE can improve there. The AAC has enough soft spots, that when you add in an FCS opponent it would only take one surprising win to get bowl eligible.

I think 6 wins is a good target.

Not with Pindell as the QB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom