Very Content With Progress | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Very Content With Progress

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Very happy with the progress. Not thrilled with the inability to close out two games in a row. That’s on the coaches and the players. We have lots of experience. Need to be better.

For everyone talking Hawkins, I love his skills. But he’s a ball stopper. Gets it and goes ISO. Every time. He has to start moving the ball. A great shooter is useful for attracting defenders and getting other people good shots.

Sanogo too has to start passing out of the doubles he is now seeing. One on one I like him to try to score against most defenders he will face.

Martin and Cole are playing really well. Cole drives into traffic a bit too much. Martin seems to have his timing off on passes. He is attracting defenders. Has to be better.

Everybody has has holes in their game but key roles to play.

Reaction Score
For everyone talking Hawkins, I love his skills. But he’s a ball stopper. Gets it and goes ISO. Every time. He has to start moving the ball. A great shooter is useful for attracting defenders and getting other people good shots.
Hawkins only took 5 shots in 18 minutes. He takes shots when the play is run for him. Maybe he'll develop some more wisdom through experience about not taking the first shot every time when his number is called, but as a freshman he doesn't get his number called very often.

Reaction Score
Win this game today obviously. And St Bonaventure is going to be a huge game in really solidifying ourselves as a contender

Reaction Score
Hawkins only took 5 shots in 18 minutes. He takes shots when the play is run for him. Maybe he'll develop some more wisdom through experience about not taking the first shot every time when his number is called, but as a freshman he doesn't get his number called very often.
That is exactly right. He doesn’t feel freed up to play yet and understandably so as a frosh under a coach like Danny. i think the entire team plays a little tight because of the coach but that’s a whole other discussion. Free Hawk!

Reaction Score
Okay not posting on this anymore. Like everyone here I am disappointed that we list yesterday but MSU is a good team. Still, we should have won! Looking forward to VCU and hoping the team plays loose and has fun. A third place finish in this tourney with this field is a good result and the positives far outweigh the negatives! A lot to build on with this team.

Reaction Score
No I meant three games. Sure we do nitpick and probably never fully satisfied but I feel (and I think many on here do too) that this team could have a special season. Getting better in the half court offensively would really help!
Thanks for clarification. He may see those type of minutes later this season. At the very least 20+ seems possible.

I think it would be better if you just assume DH knows what he's doing as far as pt is concerned. He has way more info than us. He sees all the bench players daily in practice. Obviously you know that, but I think us fans need to constantly relearn that same lesson.

AJ is the perfect example. People wanted more AJ last year. For the same or similar reason. He's clearly the most athletic. He just needs the pt and boom, our ceiling will be higher. Well, he's getting more minutes this year. he's still our best athlete. Is he our best player? Has the half court offense improved drastically? Probably not.

I suspect you think Hawkins is different. He's more offensive. Better shooter, better whatever.... it's not different. trust DH and staff know better. And the right guys are receiving the appropriate amount of minutes.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree on his left hand. I also think he could get better position closer to the basket before starting his moves and yes he should use the glass more. I am absolutely not saying in any way that this kid isn’t really talented. He absolutely is! You can certainly disagree with me and might be right to do so but I just feel like the half court offense shouldn’t be run through him as option one. It certainly looks like Danny agrees with you and hey, he is the professional not me but I would really like to see what 30+ minutes of Hawkins looks like?
I fully expect to see more and more of Hawkins but I think that will be at the expense of others rather than Sanogo. Hawkins looks very active and I suspect it will not be long before he is getting more and more minutes. He brings more to the table than just long range shooting. After watching the VCU rock fight today and the Auburn game Wednesday our ballhandling ability under pressure is going to bring more pressure until we demonstrate we can handle it. Having 22-24 turnovers a game is not acceptable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom