Veep | The Boneyard

Veep

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This show is absolutely crushing it this season. Jonah Ryan is one of the best characters on television, and it is hard to have a scene with Jonah and Richard that is not absolutely hilarious.

Reaction Score
Agreed 100%. I think this year is the best the show has been. Wonder if it has something to do with the exec producer of Curb Your Enthusiasm taking over this season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Jonah's two campaign episodes literally caused me pain because I was laughing so hard.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I love the show, but saw this season's ending long ago.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jonah's two campaign episodes literally caused me pain because I was laughing so hard.

The quick clip from the kindergarten classroom in this week's episode....

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It's pretty clear the new president will be gone in the first couple episodes. Not a US citizen?

But how does Selina once again become Veep, or possibly president? Senate picks James as vp, he moves up, and then Selina I'd picked as VP?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It's pretty clear the new president will be gone in the first couple episodes. Not a US citizen?

But how does Selina once again become Veep, or possibly president? Senate picks James as vp, he moves up, and then Selina I'd picked as VP?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Probably. Doyle would be good as a President.

It was funny to see Tom James go down in flames after being so arrogant.

I think this show crushed it this season, but there is almost nowhere to go with the plot, and this is a show where the plot matters.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
but there is almost nowhere to go with the plot, and this is a show where the plot matters.

They could migrate toward Jonah, similar to Alpha House, and or The Brink. Lots of possibilities.

Reaction Score

Not so fast. I thought the same, then read this article with the writers (caution spoilers included)

Mandel, who took over the Emmy-winning series from creator Armando Iannucci this season, talks to THR all about his long-hatched and mischievous plan, why he never had any interest in returning Meyer to her old veep office and all the ideas he has (so far) for season six when Veep will assimilate and follow the life of a former president of the United States.

'Veep' Boss Explains Game-Changing Finale: Who Wants to Go Backwards?

Reaction Score
The Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast originates from DC, and one of the commentators asked his DC friends in government which political show (Veep, West Wing, House of Cards, etc) best approximates real life. They said Veep.
Scary.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast originates from DC, and one of the commentators asked his DC friends in government which political show (Veep, West Wing, House of Cards, etc) best approximates real life. They said Veep.
Scary.

I have seen interviews like that too. Everyone in politics that I have seen interviewed about VEEP says they know someone like Jonah.

Reaction Score
This season was more mean than the others. In the past I remember the comedy coming more from idiocy, but now it is just cruelty. I don't think I like it as much.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have seen interviews like that too. Everyone in politics that I have seen interviewed about VEEP says they know someone like Jonah.

I didn't understand Jonah until they revealed how he got the job (powerful uncle).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I didn't understand Jonah until they revealed how he got the job (powerful uncle).

Jonah is educated and book smart, but he totally lacks common sense and is emotionally childish. There are a lot of kids coming out of Ivies every year like Jonah.

Reaction Score
A good show that peaked this far into the game...hard to do. I womder what they do with Celina now? Senate run?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
A good show that peaked this far into the game...hard to do. I womder what they do with Celina now? Senate run?

A previous post quoted the producer saying the show would likely follow her travels as a former president.

I still think the next season will be leading up to the current president being tossed as an illegal alien. James or Doyle as VP will move up ...

Reaction Score
This season was more mean than the others. In the past I remember the comedy coming more from idiocy, but now it is just cruelty. I don't think I like it as much.

I think they had a different writer for this season. Not completely sure about that but think I remember reading that somewhere.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
As long as they don't do a sopranos ended - election night with no declared winner, then fade away.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As long as they don't do a sopranos ended - election night with no declared winner, then fade away.

The plot will be fairly predictable. Selena and Jonah will run a tough primary campaign against each other and Selena will be forced to put Jonah on her ticket. Jonah will then do a series of things that are incredibly stupid which will cost her the election. That will still make for an awesome season. There is about a 10% chance of this show having a happy ending. Does anyone really want a happy ending for any of the characters other than Ben and Kent?

Reaction Score
I thought there was a huge falloff in quality as the season progressed; I almost didn't watch the finale it had deteriorated so much imho. It's time.

In all the previous seasons there was a Seinfeld-esque quality to it, in that you rooted for Selina even though she was a pretty terrible person. Last year, I found nothing to root for. She was just mean.
Also, they missed having Sue around.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought there was a huge falloff in quality as the season progressed; I almost didn't watch the finale it had deteriorated so much imho. It's time.

In all the previous seasons there was a Seinfeld-esque quality to it, in that you rooted for Selina even though she was a pretty terrible person. Last year, I found nothing to root for. She was just mean.
Also, they missed having Sue around.

I don't think we are supposed to root for her. Part of the issue may have been that Season 5 was so incredible that there was bound to be a fall off. That said, the Georgia Election episode was awesome. Dan's arc was very funny, and anything involving Jonah is always hilarious. It was a good season. I agree on missing Sue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom