Vanguard Pre-Game Press | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vanguard Pre-Game Press

Reaction Score
I think oldude has a valid point here. Geno's 5 starters are very very good. It would be difficult for anyone to crack that line up. I'd say they maybe the most talented starting unit in the country. Whether they play like they are is a different story. Once they gel, I expect to see them do some great things this year. Scoring will not be a problem for this unit. All 5 players can put the ball in the basket.

The biggest unknown right now is how good can/will they be on defense? How many times during a game can they limit their opponent to 1 shot per possession? How many times can they get a stop or a steal (when one is really needed) without yielding any points on the defensive end of the court? Can they limit their opponents to 59 points or less each game?

The question here is can they all stay healthy, and how much support will they receive from the reserves? As talented as they are, they cannot carry the team on their backs all season. The bench MUST step up and support the starters whenever called upon. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. As I've observed several times already this year, THIS team can not afford to cater to any cheerleaders.

Everyone on this team has a role. Each player needs to "buy in", know and accept that role, and fill it to the best of her ability. :cool:
How could they be the most talented group in the country if they don’t play like it? What would the most talented evaluation be based on? HS statistics or some “guru’s” rating? There is only 3 known quantities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom