Vandy out of Legends Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vandy out of Legends Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t fully understand the need for more practice, and I really hope we can schedule another opponent instead. Obviously from a fan’s perspective, we just want to see them play.

With an unusual season like this, it shouldn’t matter if we win or lose. From a player’s standpoint, I would imagine these kids are dying to compete against their peers, especially after the AAC tournament and NCAA tournament were cancelled.

If the players feel safe enough to go out there and compete without contracting the virus, I say we schedule anyone who is willing to play us.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has a game December 2 and was looking for a game on the 4/5 (we already play NC State on the 5th). Don't think that's an option for 12/1

Reaction Score
The reality is you play for the NCAA tournament, if there is one, and the best way to get there is to get as many games under your belt as you can. Practice is good and all, but games are better, and given the fact that you can't be assured you can play against the teams that are actually on your schedule, you play as often as you possibly can.
I don't see any way there isn't a tournament. They can't be the only major sport not playing 2 seasons in a row and it's just too much money to leave on the table.

Reaction Score
Florida would be a huge UPGRADE on the schedule versus playing Vandy. They return 6 of their top 8 scorers from last year, and are picked to finish 4th I believe in the SEC.

One advantage we could have. Florida hasn't played a game yet this year.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Side note but I wonder if it’s Florida, if they break up the other game to try to set up a UConn - Florida final

Reaction Score
Side note but I wonder if it’s Florida, if they break up the other game to try to set up a UConn - Florida final
I could certainly see this happening. Borges or someone tweeted that the opponents could shuffle if and when a replacement team is found.

Reaction Score

Nah they usually guarantee the best game in the first round since it's college hoops and they want to ensure the matchup happens. Example: 2K in 2018, UConn/Cuse was first round. More recently: Kansas v. Gonzaga was the 1st round game for Ft. Myers this year.

Reaction Score
Move the game to Wednesday and schedule Florida. We have good luck playing Florida on my birthday
Could happen if we end up facing UF in the championship or 3rd place game. With us facing NC State Friday I don’t think they would do first round Wednesday

Reaction Score
Could happen if we end up facing UF in the championship or 3rd place game. With us facing NC State Friday I don’t think they would do first round Wednesday
They play NC State on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger