Vandy a Good Test | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vandy a Good Test

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn plays Notre Dame, South Carolina, Louisville and Baylor, three of them on the road. USF is a conference game (and who knew they would be diminished). Oklahoma is a long standing series, St. Louis is to give Pheesa a homecoming game, California is a homecoming game for Lou, and Vanderbilt is to ensure a homecoming game for Crystal next year.

Top 50. You are seriously overestimating the strength of schedules for the rest of WCBB. And who else should Geno be scheduling? Duke and Maryland have backed out. He added Tennessee for next year. Stanford has been discontinued for the time being. It would be nice to get one or both of the Oregon schools, but the fact is that a lot of schools find reasons not to play UConn.
Oops, forgot about South Carolina. Top 40 then :)

Reaction Score
Well I was looking forward to going to the game however my wife set up a dinner engagement with some friends so I will not be attending. If someone could pick me up some pocket schedules and posters if they are available it would be much appreciated and Im planning on attending the Depaul game.

I think this will be a good test for our young Huskies as Vandy has some height and they are in a tuff conference. We will see how our non starters development continues. I was very pleased to see the improvement in our last game especially ONO Molly and Coombs. They played with confidence. Now Vandy is a step up from a very good D2 school in SCSU.

As good as UConn is this year they are very dependent on their Big 3. These next few games will show us where we are and expose some of our weaknesses and what we need to work on improving. All this getting ready for a very good Depaul team and a terrific ND team.

We cannot afford injuries and foul trouble to are starters as our bench is young and inexperienced. The inexperience should change over the next 5 games as I expect our non starters to see more playtime and it will be exciting to watch their development.
So the pocket schedules are to post in every room, and one to stick on the back of your wife's phone?

Reaction Score
Vandy is the school that made the phony report to the NCAA on Tennessee's behalf. UConn needs to crush them.
But they also agreed to a home/home with us so Crystal can have a homecoming game. So we should cut them some slack - hold the MOV to around 50 this year and then no more than about 75 next year.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Vandy is the school that made the phony report to the NCAA on Tennessee's behalf. UConn needs to crush them.
Wasn't that before Stephanie White's tenure? I thought that was when Melanie Balcomb was still coaching.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Oops, forgot about South Carolina. Top 40 then :)
Right now Massey is predicting UConn's schedule will the third toughest behind Notre Dame and Baylor. Stanford's schedule is predicted 4th toughest and UCLA's 5th. Massey always weighs tougher games more, so UConn's schedule will be weaker when measured by Sagarin or RPI, but Massey's ranking is more credible.

Reaction Score
Right now Massey is predicting UConn's schedule will the third toughest behind Notre Dame and Baylor. Stanford's schedule is predicted 4th toughest and UCLA's 5th. Massey always weighs tougher games more, so UConn's schedule will be weaker when measured by Sagarin or RPI, but Massey's ranking is more credible.

Well then Plebe is right. Third toughest schedule is within the top 50.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good test for the score keepers. ;)

Reaction Score
Should be a close game. Should be a good experience & test for the players to see how they perform under pressure with the game on the line in the final few minutes. As we know from the last 2 years, the players learn nothing about themselves in 2nd-half blowouts.
I would hope for UConn’s sake this is not a close game. If Vandy plays UConn close UConn is pretty bad.
Vandy lost to N. Alabama and having the distinction of N. Alabama’s first Div 1 win in history.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Vanderbilt lost to North Alabama, not Northern Arizona.

I got bad intel, I was going off of an earlier post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom