Vance Jackson unlikely to play tomorrow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson unlikely to play tomorrow

Reaction Score
How could you choose either. Maybe the 2 best players ever to come into UConn in a long time.

Although, Carlton, ranked like 230 could break this streak.

Nice, if I had to choose one or the other I would choose Vital.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Nothing is confirmed thats just what they put out there for the press. Too many of our players are soft and missing games for what's presented as concussions. This type of approach starts from the head all the way on down. I never saw a Calhoun team have so many guys missing games with so many subjective issues.

PS: Amida dominate Cinci

Screw you

Reaction Score
Nothing is confirmed thats just what they put out there for the press. Too many of our players are soft and missing games for what's presented as concussions. This type of approach starts from the head all the way on down. I never saw a Calhoun team have so many guys missing games with so many subjective issues.

Yes, they usually divert flights for stubbed toes

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
"Clinical generic possibilities, mmkay?" - Dr. Chief

hqdefault.jpg

Sounds like he's suffering a bout of medical jargon verbal diarrhea.

Reaction Score
It is one possible explanation - has some of the same symptoms. Again, these are clinical generic possibilities - no specific ties to anyone at UConn.
How about he has a concussion?

H

huskymagic

I think we're all suffering a concussion from the horror-show we have been witnessing last 3 years. It's confirmed. We're due to snap out of it when we start winning again.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just a gut feeling - something is not right overall. The possibilities:
1) Over cautious concussion protocols - there's no downside in their eyes to being overly conservative even to the point of ridiculous.
2) Drugs
3) Guys just poorly condition, so they are more likely to get both physical and head trauma injuries
4) Very, very, very bad luck. When things keep happening the "just bad luck" explanation becomes less and less likely

Is it chest tattoos?
Jalapeño mac n cheese?
Poor toilet training?

Stay on the case, Chief
Inquiring minds want to know
What drugs are you on?

Now at Lyric Hall,
between bands, saying again
Ignoring is bliss

Reaction Score
The spate of injuries is highly unusual. It would be irresponsible to ascribe it too really bad luck. There is a reason and it would be in the best interest of all concerned to get to the bottom of it. Clearly players are logging a lot minutes on the floor, but You don't see a lot of 18-23 year olds running out gas playing twice a week. Something strange is afoot - over work, poor conditioning, who knows.

Reaction Score
I spent yrs coaching hs cheerleading and abt 3 years ago all coaches hs and college had to become concussion certified. Separate cert from AED first aid and CPR...also mandatory. Unfortunately the number of severe injuries continues to increase and get worse in all sports. If any player falls and hits their head they are mandated to not participate in prac or play for minimum 48 hrs, cld be more depending on fall/hit. Its not the players or coaching missing games for subjective issues. Its now the rules that coaches and trainers must follow.

Reaction Score
you gotta be kidding me with this post. I mean come on???!!!!
I mean honestly, does everyone have these morons on ignore or have people just given up responding to the idiocy?

We have people going unchecked here blaming a couple minor concussions on Ollie, recruiting, drugs, bad conditioning, being soft, or just making excuses.

This is fn pathetic. I've never used the ignore feature before but this place is unreadable. I'm going on an ignore spree to save my eyeballs some pain

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
not sure I remember one player missing a game with a concussion in my nearly 50 years of following the Huskies (although I'm sure there must have been some)

and then there was 2017, when seemingly all the players have had a concussion, as well as the coaching staff and they even gave their fan-base concussion like symptoms

I have a freak'n tumor, I'm exhausted, I can't take anymore ...................

think I'm giving them up for lent

Reaction Score
This is one of the few times I agree with Chief that something isn't right here with these so called "injuries" and "concussions". Not only are they "confirmed" hastily before game day not even a game-time decision, but multiple guys with the same so-called ailment and diagnosis. Either we have some of the softest, weakest, and least-physically prepared UCONN athletes of all time or something has changed in our procedure and protocol towards subjective injuries. Some of our guys aren't in the best physical shape that part is clear, but the ready-made excuses before games is becoming a trend here, and an easy cop-out to a tough season.

It must be a shining moment for Chief to think huskymagic agrees with him. Time to celebrate!:eek:

Reaction Score
Man, you guys must have not watched UC much on the road this year.

We're dreadful.

Like we average 86 at home and 64 on the road. That's one of the biggest splits in the country.

As a UC fan, I'm worried about this game. I can see purvis and Adams lighting us up.

If you can manage to score 65 you probably win.

Though I'd much rather Ollie just give us this one, then will do what we always do when we play uconn in the tourney: lose

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

You sound like my high school football coach who thought it a good idea to hold double practices in August all the while not drinking water.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Just a gut feeling - something is not right overall. The possibilities:
1) Over cautious concussion protocols - there's no downside in their eyes to being overly conservative even to the point of ridiculous.
2) Drugs
3) Guys just poorly condition, so they are more likely to get both physical and head trauma injuries
4) Very, very, very bad luck. When things keep happening the "just bad luck" explanation becomes less and less likely
VJ vomited several hours post slamming his head on the floor, classic concussion symptom and potentially symptomatic of something worse. Read up on Natasha Richardson's death if you want to know why a concussion protocol is necessary.

C

Chief00

VJ vomited several hours post slamming his head on the floor, classic concussion symptom and potentially symptomatic of something worse. Read up on Natasha Richardson's death if you want to know why a concussion protocol is necessary.

Trying to have a logical, analytical, data driven conversation on this board is a complete waste of time. When you have an extremely high positive detection rate of concussions yet everyone is back to play in a week - you think one might want to examine the possibility of false positive bias in the identification process but no one wants to consider that. If they were true concussions they would not be back to play in a week.

C

Chief00

not sure I remember one player missing a game with a concussion in my nearly 50 years of following the Huskies (although I'm sure there must have been some)

and then there was 2017, when seemingly all the players have had a concussion, as well as the coaching staff and they even gave their fan-base concussion like symptoms

I have a freak'n tumor, I'm exhausted, I can't take anymore ....

think I'm giving them up for lent

And if these were under reported for decades - where's the parade of permanently damaged former athletes at the lawyer' office.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom