Vance Jackson unlikely to play tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson unlikely to play tomorrow

Reaction Score
Just a gut feeling - something is not right overall. The possibilities:
1) Over cautious concussion protocols - there's no downside in their eyes to being overly conservative even to the point of ridiculous.
2) Drugs
3) Guys just poorly condition, so they are more likely to get both physical and head trauma injuries
4) Very, very, very bad luck. When things keep happening the "just bad luck" explanation becomes less and less likely

This is pathetic, even for you Chief. Drugs? Come on dude, that's right up there with your Andre hangouts in fantasyland. I'm just surprised the point number 5 wasn't "glen miller's defensive schemes". We saw Vance get his bell rung on the court and we know from team sources he had some sort of medical issue on the plane. Occam's razor dude. Our players have concussions or at the very least symptoms of a concussion. We're playing meaningless basketball at this point. They're being held out for their own good. Go back to pretending to know basketball or conditioning or being a sycophant to former players and stop with libeling our coaching staff and players

C

Chief00

This is pathetic, even for you Chief. Drugs? Come on dude, that's right up there with your Andre hangouts in fantasyland. I'm just surprised the point number 5 wasn't "glen miller's defensive schemes". We saw Vance get his bell rung on the court and we know from team sources he had some sort of medical issue on the plane. Occam's razor dude. Our players have concussions or at the very least symptoms of a concussion. We're playing meaningless basketball at this point. They're being held out for their own good. Go back to pretending to know basketball or conditioning or being a sycophant to former players and stop with libeling our coaching staff and players
It is one possible explanation - has some of the same symptoms. Again, these are clinical generic possibilities - no specific ties to anyone at UConn.

Reaction Score
I mean honestly, does everyone have these morons on ignore or have people just given up responding to the idiocy?

We have people going unchecked here blaming a couple minor concussions on Ollie, recruiting, drugs, bad conditioning, being soft, or just making excuses.

This is fn pathetic. I've never used the ignore feature before but this place is unreadable. I'm going on an ignore spree to save my eyeballs some pain
You just have to be able to look at the big picture. Think about how blessed you are. You could have lost the genetic lottery and gone through life as a huskymagic or a Chief, but you didn't.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I mean honestly, does everyone have these morons on ignore or have people just given up responding to the idiocy?

We have people going unchecked here blaming a couple minor concussions on Ollie, recruiting, drugs, bad conditioning, being soft, or just making excuses.

This is fn pathetic. I've never used the ignore feature before but this place is unreadable. I'm going on an ignore spree to save my eyeballs some pain

There is as certain segment of the population that thrives on misery. They are drawn to it like moths to a flame. And they unfortunately happen to be the most persistent people of all, because tantrums are always performed the longest by brats.

The problem is not that they go unchecked. The problem is that smart people ultimately realize that you can fix ignorance, but you can't fix dumb. And you also can't win a peeing contest with a (Richard)...

Reaction Score
1) Over cautious concussion protocols - there's no downside in their eyes to being overly conservative even to the point of ridiculous.
2) Drugs
3) Guys just poorly condition, so they are more likely to get both physical and head trauma injuries
4) Very, very, very bad luck. When things keep happening the "just bad luck" explanation becomes less and less likely
Could you explain this to me as to what the hell your saying. What is rattling around your brain chief and this husky magic guy is his like. You don't play around with concussions period ended of story.

C

Chief00

Every doctor in America just laughed out loud.

I can tell you never played the game - when you are tired you get lazy or mentally less alert and put yourself much more at risk of injury.

H

huskymagic

You just have to be able to look at the big picture. Think about how blessed you are. You could have lost the genetic lottery and gone through life as a huskymagic or a Chief, but you didn't.

7774 your awesome my man this one made LOL, very good work. According to Chief, Ollie has guys concussed out of their mind that they get supposedly concussed while already on concussion. Good stuff there. What's your take on why supposed concussions are happening so frequently this year and are "confirmed" before game days or it because they are tired from playing supposedly too many minutes. It's definitely an interesting question that Chief made and can't be explained by bad luck.

Reaction Score
2) Drugs
You sound like a crazy person.

C

Chief00

Could you explain this to me as to what the hell your saying. What is rattling around your brain chief and this husky magic guy is his like. You don't play around with concussions period ended of story.
Just for the record I advocated much more stringent concussion protocols for decades in sports that actually experience higher risks (including boxing and football).

Your assuming these are accurately diagnosed concussions. There are other conditions that have some of the same symptoms that can create false positives - including drug usage. Additionally, when you diagnose more concussions than any of the other 300 D1 basketball schools any good researcher would have you take another look at your methodology. I am not saying their approach is wrong, just that the results are such an anomaly that it needs a second independent look. It needs to be independently reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:

pj

Reaction Score
7774 your awesome my man this one made LOL, very good work. According to Chief, Ollie has guys concussed out of their mind that they get supposedly concussed while already on concussion. Good stuff there. What's your take on why supposed concussions are happening so frequently this year and are "confirmed" before game days or it because they are tired from playing supposedly too many minutes. It's definitely an interesting question that Chief made and can't be explained by bad luck.

Chief just gave the answer himself:

I can tell you never played the game - when you are tired you get lazy or mentally less alert and put yourself much more at risk of injury.

Fatigue leading to heightened injury risk.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nothing is confirmed thats just what they put out there for the press. Too many of our players are soft and missing games for what's presented as concussions. This type of approach starts from the head all the way on down. I never saw a Calhoun team have so many guys missing games with so many subjective issues.

PS: Amida dominate Cinci
KO is at fault and generated these false illnesses!!!!!?????
Officially ignored
Perhaps the most moronic poster. Period.

H

huskymagic

KO is at fault and generated these false illnesses!!!!!?????
Officially ignored
Perhaps the most moronic poster. Period.

Gtcam i said they are presented as concussions and are rapidly and hastily confirmed before gameday. Either our players have become more fragile than any point in UCONN history or procedures/protocols have become diluted under Ollie's tenure especially in a throw-away season. This was Chief's point that I laid out in more sophisticated terms. These are plausible hypotheses that any thinking person would theorize.

PS: Don't use safe zones be the 65 year old man that you are and embrace diversity of opinions. Don't hide behind your cloak of invisibility.

Reaction Score
Gtcam i said they are presented as concussions and are rapidly and hastily confirmed before gameday. Either our players have become more fragile than any point in UCONN history or procedures/protocols have become diluted under Ollie's tenure especially in a throw-away season. This was Chief's point that I laid out in more sophisticated terms. These are plausible hypotheses that any thinking person would theorize.

PS: Don't use safe zones be the 65 year old man that you are and embrace diversity of opinions. Don't hide behind your cloak of invisibility.

Reaction Score
I would think that a concussion evaluation is determined immediately after the event that may have caused the concussion. If it is determined the player did suffer a concussion then the protocol is in place. Why would a team need to wait until game day to confirm it? In my sons high school he took a baseline test prior to engaging in a practice. If it was suspected he had a concussion the test was retaken and the results were the main factor determining whether he needed to engage in the concussion protocol. I think the fact that Vance was sick on the flight home was a strong indication he had suffered a concussion.

Of course this is happening more often lately since the effect of continual concussions has come front and center in recent years. I do think it must be a UConn problem though since at least two of Geno's players have also suffered concussions this year. I also found it interesting that one poster had monitored all 300+ Division 1 teams and found that UConn led the country in concussions. I was very happy to know UConn leads the NCAA in something.

Apologies for the length of this post.

Reaction Score
Just for the record I advocated much more stringent concussion protocols for decades in sports that actually experience higher risks (including boxing and football).

Your assuming these are accurately diagnosed concussions. There are other conditions that have some of the same symptoms that can create false positives - including drug usage. Additionally, when you diagnose more concussions than any of the other 300 D1 basketball schools any good researcher would have you take another look at your methodology. I am not saying their approach is wrong, just that the results are such an anomaly that it needs a second independent look. It needs to be independently reviewed.

So you've advocated for decades... at minimum that puts you at about 50 years old, if you were in your early 20s when you developed this vast knowledge of concussions. You must have graduated med school early.

A 50+ year old male hanging out with 'dre in the club that evening last year (which you actually made up). I definitely see Andre Drummond chilling with his geriatric homies pretty regularly on Instagram

Reaction Score
So you've advocated for decades... at minimum that puts you at about 50 years old, if you were in your early 20s when you developed this vast knowledge of concussions. You must have graduated med school early.

A 50+ year old male hanging out with 'dre in the club that evening last year (which you actually made up). I definitely see Andre Drummond chilling with his geriatric homies pretty regularly on Instagram
I bet chief is not really even a chief

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Anyone have any good pizza lately?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members