Van lith to Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Van lith to Louisville

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Hmh. Interesting. Referring to the 3x3 Under 18 competition in Mongolia........ 2 of the players ended up choosing Louisville and the other 2 chose Mississippi State. Call it an even split and those 4 players are merely within a 450 mile radius of each other. Much altogether closer than where they all played in high school.

Makes for potential interesting matches against the Cardinals and Bulldogs after this year - and these recruits being the future of the two teams. As I expect both to be very strong in the early 2020s with so much rising talent on the bench.

Reaction Score
Yeah...so what and why not? I never said I wasn't biased (ie. never said I was unbiased). And, I've never hid where my allegiances lie on this board. I see no problem stating an idea/opinion complementary to the team I adhere to. Apparently you do.
But you say it for every high quality recruit. Pretty pedestrian for everyone as it should be.

Reaction Score
But you say it for every high quality recruit. Pretty pedestrian for everyone as it should be.
Really? And who exactly are all these (every one according to you) high level recruits I discussed like I discussed Hailey Van Lith? I have brought up GK and PV a couple times and 1 or 2 other 2021 recruits (1 or 2 times) because OSU is actively recruiting them. If my few comments are so dull, repetitive, or uninteresting to you, maybe you should just ignore them.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I guess I don't get where the idea comes from that Walz isn't a good coach/developer of players? in 12 years as a HC, he's been to three final fours, including 2 championship games. Louisville is always good to very good, and he's made it happen with talent that has been excellent, but not UConn/ND level (or even MD).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The whole religious thing at Baylor is such a joke. I mean seriously, after all the crap that's gone on there. I can't even see how someone can talk about that with a straight face. I have lots of respect for Mulkey and how she's built her program, but I don't respect hypocrisy.
Careful, no one likes hypocrites, but we're all hypocrites about one thing or another. Including you and me.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I guess I don't get where the idea comes from that Walz isn't a good coach/developer of players? in 12 years as a HC, he's been to three final fours, including 2 championship games. Louisville is always good to very good, and he's made it happen with talent that has been excellent, but not UConn/ND level (or even MD).

I guess my perspective on Walz is that he's good at taking middling talent, developing them, and then making some noise with that team. With the top talent he's recruited, I don't think he's really pushed them to achieve what they are truly capable of.

That's where my hesitation lies in Hailey Van Lith's commitment. I think she would have developed a better, more well-rounded game if she was taking the next step with a different coach.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Careful, no one likes hypocrites, but we're all hypocrites about one thing or another. Including you and me.
I'm differentiating here between institutional and personal hypocrisy.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I guess my perspective on Walz is that he's good at taking middling talent, developing them, and then making some noise with that team. With the top talent he's recruited, I don't think he's really pushed them to achieve what they are truly capable of.

That's where my hesitation lies in Hailey Van Lith's commitment. I think she would have developed a better, more well-rounded game if she was taking the next step with a different coach.

I may be forgetting someone, but in my mind, he's had two elite prospects at Louisville: Angel McCoughtry and Asia Durr.

He seemed to know how to reach Angel and get her to play to her potential in college, and she's obviously become a terrific pro after becoming a #1 draft pick.

Asia Durr was a two-time first team All American and picked second in the WNBA draft.

It's hard to argue both didn't become great players under his tutelage.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I may be forgetting someone, but in my mind, he's had two elite prospects at Louisville: Angel McCoughtry and Asia Durr.

He seemed to know how to reach Angel and get her to play to her potential in college, and she's obviously become a terrific pro after becoming a #1 draft pick.

Asia Durr was a two-time first team All American and picked second in the WNBA draft.

It's hard to argue both didn't become great players under his tutelage.

Obviously we disagree on this one, but I think they both would have become better players with other coaches. He's a good coach -- not a great one.

Hailey Van Lith had other options with better coaches and, going back to my original post, I think she hurt herself by waiting so long to commit. She'll do well, but based on her perceived work ethic she would have done well anywhere. I just don't think she will finish college anywhere close to reaching her potential. And, honestly, I hope she proves me wrong. I really do love how she plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom