Van lith to Louisville | The Boneyard

Van lith to Louisville

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for L'ville. So glad she chose that school over Baylor. I wonder what the deciding factor was for her. IIRC, everyone at Baylor though she was bound for Waco early on, but after her OV, she added L'ville. Once Andrews verbaled, I figured it would be the Cardinals, but a few Baylor fans said Hailey Van Lith is uber religious (Baylor is a religious school) and that she'd fit right in with Andrews.

Isn't she the player that Kim flew the entire staff up to her hometown to visit? OOPS! LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like this. A lot. I think Jeff Walz is a genuinely nice guy based on what I've heard from him. He's witty and sarcastic, yet seems to genuinely care about his players. Louisville is. program that I can't really dislike all that much. I've never been a big fan of Baylor (compounded after Griner left and did the interviews about how she was repressed from being herself and such). Kim always looks so angry and displeased... and her clothes scare me. I feel like Hailey will come out of Louisville a better person and player in a system that she will fit well into! If she wasn't coming to here, DePaul would have been my next hope (mine, not hers) and after that, Louisville seems good to me!

Reaction Score
Good for L'ville. So glad she chose that school over Baylor. I wonder what the deciding factor was for her. IIRC, everyone at Baylor though she was bound for Waco early on, but after her OV, she added L'ville. Once Andrews verbaled, I figured it would be the Cardinals, but a few Baylor fans said Hailey Van Lith is uber religious (Baylor is a catholic school) and that she'd fit right in with Andrews.

Isn't she the player that Kim flew the entire staff up to her hometown to visit? OOPS! LOL
Baylor is a private Christian school but it’s not Catholic.

Reaction Score
Law goodness. Baylor is a Baptist school, not a Catholic school. Baylor's leaders would be in agony over that accusation! Much like Notre Dame's head priests would feel if someone posted that Notre Dame was a Baptist school. (Never mind that it's all the same God)!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Law goodness. Baylor is a Baptist school, not a Catholic school. Baylor's leaders would be in agony over that accusation! Much like Notre Dame's head priests would feel if someone posted that Notre Dame was a Baptist school. (Never mind that it's all the same God)!
LOL good one!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I really like how Hailey Van Lith plays, and I'm eager to see how that style develops in the college game. She has a spunk that I find particularly fun to watch.

However...

I think she shot herself in the foot by waiting so long. She'll continue to develop where she already excels at Louisville while being their star, but I think she could have really been pushed at Baylor, UConn, or Oregon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like this. A lot. I think Jeff Walz is a genuinely nice guy based on what I've heard from him. He's witty and sarcastic, yet seems to genuinely care about his players. Louisville is. program that I can't really dislike all that much. I've never been a big fan of Baylor (compounded after Griner left and did the interviews about how she was repressed from being herself and such). Kim always looks so angry and displeased... and her clothes scare me. I feel like Hailey will come out of Louisville a better person and player in a system that she will fit well into! If she wasn't coming to here, DePaul would have been my next hope (mine, not hers) and after that, Louisville seems good to me!
I’ve liked Baylor because of Kim and her ability to manage a roster full of talent. While I disagree with some of Baylor’s values (specifically those that most likely kept Griner from being who she really was while she was there), I like Kim because she always praises other teams and players. She’s also consistent about improving her players, which is rare for a Texas university :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The whole religious thing at Baylor is such a joke. I mean seriously, after all the crap that's gone on there. I can't even see how someone can talk about that with a straight face. I have lots of respect for Mulkey and how she's built her program, but I don't respect hypocrisy.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to her at Louisville. I still think she would have been best at Oregon State. The team would have been all hers at PG as a sophomore, junior, and senior. Oh well...OSU is recruiting Jersey Wolfenbarger (PG), Greta Kampschroeder (G), Payton Verhulst (G), Talia Von Oelhoffen, and maybe a few others for 2021.

Reaction Score
Well, not just OSU - most of those teutonic sounding last names have been on Stanford's targets lists for a while as well, and several have already visited.
Yes, I realize that. There is a long list of suitors for each of them. Speculation is OSU may be a leader or co-leader for 1 of these 4 gals, but a lot can change over the next 12 months. 2020 OSU commit Sasha Goforth was/is a teammate with 3 of them which may (or may not) help OSU: Blue Stars 30 Stars (USA U18 3x3) and Arkansas Banshees (second roster in the link below).

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Good for L'ville. So glad she chose that school over Baylor. I wonder what the deciding factor was for her. IIRC, everyone at Baylor though she was bound for Waco early on, but after her OV, she added L'ville. Once Andrews verbaled, I figured it would be the Cardinals, but a few Baylor fans said Hailey Van Lith is uber religious (Baylor is a religious school) and that she'd fit right in with Andrews.

Maybe she can bring some religion to the L’Ville athletic department.

Reaction Score
I really like how Hailey Van Lith plays, and I'm eager to see how that style develops in the college game. She has a spunk that I find particularly fun to watch.

However...

I think she shot herself in the foot by waiting so long. She'll continue to develop where she already excels at Louisville while being their star, but I think she could have really been pushed at Baylor, UConn, or Oregon.
I totally agree. Walze tends to let his players do their thing and it often hurts them at the next level-- Think Shoni Schimmel. She never developed the foundations ( work ethic ) necessary in either high school or college.
Anyone who saw her game should have figured she would end up at Louisville.

Reaction Score

Interesting the four members of the 3 on 3 championship team from this summer ended up at schools together: O Cochran and H Van Lith at Louisville and R Jackson and M Hayes at Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to her at Louisville. I still think she would have been best at Oregon State. The team would have been all hers at PG as a sophomore, junior, and senior. Oh well...OSU is recruiting Jersey Wolfenbarger (PG), Greta Kampschroeder (G), Payton Verhulst (G), Talia Von Oelhoffen, and maybe a few others for 2021.

Well of course you would think that. You need a PG and Hailey Van Lith is exceptional. A foundation building type of player.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

However...

I must politely disagree with you. Jeff does quite nicely with guards or have you already forgotten Shoni and Asia?
Hailey Van Lith will so very well as a Cardinal and in the ACC vs. that pathetic conference known as the Big 12. Hopefully the Big East can improve it’s top programs to challenge UConn and pass this P5 conference who continues to slip.

Reaction Score
She’s gonna start the first time she’s suits up, that’s why she chose Louisville. Well, I said she’s a Louisville lean, then thought Baylor after the visit. I’m gonna stick with my first mind from now on.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I must politely disagree with you. Jeff does quite nicely with guards or have you already forgotten Shoni and Asia?
Hailey Van Lith will so very well as a Cardinal and in the ACC vs. that pathetic conference known as the Big 12. Hopefully the Big East can improve it’s top programs to challenge UConn and pass this P5 conference who continues to slip.

Shoni never really made the jump to the pros (which made me sad — I really liked watching her play) and injuries this season means the verdict is still out on Asia.

Hailey Van Lith was going to do well wherever she went — it’s just her personality. She’ll make an impact from day one and will rise to the top of the ACC. I just don’t think Jeff will push her to her limits.

Selfishly, I’m glad she didn’t land at Baylor. Kim would have turned her scary good, but I don’t think she’ll be anything to fear at Louisville.

Reaction Score
Shoni never really made the jump to the pros (which made me sad — I really liked watching her play) and injuries this season means the verdict is still out on Asia.

Hailey Van Lith was going to do well wherever she went — it’s just her personality. She’ll make an impact from day one and will rise to the top of the ACC. I just don’t think Jeff will push her to her limits.

Selfishly, I’m glad she didn’t land at Baylor. Kim would have turned her scary good, but I don’t think she’ll be anything to fear at Louisville.
I’m guessing Evans and Balogun are likely to start next season, Jeff will have plenty of options for that third guard slot.

Reaction Score
Someone posted a while back that if you bolted on UConn's last year's results to the to last year's Big East, the Big East would supplant the Big 12 as the #4 RPI conference.

Reaction Score
Well of course you would think that. You need a PG and Hailey Van Lith is exceptional. A foundation building type of player.
Yeah...so what and why not? I never said I wasn't biased (ie. never said I was unbiased). And, I've never hid where my allegiances lie on this board. I see no problem stating an idea/opinion complementary to the team I adhere to. Apparently you do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Walz normally does a good job putting his players in positions to be successful and take advantage of there skill sets. Like moving Bria Smith to point guard, or Durr and Shoni both off the ball. I think Hailey Van Lith will see a lot of minutes at off guard, playing next to Kianna Smith as a bigger point guard, should do her some good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom