Value, Impact, & Efficiency - Big Mama Stef | The Boneyard

Value, Impact, & Efficiency - Big Mama Stef

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Stefanie Dolson is averaging 8.4 points and 4.2 rebounds in 22.6 minutes per game (she has started all 27 games for the New York Liberty).
These numbers are slightly lower than her career averages coming into the 2022 season – 9.4 points and 4.86 rebounds per game (in similar minutes).

The efficiency numbers, however, tell another story about Big Mama Stef's contributions and the impact she has had.

Dolson is shooting 53.4 percent from the field, the second-best mark in her nine WNBA seasons. She is also shooting 39.1 percent from three and 91.9 percent from the free throw line – and she has made more free throws in 2022 than she did in the 2020 and 2021 seasons combined.

Only TEN (including Dolson as well as Breanna Stewart and Tina Charles) have achieved these marks this season:
  • > 45% from the floor
  • > 35% from the three
  • > 80% from the free throw line
  • Played in at least 60% of the team’s 2022 games
WNBA STATS LINK #1

Only THREE WNBA players (Dolson, Nneka Ogwumike, and Elena Delle Done) have achieved the following marks this season:
  • > 49% from the floor
  • > 38% from the three
WNBA STATS LINK #2

Only THREE WNBA players (Dolson, Nneka Ogwumike, and Tiffany Hayes) have achieved the following marks this season:
  • > 53% from the floor
  • > 39% from the three
  • > 10 minutes played per game
WNBA STATS LINK #3

And ONLY ONE WNBA player – Dolson – has achieved the following this season:
  • > 50% from the floor
  • > 39% from the three
  • > 85% from the free throw line
  • > Played in at least 60% of the team’s 2022 games
WNBA STATS LINK #4

Among WNBA players who have played in at least 60 percent of their respective teams’ 2022 games, Dolson ranks:
While she will not make the All-WNBA First or Second Team, the value and impact of Stefanie Dolson's contributions on the floor -- and the efficiency with which she performs -- tell a vastly different story than her raw numbers in terms of what her signing has meant to the New York Liberty.

@HuskyNan , @Vowelguy , @CocoHusky , @triaddukefan , @ucbart , @EricLA

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Stefanie Dolson is averaging 8.4 points and 4.2 rebounds in 22.6 minutes per game (she has started all 27 games for the New York Liberty).
These numbers are slightly lower than her career averages coming into the 2022 season – 9.4 points and 4.86 rebounds per game (in similar minutes).

The efficiency numbers, however, tell another story about Big Mama Stef's contributions and the impact she has had.

Dolson is shooting 53.4 percent from the field, the second-best mark in her nine WNBA seasons. She is also shooting 39.1 percent from three and 91.9 percent from the free throw line – and she has made more free throws in 2022 than she did in the 2020 and 2021 seasons combined.

Only TEN (including Dolson as well as Breanna Stewart and Tina Charles) have achieved these marks this season:
  • > 45% from the floor
  • > 35% from the three
WNBA STATS LINK #1

Only THREE WNBA players (Dolson, Nneka Ogwumike, and Elena Delle Done) have achieved the following marks this season:
  • > 49% from the floor
  • > 38% from the three
WNBA STATS LINK #2

Only THREE WNBA players (Dolson, Nneka Ogwumike, and Tiffany Hayes) have achieved the following marks this season:
  • > 53% from the floor
  • > 39% from the three
  • > 10 minutes played per game
WNBA STATS LINK #3

And ONLY ONE WNBA player – Dolson – has achieved the following this season:
  • > 50% from the floor
  • > 39% from the three
  • > 85% from the free throw line
  • > Played in at least 60% of the team’s 2022 games
WNBA STATS LINK #4

Among WNBA players who have played in at least 60 percent of their respective teams’ 2022 games, Dolson ranks:
While she will not make the All-WNBA First or Second Team, the value and impact of Stefanie Dolson's contributions on the floor -- and the efficiency with which she performs -- tell a vastly different story than her raw numbers in terms of what her signing has meant to the New York Liberty.

@HuskyNan , @Vowelguy , @CocoHusky , @triaddukefan , @ucbart , @EricLA
I always appreciate your contributions. Between you and @triaddukefan I have totally abandoned my Duke hatred carefully nurtured while I was mainly a men’s basketball fan.

As for Dolson, I believe she had the best defensive footwork of any post that came through here, reminiscent of Voskuhl and Okafor on the men’s side, and the chief reason she got a DPOY award.

Reaction Score
I always appreciate your contributions. Between you and @triaddukefan I have totally abandoned my Duke hatred carefully nurtured while I was mainly a men’s basketball fan.

As for Dolson, I believe she had the best defensive footwork of any post that came through here, reminiscent of Voskuhl and Okafor on the men’s side, and the chief reason she got a DPOY award.

DPOY, when?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pretty good for a player who was supposed to be a “nice role player” per her AAU coach
Was this quote made prior to her UConn days or her WNBA days?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom