UVA making the committee proud | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UVA making the committee proud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

A few months ago I asked Trilly on Twitter what it would take for UVa to move on from, or at least get concerned by, Tony Bennett. Naturally, they defended him in droves, but man do I look like a genius this morning. Sad to say because I don't mind their fans and would welcome continued success in the ACC from a program not named Duke or UNC, but they make it so hard to root for them.

Reaction Score

I don't think the committee chair cares....it was written in stone apparently that UVa gets a bid regardless of how putrid they are. The ACC had 1 very good team this year, 1 ok team and the rest middling to bad. UVa only played UNC & Duke once, lost of course and didn't crack 50 in either game.....their record is meaningless. The UVa 13-7 record in ACC pales in comparison to Seton Hall's 13-7 record in the BE. No rationale for UVa to be in tourney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UVA’s resume was atrocious. They played a total of 3 teams in the Top 25 of NET all season. All double-digit losses for UVA.

2-7 in Quad 1. And they lost those 7 games by an average of 21 points!

On the plus side of the ledger there’s. . . nothing. Not a single win against a team that finished in the Top 25 of the AP Poll or the NET.

So basically, they played nobody and beat nobody. And just about every time they were in the same area code as a halfway-decent team, they not only lost but got run off the court. Even Notre Dame (13-20, 124 NET, 0 Quad 1 Wins) beat them by 22!

Their washout of a game against Colorado State is pretty much exactly who UVA has been all year.

Reaction Score
Quad One Games:

St. John’s (4-10, 29% win rate)
Ave. Score: 76-77 (1 point loss)

UVA (2-7, 22% win rate)
Ave Score: 52-69 (17 point loss)

LOL. Has there ever been an at-large team with a worse Q1 loss margin?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UVA just put $2,000,000 into the conference coffers. I'm sure the ACC is pleased with their performance.

Reaction Score
He is horrible. To my eyes he sneakily lost that game for them as he needed to be at least a secondary ball handler and sometimes primary, and his decision making is absolutely horrible. He’s really bad, and shouldn’t be this bad.
And he played all 40 minutes last night. Which tells you where PC's roster is without Devin Carter. English needs to hit the portal hard or they'll stink next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom