UVA Game thread. | Page 31 | The Boneyard

UVA Game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Urban Dictionary: Term used often in college football to refer to a team winning all of it's games, usually in a conference.
It was a joke; as in they lose every game the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
Consider this; as uninspiring as the football has been, we are a coaches' decision away from being 3-0. I want everyone to appreciate that. I'd rather be a mediocre team that wins than a pretty team that loses. Keep growing, Huskies.
I'm right with you Dan. I'd pull my hair out if it was long enough to do so. My heart would have stopped at times if it was weak enough. But this team pulled it out. 1 more win means one less loss. On to the next week. This is 1930's leather cap no face mask football. As long as you score more points than the other team when the clock hits 0:00, you WIN. And WIN they did.

Reaction Score
The one thing we did better this week was clock management. We had TO's at the end of each 1/2 and at times we almost ran a no huddle. It wasn't pretty but that was a big difference this week.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Have you already forgotten the win against Tulane both last year and the year before?
Yes. I try to live in the present. But you have a point there. It ranks right up there though with way too many like it over the past few years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know who didn't? The UConn Football team. They are now 2-1. Take your loss, but they took the WIN.
I played another sport in college that happened to have some questionable assistant coaching at the time, and if you don't think our players are in the locker room saying how crappy that game and play calling was you are out of your mind. I was saying that in jest but there is nobody but Wain and Puyole coming out of Hartford puffing their chest.

Reaction Score
The one thing we did better this week was clock management. We had TO's at the end of each 1/2 and at times we almost ran a no huddle. It wasn't pretty but that was a big difference this week.
The other good thing they did better was score more points. That usually means a win.

Reaction Score
I played another sport in college that happened to have some questionable assistant coaching at the time, and if you don't think our players are in the locker room saying how crappy that game and play calling was you are out of your mind. I was saying that in jest but there is nobody but Wain and Puyole coming out of Hartford puffing their chest.
Pretty sure Diaco is.

Reaction Score
Oh good, Richmond and Stony Brook are on SNY next.....some real football.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I suggested rushing the field but was overruled

Reaction Score
Time of possession in the first half....UVA - 18:17 Uconn - 11:43.
So I posted this at halftime.....interesting that the time of possession at the end of the game was UVA - 28:27 Uconn - 31.33. That means the UVA offense only had the ball for a little over 10 minutes for the entire second half. Amazing what can happen when you keep the other teams offense off the field......

We should try to do this more in the first half.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The one thing we did better this week was clock management.

Only by default. The end of the 1st half was botched. And that late pass cost them 30 seconds and would have made the final dramatics unnecessary. And they couldn't even center the ball.

Reaction Score
Question. What was the deal with the referees today? First, I don't think they even announced any calls on the field. Second, there were several times, especially on that punt or the play the Huskies got in before the refs decided to reply the prior catch, that they all looked clueless on. Was there any explanation on TV?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Question. What was the deal with the referees today? First, I don't think they even announced any calls on the field. Second, there were several times, especially on that punt or the play the Huskies got in before the refs decided to reply the prior catch, that they all looked clueless on. Was there any explanation on TV?
It was an ACC crew so UVA can't claim home cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom