UVA Game thread. | Page 30 | The Boneyard

UVA Game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
That was bad. However, our defense showed up with three stall plays leading to the FG attempt. We need to sure up things on third down on the both sides of the ball. 2-1 is 2-1. Hoping to get to 3-1 next week. The crazy part is that if we beat Syracuse, a highly unlikely win against Houston could put us in the top 25.

Reaction Score
That was the worst football game I have ever witnessed, nobody should have won

Yep. 2-1 doesn't cure that embarrassment. Very low expectations for the Syracuse game next week.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Haven't we all been wanting an exciting brand of football? Ha Ha...

Consider this; as uninspiring as the football has been, we are a coaches' decision away from being 3-0. I want everyone to appreciate that. I'd rather be a mediocre team that wins than a pretty team that loses. Keep growing, Huskies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Consider this; as uninspiring as the football has been, we are a coaches' decision away from being 3-0. I want endings to appreciate that. I'd rather be a mediocre team that wins than a pretty team that loses. Keep growing, Huskies.

The Insanity of the Huskies nicely summarized.

Reaction Score
We just beat a horrendous team on what a was basically a missed pat and we are jumping around like we won the National Championship! SMH
I get it. But they WON. They come from behind and won. The crowd didn't storm the field (unless I missed it) like Kansas fans, but these kids worked hard all week to work for a win. As ugly as it was they achieved what they set out to do. Was it an easy win? No. Was it a proud win like against Houston last year? Certainly not. But a win is a win. It means one more win and one less loss. Think about what that means for the team.

Reaction Score
Diaco needs to go. We just made a horrible UVA team looked really good. We could have lost this game EASILY.
I would not say UConn made them look really good. They gave up 10 points. To UConn fans the past 6 years thats EXTREMELY unacceptable. Heck, if putting up 10 points a game makes a team "LOOK GOOD" UConn has been phenomenal the past 6 years.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It depends what you consider running the table.
Urban Dictionary: Term used often in college football to refer to a team winning all of it's games, usually in a conference.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
All things being equal, Mendenhall's decision to run his quarterback on 3rd and goal and get stopped with so little time on the clock was just as bad as Diaco's fiasco last week. And Mendenhall's decision, given his background and experience, might have been a bit worse. Seems sometimes we are better than we look and worse than we look all at the same time.

Reaction Score
Grateful for the W, but that is the most unsatisfying win I have ever experienced.
Have you already forgotten the win against Tulane both last year and the year before?

Reaction Score
It's a win
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members