Utah food traditions... | The Boneyard

Utah food traditions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Being a heathen, I foresee the addition of booze to my jello salad... Pastrami burgers and fries sound great... Funeral potatoes too.

Reaction Score
A little Mormon humor for the yard to pass the time until 8-29 - 2 weeks baby!

How is a non-Mormon wedding different than a Mormon wedding?

At a non-Mormon wedding, the bride is pregnant. At a Mormon wedding, the bride's mother is pregnant.

1. Jews do not recognize Jesus as Messiah, only as a Jewish
prophet.
2. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the
Christian faith, only the leader of the Catholic Church.
3. Nation of Islam does not recognize either Jesus or the Pope.
4. Mormons do not recognize each other at the liquor store or at
Hooters.

A anxious soon to be Mormon father spoke frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!" "Is this her first child?" the doctor asked.
"No, you idiot!" the man shouted. "This is her husband!"

A elderly Mormon asked his doctor if he thought he'd live to be a hundred. The doctor asked the man, "Do you smoke or drink?" "No," he replied, "I've never done either." "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, and fool around and marry many women?" inquired the doctor. "No, I've never done any of those things either." "Well then," said the doctor, "what do you want to live to be a hundred for?"

Reaction Score
Love me a Crown Burger.
DSCF0563.JPG

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Love me a Crown Burger.
DSCF0563.JPG

Looks like an In-N-Out with Pastrami on top. And there's nothing wrong with that.

It's really tough to f-up a burger by adding more meat or pork on top of it.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I grew up in a community with a pretty large Mormon community. Make funeral potatoes. You can thank me later.

Reaction Score
So last night the tailgate crew got together: The tailgate will incorporate the Pastrami cheeseburgers, the funeral potatoes, Jaegermiester Honey Liqueur, maybe spiked jello shots. My blackberry bushes are producing, so I may make something with blackberries in place of raspberries. The local supermarkets no longer carry UConn Dairy Bar ice cream, so I may have to twist my son's arm to load up a coolerfull direct from the source after he gets out of classes in Storrs & en route to the RENT.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So last night the tailgate crew got together: The tailgate will incorporate the Pastrami cheeseburgers, the funeral potatoes, Jaegermiester Honey Liqueur, maybe spiked jello shots.
We've got a very similar menu lined up for our crew too Coach... great minds!

Reaction Score
Cougar fan here. I love this thread. This is such a great idea for tailgating. Pastrami burgers and potatoes are amazing. You've got to make some fry sauce if you're going to make fries. Fry Sauce is a Utah thing for sure. It's ketchup and mayo mixed so it's super easy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Citysteam in Hartford has a pastrami burger on the menu.

I began a journey a couple months ago along the lines of Jeff Saturday (Not starve my way to 220 and end up on ESPN, but to lose a s__t ton of weight...who knows? I may end up on ESPN on Friday night regardless...). Along the way, my stomach got smaller and it takes less food to feel satiated. I say that because the pastrami burger at Citysteam gave me a stomach ache...not because it was bad. Absolutely not. Quite the contrary, but the thing is huge and I over-ate!!!! My eyes were bigger than my stomach to begin with. Now, they are huge in comparison.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cougar fan here. I love this thread. This is such a great idea for tailgating. Pastrami burgers and potatoes are amazing. You've got to make some fry sauce if you're going to make fries. Fry Sauce is a Utah thing for sure. It's ketchup and mayo mixed so it's super easy.

I will. But why do they call it Fry Sauce?

Reaction Score
I am not sure about my traditional Utah food but I do know that one wife will drive us all there, another wife will shop, one cook, one clean up and one drive us all home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom