Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
That should do it. 6 pt lead for OSU with 0:27 left

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
OSU D board, more FTs coming for Goodman. 12.8 sec left. Probably hit 1 and it's over.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
71-63. Tense game. OSU is good but they have a fairly thin margin for err. Next 4 @ Stanford, @ Cal, @ Oregon, home vs. Oregon. They'll probably be fortunate to go 2-2 over that stretch.

For now the 2 Oregon schools are #1 and #2 in the Pac 12 standings.

Reaction Score
Huh. Not watching worked wonders. Tied at 28 at halftime. Slocum had 4 last I saw, now she has 18 on 8-11 shooting. I think she's scored their last 16 points. The rest of the team has to wake up in the 2nd half don't they?
Slocum went on a tear after being cold in the first quarter. What was probable not noticed is what got her going. She scored four drives to the hoop, three of which were set up by some really good picks by Grymek. That got her going. Slocum really uses picks well. I think she might be the only beaver who does.

Reaction Score
With Washington on limited minutes (illness), SR tried the same small lineup as the Colorado game. Utah scouted that game well and shut down OSU's offense. Putting in Grymek gave Slocum a lot more room to work, and whenever either Washington or Grymek was in, Pivec had a lot more options, too. Utah killed OSU on the boards when Washington was out (11 second-chance points) - Maddie had 5 boards in the last 5 minutes, which made all the difference in the end.

OSU is also short Janessa Thropay, who was the starting 5 at the beginning of the season. I think that if Washington had played her usual 25-30 minutes, or Janessa had been available, it would have been a very different game. Credit Utah for taking advantage.

Reaction Score
Oregon State my actually move up 2 spots in the polls to number 7, as NC State and Stanford both had a loss.

Reaction Score
Was at the game. Utah is a fine team. Utah, like ASU, is going to wreak havoc in the PAC-12 Tournament, and NCAA Tournament. Very impressed with this Utah team. OSU showed me something today. When all wasn't going well, OSU didn't panic, and, got the game back to even by half. Destiny Slocum, only a sophomore (but a freshman in OSU's system) is getting better every game. Destiny is special. OSU played excellent team defense in the 4th quarter, and got stops. OSU's team maturity won this game. There was no panic, and, OSU players hit some big shots in Q4. These are the type of games that help you come March/April.

Reaction Score
I have been high on the Utah coach Lynne Roberts for some time. Before she hired at Utah she turned UOP around and won a few conference championships. They made a good choice hiring her. When you have a coach who does that to two different programs back to back you know they have talent.

This game was an example of the types of situations when Slocum taking over a game comes in handy. Grymek always attempts to set picks but Destiny very cleverly and effectively is adept at running her man right into them. Much like a good running back uses her blocking. This is an intangible that is not always noticeable. Slocum made four drives out of 5 of her first scores in the quarter and on three she got open off picks she cleverly utilized. .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thursday night @ Cal on a last second scoop shot.
That victory shocked me and at least the universe was put right with the wholloping Stanford delivered on Sat at home.
On the other hand, I am worried about your angst on these OSU games that you tune out, can I see if my therapist has any colleagues to suggest in the Northwest? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That victory shocked me and at least the universe was put right with the wholloping Stanford delivered on Sat at home.
On the other hand, I am worried about your angst on these OSU games that you tune out, can I see if my therapist has any colleagues to suggest in the Northwest? :rolleyes:
Yes, nwhoopfan has a lot of "angst" when it comes to Oregon State games. I use to also sweat some of these games, but I've watched every game courtside this year, and, this OSU team continues to improve. They have moments in games where it seems like they might lose it, but they have remained calm, and not panicked. That is a good sign. I see Slocum getting better every game (she is already amazing), but better in terms of how she is getting in synch with Scott Rueck's offense and defense. Slocum sat the last 3+ minutes of the UT game because she is still not there defensively. Aleah Goodman, who's parents I sat next to at the UT game, has turned into a cold blooded killer. Her leap from frosh to soph years has been amazing. Even with the loss of Kat Tudor (big loss both offensively and defensively) OSU remains a very potent offensive team, and getting much better defensively.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sorry y'all. I think I'm still suffering from a couple of men's hoops teams I root for coughing up "insurmountable" leads in NCAA Tourney games more than a decade ago. I'm just an angsty guy when it comes to watching sports. I've just learned it's often better for me to change the channel than lose my cool watching a game that is going the wrong way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom