UT - pet peeve... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UT - pet peeve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I suppose geography matters. You have to use the term that will be understood by the listener/reader.

And believe me, it is hard to make those from Oklahoma understand you...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
BU is Boston a University, of course; the home of the Terriers and my brother's alma mater.
Oddly enough, I agree with you. Never thought of Baylor as BU.

Interestingly, to me RU is Rutgers, think "RU Rah Rah, etc". So very odd when driving up the highway to see signs for RU that meant Radford!

Use both UofA and UA for Arizona although it seems that some are confused when the "of" is left out.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Oddly enough, I agree with you. Never thought of Baylor as BU.

Interestingly, to me RU is Rutgers, think "RU Rah Rah, etc". So very odd when driving up the highway to see signs for RU that meant Radford!

Use both UofA and UA for Arizona although it seems that some are confused when the "of" is left out.

When I think of the U of A I always think of Arizona because my brother is a professor there and I always think of Rutgers when I hear "RU" because I'm originally from New Jersey. Perspective.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, I'm walking around southern Michigan wearing my favorite UConn hoodie that has a big UC emblazoned on the front. Care to guess how many folks think I'm a Cincy supporter? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom