USMNT v Ghana at the Rent on 7/1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USMNT v Ghana at the Rent on 7/1

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just pulled into Gray Lot C and the parking guy is telling people that it sold out today, 28,000 tickets. Impressive.

Reaction Score
Rent looks good on TV...

... nice public tribute/moment of silence for Tony DiCicco as well.

Reaction Score

Game atmosphere was great. Play was actually pretty good.
Hopefully parking was not an indication of what we can expect for UCONN football this year. Very disorganized from police on the traffic lights outside to lack of direction inside. We were there an hour in advance of gametime and ended up walking a mile back to the stadium. Getting out was even worse. Can't dare to think how bad it might be if we ever get back to 40,000 for football.

Reaction Score
Hopefully parking was not an indication of what we can expect for UConn football this year. Very disorganized from police on the traffic lights outside to lack of direction inside. We were there an hour in advance of gametime and ended up walking a mile back to the stadium. Getting out was even worse. Can't dare to think how bad it might be if we ever get back to 40,000 for football.

Walking a mile from where??

It always amazes me when I hear about parking problems. Been going to Rent for a variety of events since the doors open and have never had any unexpected issues w/ traffic or parking. I must lead a blessed life.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Final whistle to highway was 10 minutes including walk from seats. Y'all doing it wrong.

Though I will say there were far fewer police and the walkers were running amok in the vehicle lanes on the way out.

Reaction Score
Final whistle to highway was 10 minutes including walk from seats. Y'all doing it wrong.

Though I will say there were far fewer police and the walkers were running amok in the vehicle lanes on the way out.

Was all the way out on the old airplane runway. Haven't been that far out since the Boston College game in the early years of the rent. Routed all the way around Pratt buildings and behind Cabellas.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had a great time. My first live international game, and other than that the best soccer I've ever seen live was UConn '84-'88. I thought this was pretty impressive and the atmosphere was great. There was a lotta Ghana in the house and it was good to see the game get chippy.

Brought my youngest daughter, an 11-year old player and fan, and she loved it. We were 11 rows off the field to the rear and side of the goal and it was a great perspective.

Parking was a bit uncoordinated; they seemed unprepared for so large a crowd, and I was stunned at the number of workers who had absolutely no clue where to direct us when we were trying to sprint to our car in Gray Lot C to make a speedy exit after the match. We left ten minutes early to beat the rush and wasted a few minutes ambling around until we found our bearings, but we were still rewarded with a speedy exit and no traffic when we left. I was pulling on to the Route 9 exit off 91 S when we heard the final call if that's any indication of how quick and easy it was for us. But we did jog it to the car because we felt the crowd would grow exponentially by the minute.

Hadn't been to the Rent in a while. Nice to see the Two Roads carts, which I made use of, and Bear's, which I noted for next visit. We hit Taino in Middletown on the way home instead.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This version of the national squad seemed to hold possession and pass more crisply in the middle third than the more experienced version. Very surprising.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This version of the national squad seemed to hold possession and pass more crisply in the middle third than the more experienced version. Very surprising.
I thought Dax was best player for us yesterday. He and Acosta worked well together. OTTH, the MLS Defender of the year was embarrassing and should be dropped from the squad.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I thought Dax was best player for us yesterday. He and Acosta worked well together. OTTH, the MLS Defender of the year was embarrassing and should be dropped from the squad.

I like the way that Dax plays and I think he should be on the WC qualifying roster. It will also be interesting to see what Arena does with Dwyer...

Reaction Score
Hopefully parking was not an indication of what we can expect for UConn football this year. Very disorganized from police on the traffic lights outside to lack of direction inside. We were there an hour in advance of gametime and ended up walking a mile back to the stadium. Getting out was even worse. Can't dare to think how bad it might be if we ever get back to 40,000 for football.

seriously....wtf happened over there? One of the best parts of the Rent was the ease in and out. got off Silver Lane exit at 4:15 and missed first five miniutes of game. Took 45 minutes to leave and we watched rom in front of the exits with five minutes left

otehrwiose great game and atmosphere. outside of a like 4 ghana on ghana fan arguments (often over the play of their own team), their fans were tremendous. very nice and fun. game had a lot more skill than i was expecting, usa has more depth than dopey klingsmann ever exposed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom