USMNT v Ghana at the Rent on 7/1 | The Boneyard

USMNT v Ghana at the Rent on 7/1

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Eh Gold Cup Roster, but still USNMT.

Reaction Score
Cool! Would tickets be sold by PAWSARF or on secondary market? Keep us posted BYers.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Anyone planning on standing in the AO section? Did that for the Landon send-off game, good times.

The American Outlaws

Reaction Score
IMG_1859.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Presale for this game is Thursday at 10:00am. PM me if you would like the code.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I was thinking of taking my "football" crazy son while we're home in the US this summer, but I looked at the ticket prices on the internet and they are over $100 a pop. Too much for a 7 year old who may or may not pay attention to the whole game. I'll take him here in Serbia for $5. Just have to figure out a match without hooligans.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pre-sale started today for Outlaws.

Reaction Score
Pre-sale started today for Outlaws.

Is the AO section opposite of the video board?

I think they were at that end during LD's last game.
Edit: video show, yes AO sit in student sections

Love soccer at the rent. Usually I just get cheapest ticket possible and red line it and deal with the yellows the whole time.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/11/02/20/17/141102-mnt-lds-final-game

We Went There: Landon Donovan’s USMNT Curtain Call

Love the quote in grantland article
"I can't remember that last time I saw this many people in the place"

Another great clip of the nearly full crowd
Landon Donovan's Final U.S. Game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The place was packed that game. I didn't see many open seats, even in the corners. I wonder what the attendance would have been if they counted all the employees like UConn does.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was thinking of taking my "football" crazy son while we're home in the US this summer, but I looked at the ticket prices on the internet and they are over $100 a pop.

Only for the club seats and lower chairbacks.

Reaction Score
Yeah,

The parking at the LD send off game was beyond atrocious. There was no signnage or anyone directing traffic. People missed a lot of the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They're only budgeting for 18k ???
Parking was horrible for past games due to not enough parking attendants/LAZ/not enough staff.
I think way more than 18k will show up at a 4:45 sat match

FWIW, I sent an note to the PAWS rep I exchanged emails with after that debacle. He assured me that the 18K number was just for planning purposes and that "We receive daily ticket reports, so we’re aware of how many tickets are distributed and we plan our operation around that number."

Fair enough, I just hope they allow for a decent walk-up. Especially, if it's a nice day.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm hoping to see Zardes and Morris to play the whole game as well as my man Joe Corona!

Reaction Score
If this is the 23 we are going in to group play with, then let's go young(er) at GK too and start Hamid. Will be curious to see what, if any, roster changes happen when the knockout rounds begin... or even before the group play begins. Would have liked to have seen CCV and EPB on the roster, even if to only come off the bench and get some run (and get CCV capped) but so be it.

Reaction Score
If this is the 23 we are going in to group play with, then let's go young(er) at GK too and start Hamid. Will be curious to see what, if any, roster changes happen when the knockout rounds begin... or even before the group play begins. Would have liked to have seen CCV and EPB on the roster, even if to only come off the bench and get some run (and get CCV capped) but so be it.

The problem with taking CCV and capping him in the Gold Cup is that you take him out of preseason for Spurs, and take away his chance to play with their regulars on the summer tour and, more importantly, take away his chance to move in front of Wimmer in the Spurs fullback rotation. And, in the long run, helping Carter Vickers get more playing time in the Premiership is also important. It's a tough call.

I really liked Palmer-Brown's play in the U-21s, but if he's still behind the fullbacks we took so be it.

Reaction Score
is it possible to get tickets walk-up on site? I see online there are still maybe a thousand or so tickets still available

Reaction Score
FWIW, I sent an note to the PAWS rep I exchanged emails with after that debacle. He assured me that the 18K number was just for planning purposes and that "We receive daily ticket reports, so we’re aware of how many tickets are distributed and we plan our operation around that number."

Fair enough, I just hope they allow for a decent walk-up. Especially, if it's a nice day.

23000 sold as of last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom