USMNT Rising | Page 6 | The Boneyard

USMNT Rising

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t they call Geoff Cameron back? They never should have moved away from him.

Reaction Score
Klinsmann wasn't as pro-Euro as Arena was pro-MLS --- see Miguel Ibarra as exhibit A. Klins, for all his faults pushed players to play in the best leagues for their ability and development, and questioned the cartel every step of the way. He fought the good fight. Bruce OTOH...

True, Klinsmann did lean towards European players, especially those with ties to his native Germany, though he did have some flexibility. His challenge is that he's a big picture guy who does not sweat the details and some of those details turned around and him and the USMNT in the behind. He also wanted in the word's of the risen Emperor Palpatine, 'Absolute Power.' While a shake-up was needed within USSF, that was a bridge too far. Tie that with his ability to also carry grudges to an extreme, and you have what happened.

Arena was a failure from the start of this second tour...

Reaction Score
True, Klinsmann did lean towards European players, especially those with ties to his native Germany, though he did have some flexibility. His challenge is that he's a big picture guy who does not sweat the details and some of those details turned around and him and the USMNT in the behind. He also wanted in the word's of the risen Emperor Palpatine, 'Absolute Power.' While a shake-up was needed within USSF, that was a bridge too far. Tie that with his ability to also carry grudges to an extreme, and you have what happened.

Arena was a failure from the start of this second tour...

He was a failure in 2006 too. He got lucky drawing Mexico in the knockout round in 2002 as well.

Reaction Score
Andrew Wooten to the Philadelphia Union. Ten bucks says he gets a call up now to the MLSUSMNT.

Reaction Score
nothing surprising here, unfortunately. Working with them through AO has always been a disaster. complete overhaul is needed, yet unlikely.

USSF is driving the new referee certification program that has just been launched. From what I have read so far, it about generating more money (surprise!) and less about improving standards and training from top to bottom. A couple of the oldtimers who run the regional program where I live have already decided it was time to retire.

Reaction Score
With this lineup I don’t regret not going to the game tonight. Woof.

Reaction Score
Preliminary roster for the upcoming friendlies with Mexico (at MetLife in Jersey) and Uruguay (at a baseball stadium in St. Louis in celebration of MLS owners collecting another expansion fee).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Preliminary roster for the upcoming friendlies with Mexico (at MetLife in Jersey) and Uruguay (at a baseball stadium in St. Louis in celebration of MLS owners collecting another expansion fee).

Some people will be happy, no Bradley or Altidore. But probably just because TFC has a couple of games during that time.

Reaction Score
Some people will be happy, no Bradley or Altidore. But probably just because TFC has a couple of games during that time.

They didn’t get called up because TFC is in a playoff battle. Yet another example of how MLS determines who gets called up. Too bad we don’t get to experience OwnGoal Gonzales.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They didn’t get called up because TFC is in a playoff battle. Yet another example of how MLS determines who gets called up. Too bad we don’t get to experience OwnGoal Gonzales.
You get something you've been whining and crying about for months and you still complain.

ma-the-meatloaf.jpg

Reaction Score
my XI for Friday's "friendly" vs. Mexico

Steffen
Dest Brooks Zimmerman Ream
Pomykal McKennie Roldan
Pulisic Boyd
Sargent

#DosACero

Reaction Score
I see that this bum never misses a chance to start Zardes and Trapp.
So so so annoying, starting Zardes is saying “CP and Boyd it’s only you 2 up top” pretty much. And what a surprise, Brooks is out with an injury, jeez this guy is made of glass.

Reaction Score
So so so annoying, starting Zardes is saying “CP and Boyd it’s only you 2 up top” pretty much. And what a surprise, Brooks is out with an injury, jeez this guy is made of glass.

Zardes will score two goals with his earlobes.

Reaction Score
Mckennie has been shocking, like literally cannot pass the ball for his life. Zardes might as well be sitting next to Berhalter. The press has killed us, we don’t have ball playing CB’s. Trapp as always does nothing. The midefield trio has been absolutely horrific. Bring in Pomykal and Lleget, and Bring on Sargent before Zardes gets his 1st touch of the game.

Reaction Score
Just watched the last 15 min of first half. Sounds like the US played better in first quarter, but from what I’ve seen they shouldn’t come out for the second half. I haven’t seen two consecutive completed accurate passes. Maybe we need Bradley after all. He’d string together a couple 5 yard back passes.

Reaction Score
Just watched the last 15 min of first half. Sounds like the US played better in first quarter, but from what I’ve seen they shouldn’t come out for the second half. I haven’t seen two consecutive completed accurate passes. Maybe we need Bradley after all. He’d string together a couple 5 yard back passes.
The stick Bradley gets isn’t undeserved, but the fact is he still picks out a pass better than any player we currently have. I mean at the very least he is light years ahead of Trapp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom