Lovitz - $86,000
Zimmerman - $235,000
Trapp - $500,000
Baird - $54,000
Mihailivic - $96,000
Roldan - $154,000
Lletget - $240,000
Lewis - $90,000

Baird is really the only one down at the minimum.

Players in real leagues makes as much as Baird does twice a month or more.

Reaction Score
They don't need the multi-week "camp" to grab cash. They just have to come together for a week and play two games, like all the other windows. Zoo's negativity at times is just silly.

The purpose of the camp has always been primarily to develop those younger players who are still playing in the states, and do look at long term "possibles" who won't get the call ups when our European based players are available. I'm sure it served it's purpose for the new coach. Barring a rash of injuries I'd be surprised if anyone beyond Steffen and maybe Zimmerman had a material role to play in the two March games when the Europeans are available.

Should have been a camp for the Olympic Team.

Spending a month “finding” two players is sadly inefficient.

Reaction Score
Also gave a chance for Berhalter to run a NT camp. Without it really meaning anything.

What’s the point of running a camp without it meaning anything?

We missed a World Cup. Believe it or not, there was VALUE to that. We could have gotten a head start, but instead we sat on our hands hiring milktoast Earnie Stewart. And then Earnie sat on his hands for months.

They could have run a U-23 camp and gotten ahead of the game with the Olympic Team and then it wouldn’t have been meaningless.

Instead they piss everyone off and then wonder why they only sold 10,000 tickets for two friendlies. And WTF are they doing playing in Glendale? LOL this Federation is run by a bunch of clowns.

Reaction Score

We missed a World Cup. Believe it or not, there was VALUE to that. We could have gotten a head start, but instead we sat on our hands hiring milktoast Earnie Stewart. And then Earnie sat on his hands for months.

They could have run a U-23 camp and gotten ahead of the game with the Olympic Team and then it wouldn’t have been meaningless.

Instead they piss everyone off and then wonder why they only sold 10,000 tickets for two friendlies. And WTF are they doing playing in Glendale? LOL this Federation is run by a bunch of clowns.

come onnnnnnnnnnnnn LOL

The point of January camp is to bring in a mix of domestic talent that either has not had an opportunity to train w the Nats / fringe players who need to make an impact moving forward. Jan camp gives these kids and our coaching staff a month to train and familiarize themselves with (this new) system. Playing Panama and Costa Rica is a nice step up from the previous cupcakes and let some of these kids taste concacaf competition. Training with Michael Bradley means something, whether you want to believe that or not.

There is value in all we do, if you look to find it, yet folks like yourself sit here and bash just about everything because you are still upset that we failed to qualify back in 2017. Move on, kid.

No one is curious as to why they only sold 10k tickets, its obvious, the USSF is still run by clowns as you said, there is no argument there. These games should be played at MLS stadiums. I attended a Jan camp vs Chile at Stubhub Center years back and it was a solid crowd (and great time).

There is an opportunity here to start fresh and get behind these young Nats. March friendlies are just around the corner and this summer is packed with the WWC and GC. We can live in the past or we can move on and get behind the next gen.

COYY

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well like I said give Berhalter a chance to run a NT camp. And like you said a money grab.

I agree, retrospectively we wasted a year. IF we had waited til after the WC to hire a coach, because we were waiting on a WC coach, that would make sense. But yes waiting a year to hire Berhalter was a waste. All of which has nothing to do with Camp Cupcake.

And who are you going to call in for this U23 camp? Pulisic, McKennie, Adams, Weah, Sargent, Novacovich, Rubin, Palmer-Brown, Carter-Vickers, Moore, Robinson.....none of these guys can get released for a Jan camp.

I really don't think they pissed everybody off. Didn't piss off Berhalter or his staff. Didn't piss off the players who were called in. Didn't piss off most of the people on this board. You seem the only person really pissed off about this Camp Cupcake, that been going on for years.

Reaction Score
come onnnnnnnnnnnnn LOL

The point of January camp is to bring in a mix of domestic talent that either has not had an opportunity to train w the Nats / fringe players who need to make an impact moving forward. Jan camp gives these kids and our coaching staff a month to train and familiarize themselves with (this new) system. Playing Panama and Costa Rica is a nice step up from the previous cupcakes and let some of these kids taste concacaf competition. Training with Michael Bradley means something, whether you want to believe that or not.

There is value in all we do, if you look to find it, yet folks like yourself sit here and bash just about everything because you are still upset that we failed to qualify back in 2017. Move on, kid.

No one is curious as to why they only sold 10k tickets, its obvious, the USSF is still run by clowns as you said, there is no argument there. These games should be played at MLS stadiums. I attended a Jan camp vs Chile at Stubhub Center years back and it was a solid crowd (and great time).

There is an opportunity here to start fresh and get behind these young Nats. March friendlies are just around the corner and this summer is packed with the WWC and GC. We can live in the past or we can move on and get behind the next gen.

COYY

Those fringe players don’t matter. It’s like the USMNT’s version of a jobs program. Most of the players in camp are horrible in fact.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Those fringe players don’t matter. It’s like the USMNT’s version of a jobs program. Most of the players in camp are horrible in fact.
Horrible? They're good enough to make a living at playing soccer. I'd love to be that horrible.

Reaction Score
I highly recommend Roger Bennett’s American Fiasco pod. Really good portrayal of the ‘98 World Cup Squad.

Reaction Score
I’m like 2/3ds of the way through it. Steve Sampson sounds like he was the worst USMNT manager of the modern era. The USSF was also even more idiotic than they are now.

Reaction Score
And... now that I think about it. I hope we get to the part where Lalas actually fires Sampson when he becomes his boss at LA Galaxy.

Lalas, aside from being incredibly annoying, holds the distinction of being the only person to fire both Steve Sampson and Bob Bradley.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I’m like 2/3ds of the way through it. Steve Sampson sounds like he was the worst USMNT manager of the modern era. The USSF was also even more idiotic than they are now.
He did come up with the 3-6-1.

I will give him his due though for taking the the heat for the Harkes/Wynalda fiasco for over 12 years by keeping his mouth shut.

Reaction Score
He did come up with the 3-6-1.

I will give him his due though for taking the the heat for the Harkes/Wynalda fiasco for over 12 years by keeping his mouth shut.

The Harkes/Wynalda thing was only like 1 out of 100 critical mistakes he made.

The whole team wanted Harkes there, including Wynalda. Apparently Sampson found out about the affair before Wynalda did.

On the flip side, the players were absolute entitled sh6theads and most of them admit it. The only guy who seemed to put his head down and go for it was Hejduk and he ended up a millionaire after the WC.

Sampson wasn’t really fit for the job and the players pretty much got the coach they deserved.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I highly recommend Roger Bennett’s American Fiasco pod. Really good portrayal of the ‘98 World Cup Squad.

bumping this for those who haven’t listened. I finally got through it the last week and its excellent

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Harkes/Wynalda thing was only like 1 out of 100 critical mistakes he made.

The whole team wanted Harkes there, including Wynalda. Apparently Sampson found out about the affair before Wynalda did.

On the flip side, the players were absolute entitled sh6theads and most of them admit it. The only guy who seemed to put his head down and go for it was Hejduk and he ended up a millionaire after the WC.

Sampson wasn’t really fit for the job and the players pretty much got the coach they deserved.

Obviously a lot of posturing in the interviews but I did believe Wynalda when he claimed to have known.

Reaction Score
Obviously a lot of posturing in the interviews but I did believe Wynalda when he claimed to have known.

It sounded almost like Sampson said he didn’t want to tell Wynalda. The whole thing was handled pretty terribly imo.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It sounded almost like Sampson said he didn’t want to tell Wynalda. The whole thing was handled pretty terribly imo.

My memory is that he said exactly that.

Reaction Score
‘Quick, sharp, intelligent:’ Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray praises Derby's Duane Holmes

Here is another European based player that isn’t getting a look because of our stupid biased federation.

I am at the point where I will actively root for the USMNT to fail.

Excellent point. Clearly, every American who plays in the English Championship would be a star for the USMNT if they weren't discriminated against by pro-MLS communists. Certainly Eric Lichaj did. And Danny Williams (before going to Barclays). Heck, you're right -- we should call Geoff Cameron back.

Reaction Score
Excellent point. Clearly, every American who plays in the English Championship would be a star for the USMNT if they weren't discriminated against by pro-MLS communists. Certainly Eric Lichaj did. And Danny Williams (before going to Barclays). Heck, you're right -- we should call Geoff Cameron back.

We should call Cameron back.

Every. Single. One of those players would be DPs or TAM guys in MLS so they would easily be good enough to be called up.

You literally expose your ignorance with every post on this.

Reaction Score

Every. Single. One of those players would be DPs or TAM guys in MLS so they would easily be good enough to be called up.

And there is a key underlying issue for the USMNT, poltics. Players should be picked because they are the best avilable and/or fit best with the team, regardless if they play in MLS, the Premiership, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Liga MX, etc. Too much of the MLS (Arena) versus Europe (klinsmann) BS.

Reaction Score
Klinsmann wasn't as pro-Euro as Arena was pro-MLS --- see Miguel Ibarra as exhibit A. Klins, for all his faults pushed players to play in the best leagues for their ability and development, and questioned the cartel every step of the way. He fought the good fight. Bruce OTOH...

Reaction Score

Eric Lichaj? Yeah, right. Hint for you -- California makes very good wines and Vermont makes some very good cheeses. Of course major European leagues are better than MLS. But that doesn't mean every American who plays in Europe will be an improvement for the USMNT. Do you really want me to list all the European based players who do not make us better? Because Lichaj is one, but neither does Tim Ream, or Alfredo Morales, or Terrence Boyd, or Brad Horvath. Or Kitchen who went from DC to Scotland. The list goes on.

Frankly, I would love Cameron to be back in the pool. I thought he was among those you hated for having failed to qualify. And for being MLS trained.

Reaction Score
Eric Lichaj? Yeah, right. Hint for you -- California makes very good wines and Vermont makes some very good cheeses. Of course major European leagues are better than MLS. But that doesn't mean every American who plays in Europe will be an improvement for the USMNT. Do you really want me to list all the European based players who do not make us better? Because Lichaj is one, but neither does Tim Ream, or Alfredo Morales, or Terrence Boyd, or Brad Horvath. Or Kitchen who went from DC to Scotland. The list goes on.

Frankly, I would love Cameron to be back in the pool. I thought he was among those you hated for having failed to qualify. And for being MLS trained.

No ding dong. Your hero Bruce Arena benched Cameron, we might have actually qualified had Arena not started idiots like Omar Gonzales.

Duane Holmes hasn’t even been looked at. So you can’t dismiss him yet. And probably won’t get looked at until after the Gold Cup.

Reaction Score
Klinsmann wasn't as pro-Euro as Arena was pro-MLS --- see Miguel Ibarra as exhibit A. Klins, for all his faults pushed players to play in the best leagues for their ability and development, and questioned the cartel every step of the way. He fought the good fight. Bruce OTOH...

Don’t try to reason with these people. They sucked down every iota of Garber’s fiction regarding JK.

Jurgen spoke truth to power and paid for it.

Bruce was a self confirming feedback loop that failed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom