USMNT Falling | Page 15 | The Boneyard

USMNT Falling

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Glad to see guys with potential futures in Europe. If they get to play then a few 2026 roster hopefully got their start. The MLS guys are still mostly bench filler, and we are not strong at keeper( having nothing to do with this game).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Antonee Robinson just played a big part in Fulham's result against Liverpool. He impressed the entire game, particularly during a run where Salah had him lined up and isolated but Robinson stopped him cold. It's great how these young guys in Europe are taking the decision process out of the evil MLS' hands.

Reaction Score
Antonee Robinson just played a big part in Fulham's result against Liverpool. He impressed the entire game, particularly during a run where Salah had him lined up and isolated but Robinson stopped him cold. It's great how these young guys in Europe are taking the decision process out of the evil MLS' hands.

I watched the game. Fulham deserved the W. The ref should have had the sense to review his calls and be consistent by not calling a PK, just as he did on Fabinho's tackle. I'm not even sure the ball on the free kick even touched the Fulham player's arm.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You don’t think Steffen is good?

Haven't seen anyone who looks the part yet. Probably doesn't help that we haven't played (won) a serious game in 3 years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The ref should have had the sense to review his calls and be consistent by not calling a PK, just as he did on Fabinho's tackle. I'm not even sure the ball on the free kick even touched the Fulham player's arm.
Fabinho had the ball first and the Fulham guy raised his arms. Neither were particularly controversial unless you hate Liverpool.

Reaction Score
Fabinho had the ball first and the Fulham guy raised his arms. Neither were particularly controversial unless you hate Liverpool.

Uh-huh. That's why clear video evidence showed he didn't touch the ball, and raising your arms isn't illegal. The ball has to touch.

Let me ask you this: did you watch the game? Is anything I said inconsistent with what the game announcers said? Or the studio hosts? Or all we all Liverpool haters (BTW, I'm not a Liverpool hater at all. Not at all).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The studio guy called it handball, so what? You brought up the Fabinho red herring as a false equivalent.

Reaction Score
The studio guy called it handball, so what? You brought up the Fabinho red herring as a false equivalent.

No idea what you're trying to communicate here.

red herring? false equivalent? What?

I wrote that Fabinho didn't touch the ball. The announcers all said that. So did the studio hosts. Everyone thinks that except you. Fabinho himself probably disagrees with you.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wrote that Fabinho didn't touch the ball. The announcers all said that. So did the studio hosts. Everyone thinks that except you. Fabinho himself probably disagrees with you.
The ref who didn't give the foul after reviewing it agreed with me. They showed a slo-mo replay at the half. Studio host Tim Howard took us through it saying "[Fabinho] gets the ball just at the vital moment, gives away a corner. No penalty." The replay clearly shows he gets the ball. Yet you write the drivel above. The ref made two correct calls and you think both should have been called differently. I guess everyday is opposite day for you.

Reaction Score
The ref who didn't give the foul after reviewing it agreed with me. They showed a slo-mo replay at the half. Studio host Tim Howard took us through it saying "[Fabinho] gets the ball just at the vital moment, gives away a corner. No penalty." The replay clearly shows he gets the ball. Yet you write the drivel above. The ref made two correct calls and you think both should have been called differently. I guess everyday is opposite day for you.

Bizarre.

You're saying the ref agreed with you. Holy cow. I'm criticizing the ref. To call your comment obtuse would be generous.

The replay clearly showed he DID NOT get the ball and the announcers all agreed he did not get the ball. In the studio, the other hosts actually disagreed with Howard. It was 5-1 disagreeing with him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bizarre.

You're saying the ref agreed with you. Holy cow. I'm criticizing the ref. To call your comment obtuse would be generous.
Not bizarre. You are trying to say the ref should have let the handball go because he let the foul go. But there was no foul! Both calls were made correctly and you think he should have decided to call them both incorrectly. Because Liverpool? Don't worry, Liverpool hasn't been winning VAR all season and they didn't here.

Reaction Score
Not bizarre. You are trying to say the ref should have let the handball go because he let the foul go. But there was no foul! Both calls were made correctly and you think he should have decided to call them both incorrectly. Because Liverpool? Don't worry, Liverpool hasn't been winning VAR all season and they didn't here.

You missed what I said entirely.

I like Liverpool, by the way.

I said the ref should be consistent. He awarded a penalty in one case on a clearly iffy call, since you can't even see the ball hit the guy's arm (on the right side of the wall). It definitely hit the guy on the left in the arm, but that arm was across the chest.

All i said is he should just be consistent in not giving penalties since that's what he did on the first one (and the majority of the experts watching agreed that Fabinho did not get the ball). The announcers were fairly shocked at the refs decision, and all afternoon everyone called it a "controversy." You're trying to make it seem as though I'm the one making this a controversy when it has been roundly recognized by anyone. Which is why I called what you said bizarre.

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch Pulisic yesterday? He looks really good, but damn he gets fouled so much. Every time he comes to play for the USMNT he’s going to be really banged up.

Reaction Score
Juventus - Atalanta is super entertaining. Ronaldo just got stoned by the Atalanta goalie on a PK. Same goalie had saved one with his face minutes earlier. Another beautiful save on de Ligt now. Gasperini thought that Ronaldo's PK was so preposterous that he began to openly mock the ref with laughter when his goalie made the save. If Gasperini were Johnny Most, you'd be hearing a derisive "La giustizia prevale!" sounding through the stadium. He got a yellow card for that.

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch Pulisic yesterday? He looks really good, but damn he gets fouled so much. Every time he comes to play for the USMNT he’s going to be really banged up

The cavalry is coming. WCQs pulisic will be the leader but plenty of others now to focus on. Gotta figure Reyna, mckennie with Dest bombing up the sidelines will take some attention off CP

Reaction Score
The cavalry is coming. WCQs pulisic will be the leader but plenty of others now to focus on. Gotta figure Reyna, mckennie with Dest bombing up the sidelines will take some attention off CP

Just wait until Gregggggg starts Pulisic at Right Back.

Reaction Score
Reyna looks to be every bit as good as Pulisic and perhaps better. These kids are are seem to be popping up all over the place.

Reaction Score
Inverted RB/CM
G3 is in so far over his head

We have the spine of the squad set for 10 years with health and natural progression. And MLS is gonna somehow F it all up

Reaction Score
Pulisic has been a bit sloppy going at players or making a connecting pass at the end of his dribbles

Reaction Score
Pulisic has been a bit sloppy going at players or making a connecting pass at the end of his dribbles
I think a lot of the problem is Werner. He’s been really bad, and doesn’t offer the link up play Giroud does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom