USMNT Falling | Page 14 | The Boneyard

USMNT Falling

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Berhalter names team for Friendly with El Salvador (12/9/20) (didn't even know they were playing this game??)

Pretty much MLS team. Good news, no Bradley, Altidore, Zardes.

GK - Bill Hamid, CJ Dos Santos, David Ochoa

DF - Aaron Long, Walker Zimmerman, Mark McKenzie, Sam Vines, Julan Araujo, Kyle Duncan, Marco Farfan, Mauricio Pineda

MF - Kellyn Acosta, Sebastian Lletget, Brendon Aaronson, Frankie Amaya, Cole Bassett

FW - Paul Arriola, Djordie Mihailovic, Aya Akinola, Efrain Alverez, Daryl Dike, Chris Mueller

Lot's of youngin's. 12 Un-capped.

Reaction Score
Berhalter names team for Friendly with El Salvador (12/9/20) (didn't even know they were playing this game??)

DF - Aaron Long, Walker Zimmerman, Mark McKenzie, Sam Vines, Julan Araujo, Kyle Duncan, Marco Farfan, Mauricio Pineda

MF - Kellyn Acosta, Sebastian Lletget, Brendon Aaronson, Frankie Amaya, Cole Bassett

FW - Paul Arriola, Djordie Mihailovic, Aya Akinola, Efrain Alverez, Daryl Dike, Chris Mueller

US Soccer stated they hope to get in 1 more friendly in before the end of the year and that it would be in the US and focus on MLS players. I am glad to see some more new faces, though I am not sure if its a commitment to build for the future or the fact that the MLS season is just winding down now and hence toe need to give the vets a break, or a combination of both.

Reaction Score
Most of the European guys are back with their clubs. The MLS is pretty much wrapped by then, so it makes sense. Like it or not, the USMNT has to be sensitive to the needs of soccer clubs in the USA.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Frankie Amaya out - Covid positive test

Replaced by Andres Perea

Reaction Score
Frankie Amaya out - Covid positive test

Replaced by Andres Perea
They didn't cancel the game and quarantine the entire team for two weeks? What? Actually, this all seems quite reasonable.

His positive test came during U.S. Soccer’s camp arrival testing procedures. All of his pre-arrival tests were negative.......No other members of the delegation have tested positive at this time. As per protocol, he was not in contact with any other players or staff following his arrival, so there is minimal risk of additional exposure.

Looking forward to the game. Wednesday night versus El Salvador at 7:30.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They've added in Sebation Soto also. Not replacing anyone, just added.

Reaction Score
1-2 with Cuadrado and a flying scissor-like kick. Wow.
mckennie 1, Messi 0

Reaction Score
Gotta say, Weston has done absolutely great leveling up this year. The expectations at Juve are completely different than Shalke, and he has shown really well. Dest has done well at Barca too. This is all really, really good.

Reaction Score
Weston has picked up some more footskill. In the last USMNT game he was spinning on the ball, stepping over it, etc. much different style than what he’s used to at Schalke. And by all accounts Juve wants to sign him

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I read through the article and generally agree with respect to the historical context and am hopeful for 2022 and 2026 like most.

Then I watch this video again (and again) and want to punch a whole through my screen...

Funny thing is that the players who made a name on that team, or in that game, got Euro contracts based off their play. I mean, Frankie Hejduk, come on!!!??!?! Some others. McBride was legit but some of the others had no business there. Another who was totally legit is O'Brien. I'd argue that a lot of the problems for the US have come from not having field generals like O'Brien and Reyna. Bradley was supposed to be that, especially since he had real success as a young player at Rome, but it just never happened for him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
McKennie, Pulisic and Reyna all scored on the same day. The future is now.
These guys are excelling on the biggest stage and it makes me wonder what they think when they come to USA camp and getting told what to do by a ham-and-egger.

Reaction Score
These guys are excelling on the biggest stage and it makes me wonder what they think when they come to USA camp and getting told what to do by a ham-and-egger.

I doubt that how they feel is affected by how well Berhalter played 15 years ago. Many of the top coaches in Europe also weren't stars. Fwiw, Berhalter did play 14 years in Europe, including a spell in the Bundesliga. Also made two U.S. World Cup rosters. Certainly was not a star but he does have an enormous amount of diverse playing experience.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I doubt that how they feel is affected by how well Berhalter played 15 years ago...
I'm saying he's a ham-and-egger as a coach. It's sad how over his head he is.

Reaction Score
GGG trying to force a system upon a group of top 6 league contributors. It's laughable

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Well, I'm struggling to recall a less organized side than this El Salvador squad.

You could probably get 11 random guys from an LA park on any given Saturday to put up a better performance.

It's hard to enjoy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well, I'm struggling to recall a less organized side than this El Salvador squad...It's hard to enjoy.
USMNT brass knew they were getting a team that hadn't seen each other in 11 months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom