USF's Taggart to Oregon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF's Taggart to Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well it isn't like he had 8 games against Diaco. Rhule Herman The guy at Navy whose name I wouldn't even try to spell, are all pretty fair. Same with Fisher.

Reaction Score
Poor TJ...another coach moving on and he is looking for a job again. I previously didnt think there was a chance he would come back here...but....now that things have changed at USF, it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility that he could come back to UConn.
Why wouldn't USF remove the interim tag from Weist once their season is concluded. They Know that UCONN will be after him once the Debacle is jettisoned on 1/1/17. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!! We can only Hope.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I honestly thought during his first year that he was a bad hire. They looked like such a mess.

Wonder who's next.

I hop e he succeeds, but my gut tells me this is a bad move. He will get paid, but their expectations are REALLY high for a program that has money and almost no other advantages. With the resurgence of Washington, it is going to be even harder to compete for NCs up there, and that is the standard their fans and backers want to have. Winning 8/9 a year won't cut it.

Reaction Score
I'm in meetings out in Portland OR today and tomorrow and the vibe is that Willie T needs to clean house of all Assts esp the DC.
Its interesting how UWash is bashed and envied right now. They were perceived as their patsy (Oregon beat them the last12 times in a row until this year.) They wanted my AAC oriented opinion on Mr. Taggert. My advice, if they get an athletic QB, Phil Knight will solve all their other problems.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is it a good look or bad look for the conference that top schools have nabbed 3 coaches the last week or so? Obviously it's ideal to keep them around but having a reputation as a breeding ground for top coaches has to be good for perception.

Reaction Score
Is it a good look or bad look for the conference that top schools have nabbed 3 coaches the last week or so? Obviously it's ideal to keep them around but having a reputation as a breeding ground for top coaches has to be good for perception.
It's a 2 edged sword. It's nice that the conference is thought well enough of that the power schools come calling. The down side is it won't be surprising if these schools see a drop off next year. Then you have an unwanted perception issue as well as running the risk of missing the New Years 6 bowls 2 years in a row. A new conference deal can't come soon enough.

Reaction Score
I think UConn can attract a good coach when the time comes. Think about this. Two of the hottest assistant coaches in college football were once at UConn: Todd Orlando and Joe Moorhead. UConn's last 2 head coach searches were poorly done, but hopefully, the 3rd time is the charm.

As for the 3 coaches you mentioned:

Kiffin: Tons of baggage, but maybe he has matured. Doubtful USF takes the risk. UConn would never take the risk.

Strong: Natural fit due to Florida connections, but failed miserably at Texas which is a red flag. Had 2 good seasons at Louisville with Bridgewater as QB. Will be 57 before next season, so he is on his last or second to last job. UConn would be interested and his style of play would work.

Schiano: Ties to Florida and was Tampa Bay's coach. Failed miserably at TB. In 11 seasons had 4 winning seasons in Big East play and was 28-48 in conference. His first 4 years at Rutgers were 2-9, 1-11, 5-7, 4-7, and he was 3-24 in conference. Hopefully, UConn would have no interest.

are you really trying to downplay these three coaches??????? as opposed to what we have now???? wow. like any of these coaches would ever CONSIDER coming to this school? it wouldn't even cross their mind. ever.

Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB
BREAKING #CU defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt is going to #Oregon as the Ducks new DC gets a 4-year deal, source tells@FOXSports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom