USF's Laksa lost for the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF's Laksa lost for the season

Reaction Score
Could she get a medical hardship waiver and, assuming she graduates after the season, transfer to another school as a no-wait grad transfer?

She’s already 22, so if professional basketball (more likely overseas) is her primary goal, maybe she’ll vouch not to return.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Feeling bad for her. But sometimes when a door closes, another opens.

Reaction Score
WTF?
You of all people, coming from the bible belt, should know that god controls all. Maybe she did something that made him mad. No one should question what god does, especially by cursing.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Could she get a medical hardship waiver and, assuming she graduates after the season, transfer to another school as a no-wait grad transfer?

For sure. I have little doubt that some programs will find a way to make their interest known to her...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
You of all people, coming from the bible belt, should know that god controls all. Maybe she did something that made him mad. No one should question what god does, especially by cursing.
I do not question what 'god' does, because I do not believe your 'god' exists. And you will not ever tell me what to believe! What kind of screwed up 'god' would punish a kid by hurting them? What kind of 'god' would get mad? What happened to your ability to reason? Keep your divine retribution for yourself, and do not wish it upon some poor kid playing basketball. :eek:

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1542477956605.png

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Laksa has three options:
Red shirt medical
5th year transfer - provided she completes her degree
Turn pro - either here or in Europe.

Don't expect ot hear anything until probably March at the earliest.

Reaction Score
The problem is that she won't be OK. She won't completely recover. This is a devastating injury that leads to early arthritis and multiple knee replacements.

As much as I enjoy the women's game, this injury is a nightmare, and it is so horrible seeing such a young person suffer such a terrible injury. Heartbreaking.

Reaction Score
I hate to see this happen to anyone. Laksa has always played extremely
well against the Huskies. Big loss.

Reaction Score
Serious injury & predictor of more knee problems to come. if a pro-career is her goal, probably makes sense to cash-in earlier than wait another year.

Reaction Score
My heart goes out to anyone with this, so it's really horrible for her. The only possible optimistic way of looking at it for SFU is that they are going to have to learn how to score without her.This just accelerates the timetable. They have, IMHO, been too reliant on her (and in the last two years, Jesperson as well).

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
My heart goes out to anyone with this, so it's really horrible for her. The only possible optimistic way of looking at it for SFU is that they are going to have to learn how to score without her.This just accelerates the timetable. They have, IMHO, been too reliant on her (and in the last two years, Jesperson as well).

I agree. Will give a synopsis of USF minus Laksa after the Oklahoma game tomorrow.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I also hate it for Laksa. However, it seems she has been at USF for 8 years.
She got a lot of PT as a freshman. In fact, she was the AAC Freshman of the Year, beating out future All-American Katie Lou Samuelson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom