USF wins over Stanford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF wins over Stanford

Reaction Score
as far as I know all he did was run an extra practice before the season started ..........hardly a capital offense
It's not every day the NCAA hits a coach with a show-cause penalty especially in women's basketball, and I can't recall any coaches that got one just because they held an extra practice, including Geno.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's not every day the NCAA hits a coach with a show-cause penalty especially in women's basketball, and I can't recall any coaches that got one just because they held an extra practice, including Geno.
Maybe there is a limit of 10 International Players getting Scholarships? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As far as I can see, the responsibility Liv is given to pass out of the post and create for others is much more than Brink is asked to give. Pretty nice if your main responsibility is to crash the boards (fouls be damned), run like a gazelle in transition and block shots.
Have you thought that what each is asked to do is based on their skill set? I can see others doing the passing, I don’t see anyone being asked to do what Brink as a traditional post does. I am not saying necessarily who is the better player, just which is the better option. I would go with Brink’s style every time.

Reaction Score
I would like to say the same but until proven otherwise, it is South Carolina and everyone else.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Just goes to show you, that you can throw out the record books when the Univ. of San Francisco and Stanford meet up.... a backyard brawl.
I woulda liked Stanford's chances against the other USF. Cal beat the Dons by around 30 this year.

Reaction Score
I will be very interested to see the Stanford and Oregon matchup if or when Oregon gets healthy. Would not be surprised if Oregon take the Pac 12 due to the backcourt situation.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, now you've gone beyond what I said. Never even slightly insinuated KW was nothing but a role player. But a lot of reactions on this board acted like she was some kind of incredible player who couldn't be replaced. Somewhere inbetween lies the truth.

I also went thru all of their box scores and found a whole bunch of games they won against good teams (including semi finals and Championship game) where KW was not productive. She was about as up and down last year as Jones was.

Reaction Score
Let's be clear about something. Liv, God bless her, isn't close to the rebounder or shot blocker Brink is.

BTW, Brink has 7 assists the last two games.
Yes Brink is better than Liv.You have to play with the cards you were dealt.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah...barely. 10 games, 3.5 mpg, less than 1 ppg average and was cut before the end of the season. Didn't prove to be WNBA material, at least not so far.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
90 Rebounds!! "You can't be serious?" (in my john McEnroe voice). Sounds like it was a volleyball game.

Reaction Score
This year, I am in favor of Stanford losing seven games, and their last loss at the Final Four (or before) AND not beating UCONN along the way. That way Geno & CD can catch Tara at the Final Four, and pass her in the National Championship game for the lead in games won for a career in games that have meaning.

Although I appreciate your sentiment, I am not hoping they lose every game, only those that have meaning (against ranked opponents, the Pac 12 championships, and BEFORE the NC game)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom