USF wins over Stanford | The Boneyard

USF wins over Stanford

Reaction Score
Strange playing time for some on Stanford. Where was Prechtel, Wilson and Belibi ? Very little pt for those 3.

Reaction Score
Maybe our relatively close win doesn’t look quite as bad now?

Reaction Score
What a game. Made that Flohoops subscription look good. The last 30 seconds showed clutch performances from three by both squads. But why did key Stanford players not get in the game? Injuries? And for those who say a frail looking frame keeps a big from dominating, ONO looks like a weight lifting champion next to Brink.

Reaction Score
What a game. Made that Flohoops subscription look good. The last 30 seconds showed clutch performances from three by both squads. But why did key Stanford players not get in the game? Injuries? And for those who say a frail looking frame keeps a big from dominating, ONO looks like a weight lifting champion next to Brink.
Yeah, agree; Brink is so much more aggressive in the post despite being probably 20 pounds lighter than ONO. I love Liv but she could learn a few things from Brink’s game

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yeah, agree; Brink is so much more aggressive in the post despite being probably 20 pounds lighter than ONO. I love Liv but she could learn a few things from Brink’s game
As far as I can see, the responsibility Liv is given to pass out of the post and create for others is much more than Brink is asked to give. Pretty nice if your main responsibility is to crash the boards (fouls be damned), run like a gazelle in transition and block shots.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As far as I can see, the responsibility Liv is given to pass out of the post and create for others is much more than Brink is asked to give. Pretty nice if your main responsibility is to crash the boards (fouls be damned), run like a gazelle in transition and block shots.

Let's be clear about something. Liv, God bless her, isn't close to the rebounder or shot blocker Brink is.

BTW, Brink has 7 assists the last two games.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
USF wins 57-54 ! 3- pointer by Syndi Harvey with 5 sec. left.
Congratulations to Jose Fernandez, his coaches and his squad. That's two losses for Stanford (4-2) in the first two weeks of the season. In an earlier thread, other posters wanted to include Stanford as an almost "lock" for the final four. I commented that I'd hold off on anointing Stanford just yet. I agreed to projecting UConn and South Carolina as FF participants, but no one else at this time. I felt that it was way too early to put Stanford in the FF at that time. THAT opinion has not changed. UConn's 7 point win over USF looks even more impressive now.

#7 Stanford lost to #18 (non P5) USF in the Baha Mar Hoops Classic Tournament. [Box score] So far, it looks like I read those tea leaves correctly. ;)

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) (Nov. 26, 2021) — Sydni Harvey's 3-pointer from the wing with 2.8 seconds left sent No. 18 South Florida to a 57-54 win over seventh-ranked Stanford in the Baha Mar Hoops Pink Flamingo Championship tournament on Friday.

Led by Harvey's 15 points, South Florida posted its second victory over a top-10 opponent (#9 Oregon 71-62) this week and only the third overall for the program. Bethy Mununga matched a career high with 23 rebounds, to go along with six points. (Remainder of article)

Another upset is about to unfold. Unranked Kent St is about to knock off #19 UCLA with 1 minute left. :eek:

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That was probably me. So was Kiana Williams the best player in the country last year? I don't even think she was Stanford's best player, that was Jones. To me their struggles this year go beyond losing Williams. Still a ton of talent there, they should be better than this. Team has absolutely sucked shooting FTs, that's inexcusable, and that has nothing to do with Kiana.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Jose Fernandez, his coaches and his squad. That's two losses for Stanford in the first two weeks of the season. In an earlier thread, other posters wanted to include Stanford as an almost "lock" for the final four. I commented that I'd hold off on anointing Stanford just yet. I agreed to projecting UConn and South Carolina as FF participants, but no one else at this time. I felt that it was way too early to put Stanford in the FF at that time. THAT opinion has not changed.

#7 Stanford lost to #18 (non P5) USF in the Baha Mar Hoops Classic Tournament. [Box score] So far, it looks like I read those tea leaves correctly. ;)

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) (Nov. 26, 2021) — Sydni Harvey's 3-pointer from the wing with 2.8 seconds left sent No. 18 South Florida to a 57-54 win over seventh-ranked Stanford in the Baha Mar Hoops Pink Flamingo Championship tournament on Friday.

Led by Harvey's 15 points, South Florida posted its second victory over a top-10 opponent this week and only the third overall for the program. Bethy Mununga matched a career high with 23 rebounds, to go along with six points. (Remainder of article)
Carnac.........as long as they stay healthy, I predict Stanford will be in the final four regardless of their poor play early on..............way too much talent and a pretty decent coach too..........:rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac.........as long as they stay healthy, I predict Stanford will be in the final four regardless of their poor play early on..............way too much talent and a pretty decent coach too..........:rolleyes:
Your comments are noted Charlie, we'll see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom