USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that two of our new players are also injured:

USF women's hoops: 4 pressing questions

1. At this stage, is it easier to list the players who aren't injured?

Almost. Fernandez, no stranger to short-handed lineups, likely won't have veteran G/F Laura Ferreira (plantar fascia) or 5-foot-9 Denmark under-18 national teamer Enna Pehadzic (torn ACL) this season.

Ferreira started 27 games last season, and Pehadzic figured to be part of an eight- or nine-player rotation. Another newcomer, juco All-American PG Nachalie De Jesus, is recovering from recent knee surgery but could return later this month.

With the graduation of PG Shalethia Stringfield (9.6 ppg, 3.7 assists), De Jesus is badly needed to provide depth, and potentially challenge for the starting job.

Read more at:

USF women's hoops: 4 pressing questions

Pehadzic suffered an ACL injury a couple of years ago and was able to recover from that without missing a beat. I don't know if the current injury is a recurrence to the same leg or the other. Of all the new players she reminded me the most of Courtney Williams because of her athleticism and ability to create shots. She will be missed.

JUCO PG Nachalie De Jesus is a 50% 3 point shooter and was expected to add double digit points per game.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
  1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 13m13 minutes agoTampa, FL
    FINAL | USF downs North Florida 78-42 in front of home crowd for season opener. Bulls begin the year 1-0. #BullsUnite

CxWbzDOW8AQVGdu.jpg

2. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 23m23 minutes ago
  3. Sharing is caring! #BullsUnite

CxWZkRcXcAATpF5.jpg
Injured Laura Ferreria played in the 2nd half. She didn't seem to be in any pain.

Enna P was on crutches. This ACL injury is on her other foot and not related to her first such injury a couple of years ago.

Looks like one of the '17 players L. Monk will not sign in the early period. She needs to get her academics in order.

I learned that we expect to add a very good post transfer in December.

Of the new players, the one who stood out the most to me in the first game was Tamara Henshaw.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 1h1 hour agoFlorida, USA
4Q | Tamara Henshaw exits the game but has 9 points (4-for-4) and 7 rebounds in just 13 minutes of action.

Reaction Score
  1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 13m13 minutes agoTampa, FL
    FINAL | USF downs North Florida 78-42 in front of home crowd for season opener. Bulls begin the year 1-0. #BullsUnite

CxWbzDOW8AQVGdu.jpg

2. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 23m23 minutes ago
  3. Sharing is caring! #BullsUnite

CxWZkRcXcAATpF5.jpg
Injured Laura Ferreria played in the 2nd half. She didn't seem to be in any pain.

Enna P was on crutches. This ACL injury is on her other foot and not related to her first such injury a couple of years ago.

Looks like one of the '17 players L. Monk will not sign in the early period. She needs to get her academics in order.

I learned that we expect to add a very good post transfer in December.

Of the new players, the one who stood out the most to me in the first game was Tamara Henshaw.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 1h1 hour agoFlorida, USA
4Q | Tamara Henshaw exits the game but has 9 points (4-for-4) and 7 rebounds in just 13 minutes of action.
Congrats on your win. Undefeated!!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Great start to the season - go Bulls!

Thanks.

Hope you guys beat BAYLOR tonight. We played them in the preseason last year and lost by a few. At least you get them at home and that should be beneficial.

We both are in a rebuilding year, so I expect a few lumps along the way. But, I'm sure that by the time March comes around, both our teams will be much better.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Nice win to pull away from Baylor.

Crystal looked like she is coming into her own.

Looking forward to her playing against Jazz Bond.

I was surprised to see Jazz jacking up threes. She did make one. LOL

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
We won our second game against Jacksonville 64-52. They are an experienced team who went to the dance last year as champion of their conference. We are still feeling our way around without Courtney. This time, Pujol was the leading scorer.

1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 41m41 minutes agoFlorida, USA
    FINAL | USF downs Jacksonville 64-52. The Bulls improve to 2-0 and will travel to the Bahamas for the @JunkanooJam tomorrow. #BullsUnite

Cx1MhRIXgAAJVM9.jpg

2. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 55m55 minutes agoFlorida, USA
    4Q | A new career high for Ariadna Pujol! 21 points, still 3:30 to play. USF leads 57-45.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for keeping us updated. But you might want to start a new thread and let this one die down - people who might be interested may get put off by 15 pages dating back 12+ months.
Hope you guys can put together a solid OOC record. Jose does a good job beating the bushes for recruits, but it is still going to be hard dealing without your star graduate - she was dynamic and we are happy she is now calling CT home as a pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom