Shoot around selfies with @SwinCash #GameDay #United

C103ugoW8AE1ov_.jpg
Swin that should of been a selfie with Lou not the enemy

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Hoping for a competitive game tonight.

Adam ReisingerESPN.com
Both teams are getting stretched out as fans make their way into the building for No. 20 South Florida vs. No. 1 Connecticut in Hartford.

6dd0a24f-93ae-43ce-94bf-9cb6fc62e9af.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
whoops!
Sorry for the massacre! Awesome for us Uconn fans, but I am sure painful for you Bulls fans. That is what you call a buzz saw. and your team just walked into one!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One silver lining for USF in the aftermath of the landslide is that their RPI jumped up 8 spots, from #28 to #20, just by virtue of having played UConn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One silver lining for USF in the aftermath of the landslide is that their RPI jumped up 8 spots, from #28 to #20, just by virtue of having played UConn.

Their ranking should plummet

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
whoops!
Sorry for the massacre! Awesome for us Uconn fans, but I am sure painful for you Bulls fans. That is what you call a buzz saw. and your team just walked into one!

In the final analysis it is just one game in a long season.

Sometimes, you learn more by losing than by winning.

We expected to have some growing pains and this was certainly one of them.

Reaction Score
I kind of felt sorry for Jose after the game. Whatcha gonna do? Who I really feel sorry for is all the other teams in the AAC (ALL of whom USF should beat) when they have to play UCONN. This part of the schedule is really silly - wish there was a way to avoid it :(

Reaction Score
In the final analysis it is just one game in a long season.

Sometimes, you learn more by losing than by winning.

We expected to have some growing pains and this was certainly one of them.

You speak more truth then you know. In my Navy days we always felt that you learned more by making mistakes and learning what didn't work, what went wrong, than you do by having everything work out. Finding your weaknesses and faults can be invaluable - though obviously you don't always want to be screwing up in the name of "learning".

Unfortunately for USF the stars aligned badly last night...a relatively young team, with little cumulative experience against UConn on a night when Saniya and the rest of the Duds were perhaps just a little more "up" than normal.

And sometimes a team's strengths just exactly line up with another team's weaknesses and there isn't anything that can be done. It hasn't happened recently, but long term fans can remember games that got away from UConn where Geno, instead of ranting and raving on the bench, just sat back and smiled. It happens.

Just not in the last 90 games.

So, the morning after, while some fans are basking in the afterglow, and a few unfortunately even gloating, I'll remind myself USF is a legitimate challenger that has been on a closing trajectory (didn't Debbie Antonella say something about catching a UConn last year?) and that the score of last nights game doesn't represent the growth that the USF program has achieved.

And I'll remember that UConn has made a lot of very good programs look bad on a given night over the years.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I kind of felt sorry for Jose after the game. Whatcha gonna do? Who I really feel sorry for is all the other teams in the AAC (ALL of whom USF should beat) when they have to play UCONN. This part of the schedule is really silly - wish there was a way to avoid it :(

1. C16xfWwWQAArvyI.jpg

2. Jose Fernandez ‏@CoachJFernandez 21h21 hours ago
  3. Appreciate the texts,phone calls, emails.Our staff and team are fine. Tough Loss.We are 13-2. Kids went to class this morning,next game Sat

4. Jose Fernandez ‏@CoachJFernandez 21h21 hours ago
    What do you do after giving up 100 for first time ever and worst loss in 17 years?Get back to work,improve, hold your head up high. Be better.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ouch...that beat down had to hurt! Jose was right that they just gave up. I don't say this tongue in cheek but there is some talent there. I was glad to see Samuelson smoke Laksa as they guarded each other quite a bit during the game and KLS had a point to make- sorry Laksa but you're the 3rd best Soph on the court.
My last point I will make is why so many international players-seriously there is enough US talent to give scholarships to and better the US young women lives. 9 foreign players is excessive in any form. So to say I want to feel magnanimous when winning sorry no. I am now going to root for Temple and Tulane against USF. Good luck against Louisville though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
East Carolina @ USF, streaming live now:

Plebe

Reaction Score
A dominant 31-point win over a top-100 RPI team. Way to bounce back from what could've been a demoralizing blowout.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
A dominant 31-point win over a top-100 RPI team. Way to bounce back from what could've been a demoralizing blowout.

Thanks, for the kind words.

"We needed to play and put that (UConn) game behind us," said Fernandez, who seeks his 300th career win Tuesday at home against Memphis. "I think our kids put it behind us the last two days, the way that we've practiced, so that's been good."

USF women bounce back, roll past ECU

Plebe

Reaction Score
Next game is home against Louisville this Sunday 1/22.

It's a big ask, but an upset over Louisville would be huge. It would all but guarantee USF a berth in the tournament, and it would go a long way toward getting Temple and Tulane in as well.

USF's biggest problem will be guarding the interior against Hines-Allen and Walton. Henshaw is pretty much their only big and she's nowhere near as skilled as Louisville's bigs. We also saw how UConn's athleticism overwhelmed the USF guards, and Louisville's got an abundance of athletes as well.

Here's hoping that USF hits at least 15 threes in this game.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
It's a big ask, but an upset over Louisville would be huge. It would all but guarantee USF a berth in the tournament, and it would go a long way toward getting Temple and Tulane in as well.

USF's biggest problem will be guarding the interior against Hines-Allen and Walton. Henshaw is pretty much their only big and she's nowhere near as skilled as Louisville's bigs. We also saw how UConn's athleticism overwhelmed the USF guards, and Louisville's got an abundance of athletes as well.

Here's hoping that USF hits at least 15 threes in this game.

I agree with your assessment.

At the moment, USF is in a 3-point shooting slump.

They will need to regain their earlier form in order to have a decent chance of winning.

Laksa did not play well tonight. She will need to step up her game against UL.

Hopefully, the USF team as a whole rises to the occasion on their homecourt.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Despite my being a bit harsh towards USF on this thread, I do want them to do well. That said the Louisville-USF game is scheduled for ESPNU at 2 PM Sunday as part of The WeBack Pat Week. UConn is on ESPN2 @1 vs Tulane as part of the same"We Bask..." week as well. I will record it to see Laksa vs. Durr matchup. Go Bulls!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
USFMB, Ok the big game against Louisville is tomorrow at 2 PM and I am rooting for the Bulls and want to see Jesperson and Flores play well (I was impressed with their games) and want to Laksa take it to Durr and then see what the Walz World forum does!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom