USF WBB '16-'17 Season | The Boneyard

USF WBB '16-'17 Season

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
  • One of your posters suggested that I start a new thread covering USF WBB for this season.
We are 2-0 and arrived in Bimini today for the Junkanoo Jam tourney.

1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 2h2 hours ago
    We have arrived. #paradise

Junkanoo Jam
    Cx41rlIUsAEELXM.jpg

2. Junkanoo Jam RetweetedResorts World Bimini ‏@RWBimini 3h3 hours ago
    This week the @JunkanooJam brings NCAA women's basketball to Bimini.

Cx4zAOVXgAEtIPB.jpg

3. I believe we start out playing North Carolina. It will be a tough challenge for USF, because we are still in the process of rebuilding our team. Currently, we have a few players injured.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow - you guys are luckier than Dayton, who just arrived in Storrs where it is going to be below freezing by the end of the game - winter has arrived, and Bimini looks VERY attractive! I guess they must fly out tonight or tomorrow. Looks like an interesting line-up of teams - good luck and 'stay warm'!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Wow - you guys are luckier than Dayton, who just arrived in Storrs where it is going to be below freezing by the end of the game - winter has arrived, and Bimini looks VERY attractive! I guess they must fly out tonight or tomorrow. Looks like an interesting line-up of teams - good luck and 'stay warm'!

Our team arrived there today.

We play North Carolina on 11/24 at 5:15.
'
Here is a link to the brackets:

https://junkanoojam.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2016-junkanoo-jam-combined-brackets.pdf

The games can supposedly be watched live at:

Junkanoo Jam Basketball Tournament |

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Correction:

I received an e-mail from USF, stating that the Junkanoo Jam games are viewable live there only on a subscription basis:

"You can catch all the action right here through the Junkanoo Jam's online stream. Please note that the online stream is a subscription based platform and fans are encouraged to cancel their subscription after the tournament to avoid being automatically renewed next month.

The Bulls tip off Thursday night at 5:15 pm versus the North Carolina Tar Heels."

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
JUNKANOO JAM

UNC

4-0
Halftime
1 2 3 4 T
UNC 18 12 30
USF 22 17 39

USF

2-0

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
After third quarter:

USF 58

UNC 45

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Final : USF 83 UNC 55

UNC was 4-0 before losing to USF.

USF is receiving votes in both polls. If we can win this tourney, there is a good chance we will be ranked once again.

Small venue, big result:

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 4.13.59 PM.png

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Congratulations . ! Do you go to USF home games? Who do you play next?

Yes, I go to all of the USF WBB home games.

I presume you want to know who is our next home opponent.

That would be FIU on Nov 30th.

I am especially looking forward to our Dec 2 game @Butler, because we might get our first chance to see JUCO PG N. DeJesus. She's been out with knee surgery and is tentatively scheduled to play there. She was a prolific 3 point shooter (50%) at Miami Dade JC and an AA. She was expected to vie for the starting PG spot and be an offensive contributor this season.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF-UNC game story.

TAMPA, NOV. 24, 2016 – The University of South Florida women’s basketball team won the battle of the undefeated Thursday night. Behind a 34-point performance by Kitija Laksa, the Bulls defeated North Carolina 83-55 on the island of Bimini, Bahamas in the Junkanoo Jam.

Laksa (Riga, Latvia) went 11-for-19 from the floor, including 6-for-10 from behind the arc for her second career 30-point outing. The sophomore also added a career-best 10 rebounds in her first career double-double outing.
Senior Ariadna Pujol (Mataro, Spain) added a solid stat line, headlined by 26 points, seven rebounds and three assists...

USF Takes Down Undefeated UNC

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Glad to see USF put a molly whopping on UNC. It warms my heart.:)

Yes, I enjoy a UNC loss more than a Duke victory. :cool: In any sport.
You are MEAN! But I almost feel the same way about UNC. Also, I don't have a problem with the Duke women but I feel about the Duke men the way you feel about the UNC women. Just saying

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Bimini? Geez - so envious! (When will UCONN's next Thankgiving tropical island tournament be??)

1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 7h7 hours agoBahamas
    Pool recovery doesn't seem so bad when you've got this view. #BahamaBulls
    CyHwUcNUoAEpZPz.jpg

USF WBB will be taking another working holiday to Las Vegas in Dec. :cool:

The Play4Kay Shootout: Women’s Basketball Tournament will take place at T-Mobile Arena on December 19-21, 2016. The event benefits the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. The tournament will include 2016 NCAA Tournament participants Oregon State, Oklahoma State, South Florida, New Mexico State, Long Beach State, Santa Clara, Quinnipiac and UNLV.

Play4Kay Shootout: Women’s Basketball Tournament | T-Mobile Arena

It's a tough life, but someone has to do it. :rolleyes:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
After 3 quarters:

USF: 64
Georgia: 56

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
USF wins, 81-65.

Two impressive back-to-back wins for the Bulls against teams that figure to be middle of the pack in the ACC and SEC, respectively.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF wins, 81-65.

Two impressive back-to-back wins for the Bulls against teams that figure to be middle of the pack in the ACC and SEC, respectively.

Thanks.

These wins might be enough for the coaches to rank USF. The AP poll is more iffy.

Either way, USF will eventually be ranked with a few more wins.

Laksa has been on fire. She had at least seven 3 pointers in this game. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom