USF v. Oklahoma | The Boneyard

USF v. Oklahoma

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
It is on Fox Sports Sun TV and online as well.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF usually doesn't commit many fouls. In this game four of our starters have two fouls.

Meanwhile, OU does not have anyone with more than one foul.

I hate to say this, but I think there is some home cooking by the refs.

South Florida vs. Oklahoma - Box Score - December 9, 2017 - ESPN

We have a short bench with two freshmen playing.

So, we can't afford to have a starter fouling out.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Oklahoma hanging in there. Ortiz's 3's are keeping it close.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I sure hope USF pulls this out because it would be a BAD loss on their resume - Oklahoma is not a very good basketball team. They are 3-5 with losses to UALR, Florida, and SDSU, among others... (Depaul and Oregon)...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tied at 65 with 4:40 to go in the game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Laksa fouls out with 3 minutes to go. OK up by 2.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Laksa fouled out. Our two post players with 4 fouls.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Henshaw just fouled out for USF.

OK up by 5.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
We don't have any bench to speak of.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gabby Ortiz...8 3s on 12 attempts. Name to remember in 10 days. 79-74 Sooners.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is really unfortunate for USF.

This should not have been a bad loss. Norman has been a graveyard for many good teams, including Texas (the Longhorns haven't won there since 2010). But for some unexplainable reason, Oklahoma played like garbage in losing to the likes of Little Rock and Florida. Those losses kicked them in the pants and they were due for a fiery bounce-back. Which sadly came at the expense of South Florida.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I stated in another thread that OU should be a descent team. They have a very strong nucleus (Ortiz, Pierre-Louise, Manning) and some great freshman (Llanusa & Pellington) with a HOF Coach in Sherri Coale. Yes they had some head scratching losses but the talent is there.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I sure hope USF pulls this out because it would be a BAD loss on their resume - Oklahoma is not a very good basketball team. They are 3-5 with losses to UALR, Florida, and SDSU, among others... (Depaul and Oregon)...

By the end of the season, it probably won't be considered that bad a loss.

OU probably played their best game today. I expect they will continue to get better as the season goes along.

It's a shame that our transfer still wasn't eligible to play, because our two post players were in foul trouble.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I stated in another thread that OU should be a descent team. They have a very strong nucleus (Ortiz, Pierre-Louise, Manning) and some great freshman (Llanusa & Pellington) with a HOF Coach in Sherri Coale. Yes they had some head scratching losses but the talent is there.

That's the thing. I could understand if Oklahoma had been depleted by graduation or player departures. But they weren't. They returned 3 of their top 4 scorers from last year and all 3 of their top rebounders. And they added two quality freshmen.

I didn't watch this game, but from the description of USFMB it's clear that South Florida was destroyed by foul trouble in this game. That, and Gabbi Ortiz woke up and had a career game with 31 points.

Reaction Score
That's the thing. I could understand if Oklahoma had been depleted by graduation or player departures. But they weren't. They returned 3 of their top 4 scorers from last year and all 3 of their top rebounders. And they added two quality freshmen.

I didn't watch this game, but from the description of USFMB it's clear that South Florida was destroyed by foul trouble in this game. That, and Gabbi Ortiz woke up and had a career game with 31 points.

OU did experience a bit of a set back due to the loss of the 2016 class. Mulkey although not very good did start and was expected to start this year along with Dungee. Even though they returned a lot we still don’t have a go to player/ team leader.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom