USF Tickets Floor sections require fans to not wear opposing teams colors. | The Boneyard

USF Tickets Floor sections require fans to not wear opposing teams colors.

Reaction Score
I was on Stubhub looking for tickets for Saturday's game and noticed this blurb.

Tickets Floor sections require fans to not wear opposing teams colors. Failure to follow this rule will result in relocation.

I have never seen this type of message before while buying tickets. Is this common practice?

Reaction Score
How can that ever be enforced? Like, Is that even legal?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I guess they don't play anyone else with green & gold unis?

Reaction Score
If the stadium is privately owned, then dress codes can be enforced. This happens at high end bars and clubs. However, it could be to prevent annoying fans from harassing players and wont be enforced under most circumstances.

Reaction Score
I get their goal, but it's a weird way to get there. Pretty easy to get around this one. Every school sells stuff not in their colors. Or make your own shirts in fluorescent yellow that say "USF Sucks! Go Huskies!" That's more obnoxious than just having some opposing fans up front in their team colors.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
It's legal for schools to set restrictions on attire if they have a reasonable belief that the clothes could negatively affect the environment. The court case doesn't directly apply to sports venues, but I would argue the principle applies.

Reaction Score
I was on Stubhub looking for tickets for Saturday's game and noticed this blurb.

Tickets Floor sections require fans to not wear opposing teams colors. Failure to follow this rule will result in relocation.

I have never seen this type of message before while buying tickets. Is this common practice?
I like it - used to get annoyed when after depending big bucks for my season tickets I'd be behind or next to a fan from the opposing team all decked out. Actually was upset with the season ticket holder who sold that seat

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I like it - used to get annoyed when agyer depending big bucks for my season tickets I'd be behind or next to a fan from the opposing team all decked out. Actually was upset with the season ticket holder who sold that seat

That’s weak and so is this policy. Now, if they’re being obnoxious and yelling in your face and bumping into you, sure. If all they’re doing is cheering for the other team’s good plays and wearing their gear, that’s life. Not everyone likes your team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That’s weak and so is this policy. Now, if they’re being obnoxious and yelling in your face and bumping into you, sure. If all they’re doing is cheering for the other team’s good plays and wearing their gear, that’s life. Not everyone likes your team.
Depending on the team they could be quite obnoxious - syracuse, providence, georgetown and st John's standout.

Reaction Score
That reminds me of one the funniest/shocking things I ever saw at a game. My brother had great season tickets to the Whalers back in the 90s. We used to see this one guy there every game cheering for the Whalers. He looked pretty mild-mannered. But when Philly was in town, he wore his Flyer sweater. Something happened during the game and words were exchanged with a Whaler fan (not me) and this mild mannered guy jumped up and tried to strangle the other guy. He then came to his senses and left the arena. I sure miss those Hockey Nights in Hartford..

Reaction Score
Depending on the team they could be quite obnoxious - syracuse, providence, georgetown and st John's standout.
worst we ever had was at a football game with Rutgers fans. Wouldn't shut up.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
5E4AE63B-8C29-4BF0-AC71-979A17333DDF.jpeg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Gotta be snowing in Tampa

Not the 1st time they restricted away jerseys. They’ve even restricted ticket sales to only Florida zip codes during NHL playoffs
Rutgers used to refuse to sell tickets to anyone with a Connecticut address or phone number

Reaction Score
Do you really expect to defile such hallowed b-ball grounds such as "The Yeungling Center"? Such a classy representative of the libation sector. How rude - Stephanie tanner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom