USF Post Game Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF Post Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He doesn't write his own stuff. His 'algorithm' is to alternate freelance former beat reporters and interns world no notes scribbled on napkins stained w/chianti & fava beans. Sometimes he actually gets it right.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice early on when they were talking about Orlando Antigua's coaching career with the camera settled on him for about 5-6 seconds until they suddenly realized it was his brother they were focused on? LOL

Reaction Score
Nelson's basketball analysis is tantalizingly absurd. He has no clue whatsoever, yet still has "enlightened" us with over 11,000 posts. I agree with Walker11, that the description of Cassell Jr. actually fits Purvis really well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson's basketball analysis is tantalizingly absurd. He has no clue whatsoever, yet still has "enlightened" us with over 11,000 posts. I agree with Walker11, that the description of Cassell Jr. actually fits Purvis really well.

What does "tantalizingly absurd" mean?

Reaction Score
It is hard to justify playing time for Nolan at this point. Even Lubin looks better than Nolan. I can't think of what Nolan's "thing" is that we need on occasion. Last year, there were a couple of games (Florida at Gampel) where we needed Olander to bang inside. Nolan doesn't bring anything to the table that someone else doesn't do better. If Lubin has a couple of more games like this, Nolan will start getting some DNP's

Nolan is needed when going up against a name brand team with a media favorite center/power forward to absorb the early fouls that will be called against UConn no matter what in order to protect Brimah. As long as the rest of the team can keep it close, Brimah can then be saved for the end of the game when it counts. I thought that Ollie shoudl have started Nolan against Duke because everyone knew that Okafor would be the victim of a happy whistle or two from the refs early playing Okafor, just did not expect 2 fouls in the first 90 seconds.

Reaction Score
It means you have absolutely no clue, but your posts are funny because you truly believe the garbage you type. Do you really believe that Cassell Jr. is very quick and athletic? Especially with Boat and Purvis in the same backcourt to compare him to.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nolan is needed when going up against a name brand team with a media favorite center/power forward to absorb the early fouls that will be called against UConn no matter what in order to protect Brimah. As long as the rest of the team can keep it close, Brimah can then be saved for the end of the game when it counts. I thought that Ollie shoudl have started Nolan against Duke because everyone knew that Okafor would be the victim of a happy whistle or two from the refs early playing Okafor, just did not expect 2 fouls in the first 90 seconds.

Fair point.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It means you have absolutely no clue, but your posts are funny because you truly believe the garbage you type. Do you really believe that Cassell Jr. is very quick and athletic? Especially with Boat and Purvis in the same backcourt to compare him to.

I didn't compare him to Boat and Purvis, but if you need strawmen like that to argue with, then do what you have to do.

Cassell was recruited by 2 Top 30 basketball programs and was a star at the JUCO level. To say he is EXTREMELY slow and unathletic is just stupid. He is a backup guard, and he makes a lot of mistakes. He can get by his defender and I have seen him exhibit impressive body control at times (often to get out of trouble he has created for himself). He seems pretty quick and athletic, and given that Maryland and Ollie both offered him, and Ollie is playing him, I will give Ollie the benefit of the doubt for now. But of course, you know better than Ollie on a guy that Ollie sees every day in practice but has played a total of 220 minutes of game time at UConn.

BTW, "tantalizingly absurd" is nonsense. You need to work on your attacks.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
good spin (smh). Nellie time to tap out

Either Ollie and Maryland recruited a guy that was EXTREMELY slow and unathletic, or they didn't.

Reaction Score
I'm proud to be involved in a thread that may be referenced for years as a pinnacle of Yard stupidity.

Reaction Score
I think the dunce does not understand that a guy can be a good basketball player without being very quick and athletic. A coach can see enough positives in a player to want him on the team even if the guy is not an elite athlete.

Reaction Score
2 thoughts.

We are showing signs of being a good team and the "good play" stretches are getting longer!

And oh my god the one announcer was so bad, almost like he wasn't watching a different game!
I looked at the picture in your post and, I myself, had two thoughts. (if you know what I mean!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom