USF Post Game Thoughts | The Boneyard

USF Post Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. The bench, specifically Calhoun, Cassell and Lubin, really helped turn the game around with their play the last 5 minutes of the half. If we get contributions from them like consistently, it completely changes this team.

2. Thought the stretch from the 5 minute mark in the 1st half to the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half was some of our best basketball of the year.

3. A little wrinkle, but Ollie had Purvis play the PG early in the 2nd half, and had Boat and Hamilton running off screens on the wing. It really opened up things, and allowed Boat to play with some space. I would like to see that again.

4. What Facey and Brimah lack in overall strength, they certainly make up for in athleticism. They were flying to the ball in the 2nd half.

5. Brimah is completely taking away the lane, and his rebounding was very impressive the last 2 games. If he can manage to stay in the game, teams are really going to have to beat us from outside. With our speed at the top with Boat/Purvis, or Boat/Samuel that will be tough to do.

6. Purvis is showing signs of those explosive moves we saw in high school. Just needs to finish at the rim better.

7. Purvis and Hamilton really scare me out the foul line. Worried about end of game situations.

Good win. Time to move onto Cincy Saturday. Another chance for a good win at home. Really need it.

Reaction Score
Good post Everyone is chipping in. Solid D. Brimah rebounding. Low Turnovers. Ball movement. Forward progess is nice to see in many positions.

Hope we can get Boat healthy this year. He's getting beat down out there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
USF has one guy that is OBE caliber: Anthony Collins. Guerrero could be good someday, and the rest of the team would feel at home in the NEC. I was hoping and expecting UConn to sleepwalk to a 25 point win. Ollie killed the clock the last 10 minutes to protect Boat, but I still wanted a bigger beatdown.

Against mediocre and worse teams, Brimah is dominant. Memphis with Goodwin and Nichols, and maybe Kennedy on SMU or the JUCO on Cincinnati may test Brimah, but I expect more games like this one where Brimah looks like a dad playing basketball with his kids.

It is hard to justify playing time for Nolan at this point. Even Lubin looks better than Nolan. I can't think of what Nolan's "thing" is that we need on occasion. Last year, there were a couple of games (Florida at Gampel) where we needed Olander to bang inside. Nolan doesn't bring anything to the table that someone else doesn't do better. If Lubin has a couple of more games like this, Nolan will start getting some DNP's.

Samuel had 4 assists and 7 rebounds in 18 minutes. That is a great line for him.

Cassell is very quick and athletic, but he has to play more under control. He is not a freshman.

Omar looked good off the bench. Glad to see him back.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How about that sweet jumper by Lubin? I didn't know he had that in him. Maybe he can be this year's Olander zone buster.

Reaction Score
What I liked tonight as well as last game is an improvement in Amida getting a couple rebounds in traffic, mixing it up a little more. 10 and 8 the last 2 is a nice pattern and we will need those numbers in the slugfest on Saturday.

Reaction Score
"Cassell is very quick and athletic, but he has to play more under control. He is not a freshman."
Man, you really do live in a different world.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
C'mon mau. I expected you to get that reference.

("Stanley Robinson is not a Big East-caliber athlete")

That is not what I said. Spew your stupid somewhere else.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"Cassell is very quick and athletic, but he has to play more under control. He is not a freshman."
Man, you really do live in a different world.

What part don't you agree with? Do you know more than Ollie about recruiting talent?

Reaction Score
What part don't you agree with? Do you know more than Ollie about recruiting talent?
Very quick and athletic is about the worst description ever for Cassell. He is extremely unathletic and slow for a UConn level guard, the reason he plays is because he is a steady ball handler and good passer. His lack of athleticism makes it where he becomes a liability against some teams especially on defense.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Did you see when he took it down the lane fast and you're like "maybe he's got game" only to run right into a defender and lose possession.

Reaction Score
Very quick and athletic is about the worst description ever for Cassell. He is extremely unathletic and slow for a UConn level guard, the reason he plays is because he is a steady ball handler and good passer. His lack of athleticism makes it where he becomes a liability against some teams especially on defense.

"On another note, I really like this kid Brimah. My only concern is that he's very short and fat."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

EXTREMELY unathletic and slow? So you think Ollie is an idiot. Got it.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
2 thoughts.

We are showing signs of being a good team and the "good play" stretches are getting longer!

And oh my god the one announcer was so bad, almost like he wasn't watching a different game!

Reaction Score
At this point, I am almost positive that the poster has between confusing SC with Purvis the entire year. Please be the case.

If not, I will never be able to take nelsonmuntz's posts seriously again.

Reaction Score
Great to see Purvis able to run point love seeing Boat being able to roam without the ball -makes us so much more dangerous and opens things up for everybody.
We are always at our best with the two PG(at least ball handler tandem ) look in the backcourt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom