USF game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USF game thread

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We are having one of our best shooting nights of the year, have the least TOs in who knows how long, USF is shooting under 40% from 3, and are up 13.

What an odd night for this post

Absolutely!

We're playing with 6 men and we are still playing some full court pressure deep into this game. We are up by 19, playing pretty smart ball, and this thread makes it sound like we are down by 30...

Reaction Score
Absolutely!

We're playing with 6 men and we are still playing some full court pressure deep into this game. We are up by 19, playing pretty smart ball, and this thread makes it sound like we are down by 30...
To be fair we were pretty meh from minutes 5-30 of this game. Looks like we were saving our legs to start playing defense and boxing out for the final 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
Looked good in the second half, especially Jalen and Vital but can't take anything from this game, USF is horrendous.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
To be fair we were pretty meh from minutes 5-30 of this game. Looks like we were saving our legs to start playing defense and boxing out for the final 10 minutes.

I guess we can't win by 50. ;)

By the way, Brimah just picked up his first foul of the game with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. And Purvis had played a really smart, controlled game. Good stuff from the fellas tonight...

Reaction Score
Just a bit tired of the excuses, in fact I've already heard a litany of excuses for why we won't be good next season. Too young, not enough time to gel, nothing down low/no rim protector etc. At some point you have to put together a good regular season.
I can live with the fact there are some severe handicaps and some years are tough. I can't stand the lack of discipline and lapses in basic execution, especially when you can see they can play at a high level in spurts. USF is a poor team, and it's good they were able to put distance between them. This effort would not sustain against a quality team that can shoot and play D. But, right now we have to take what we can get and be happy we are on the right side of the score. If they could ever get some consistent execution, they would be very tough.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We scored 81 tonight, no matter how you slice it. Plus we kept the turnovers down and I think we outrebounded them by almost double digits. Very solid performance...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The difference was three-pointers. 12 of 20 .

Make them 2's and take away 12 points; do we still win? How about you take away their 3's also; how badly do we win then?

The difference was that we were much better...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Make them 2's and take away 12 points; do we still win? How about you take away their 3's also; how badly do we win then?

The difference was that we were much better...
Kentan had about 3 good plays out of about twenty he was involved with on both ends. Who would have thunk with Kentan in a funk USF would have been punked!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Kentan had about 3 good plays out of about twenty he was involved with on both ends. Who would have thunk with Kentan in a funk USF would have been punked!

He still put in a lot of hard work, though. And I thought he got hacked a couple of times that weren't called, too...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not happy, but I can understand the context of having 4 straight poor/patchwork recruiting classes that led to this state of affairs. And I also understand that as our 2016 & 2017 classes matriculate, we'll improve and, within the next 18 months, be on top of the conference.

We have 3 players across our junior & senior classes: Kentan Facey, Amida Brimah, and Rodney Purvis. Of course we're brutal!

Its ben explained but sometimes folks just don't listen, love to live in the past and lack patience
But that's fine - to each their own

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Looked good in the second half, especially Jalen and Vital but can't take anything from this game, USF is horrendous.
How bout a W to get them to .500 in the league???
Everything must look like crap wearing those glasses

Reaction Score
Change literally to luckily. UConn is in seventh place in the AAC right now and is struggling against a terrible South Florida team. I don't want to hear about how bad the conference is at this time.

I don't think it was luck at all. You think they didn't deserve to win?

Reaction Score
If one has to rely on winning the conference championship tourney to get to the ncaa tourney, more often than not you will miss out. It is imperative to be competitive in the regular season and not have to hope to win the conference tournament. Last year was just a very very lucky conference tourney for UConn, and luck is a very fickle thing.

They didn't have to rely on winning the conference tournament.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Was this in reference to the purvis defense on a layup, where he literally didn't touch the guy?

In a season of horrid officiating, that might have been the worst call yet.
It must be. I had the same reaction when I saw the replay.

The ref obviously anticipated contact and blew the whistle as soon as the USF player got near Purvis. Purvis never came closer than a foot away, but once the ref committed himself, he had to call something to save face. Too much of that kind of crap happens at the college level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom