USF game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF game thread

Reaction Score
Outside of one block attempt in which he should have turned for a rebound and one play he reacted slowly to his player at the top of the key, he's playing within himself making it difficult for the other team to drive and score. Kentan has been the player MIA on defense this game.

If he doesn't get too tired and keeps out of foul trouble I expect him to up his defense last half of the 2nd.

Yeah Facey hasn't been up to par.

Reaction Score
Next year may be more of the same with our bigs. Durham and Enoch are not ready for prime time and we have projects coming off the bench with (Diarra) and the center recruit coming in next year.

I'll be surprised if any Center on our team next year has a game as bad as Brimah's bad days. Brimah's bad days are absolutely horrendous.

Reaction Score
We literally won the conference tournament last year.
That's so incredibly pathetic that you even went there. It is a weak arse conference that we expected to dominate and we are 7th this year, 6th last year, 6th the year before, and 3rd in the first year of it's existence. It makes me so sad even typing that.

Reaction Score
That's so incredibly pathetic that you even went there. It is a weak arse conference that we expected to dominate and we are 7th this year, 6th last year, 6th the year before, and 3rd in the first year of it's existence. It makes me so sad even typing that.

The mental gymnastics regarding the last couple years is pathetic. If we don't reach the sweet sixteen next year and/or finish 2nd or better in the conference we need to reevaluate everything. Everyone always talks about recruiting but if you sign a bunch of 4* guys and can't win what's the point?

Reaction Score
Poor thing. Let me add another: We've made the tournament final every single year the conference has existed.

Reaction Score
The deal with Purvis the last 2 games:

If you want no turnovers.....you get no points....

Reaction Score
Poor thing. Let me add another: We've made the tournament final every single year the conference has existed.
And you're happy with that? We are/were a blueblood and have been the definition of mediocrity in a conference that is mediocre at best.

Reaction Score
If one has to rely on winning the conference championship tourney to get to the ncaa tourney, more often than not you will miss out. It is imperative to be competitive in the regular season and not have to hope to win the conference tournament. Last year was just a very very lucky conference tourney for UConn, and luck is a very fickle thing.

Reaction Score
And you're happy with that? We are/were a blueblood and have been the definition of mediocrity in a conference that is mediocre at best.
Not happy, but I can understand the context of having 4 straight poor/patchwork recruiting classes that led to this state of affairs. And I also understand that as our 2016 & 2017 classes matriculate, we'll improve and, within the next 18 months, be on top of the conference.

We have 3 players across our junior & senior classes: Kentan Facey, Amida Brimah, and Rodney Purvis. Of course we're brutal!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Someone tell KO to let the refs know Santos hasn't left the paint all night.

Reaction Score
Not happy, but I can understand the context of having 4 straight poor/patchwork recruiting classes that led to this state of affairs. And I also understand that as our 2016 & 2017 classes matriculate, we'll improve and, within the next 18 months, be on top of the conference.

We have 3 players across our junior & senior classes: Kentan Facey, Amida Brimah, and Rodney Purvis. Of course we're brutal!
Just a bit tired of the excuses, in fact I've already heard a litany of excuses for why we won't be good next season. Too young, not enough time to gel, nothing down low/no rim protector etc. At some point you have to put together a good regular season.

Reaction Score
I've seen the shooting ability with Vital even though the numbers haven't been there. Well tonight he's showing the stroke. Less worried about our shooting next year than others.

Reaction Score
Just a bit tired of the excuses, in fact I've already heard a litany of excuses for why we won't be good next season. Too young, not enough time to gel, nothing down low/no rim protector etc. At some point you have to put together a good regular season.
Meh, they're reasons, not excuses. We suck this year because we didn't recruit well in 2012, 13 & 14, and because we got killed with injuries.

EDIT: And fwiw I think we'll be very good next year, as in top 20ish all season long. Better if we can get a postgrad big who will rebound and not commit ridiculous fouls.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Are you serious Rodney?!? Just play defense that shot had like .6 percent chance to go in

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom