Lineup
Bouk
RJ
Whaley
Polley
Martin

Gaff first sub in, then Ajax

Reaction Score
USC comes out strong early and puts UConn in a hole. UConn makes a run in the second half, but it is not enough.

USC 88 UConn 81

Reaction Score
USC comes out strong early and puts UConn in a hole. UConn makes a run in the second half, but it is not enough.

USC 88 UConn 81

I don't think there'll be that much offense, but this is basically my impression. We did not look ready for a P5 opponent while playing Hartford to a draw over the last 35 minutes last week.

USC 71-63 UConn

Though, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised by anything between USC 80-60 and UConn 80-60.

Reaction Score
USC 69 UCONN 63

I expect the perimeter game to suffer and their bigs are good.

I expect UCONN defense to be better, but USC has more offense at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think USC is really dangerous but I think UConn's depth will be the difference. 78-75.

Reaction Score
I dont feel like the last 25 minutes of the Hartford game means anything. The guys lost focus and Hurley let them know it isnt acceptable. That isn't happening here. Whether they win or not, I think judging off the Hartford lapses in intensity is not indicative of what will happen tonight. UConn 74 USC 71.

Reaction Score
USC 70-59.

Huskies are not quite ready yet. But I would not be shocked if Hurley ran them ragged after the Hartford game and they come out like a team possessed and run away with this. There is no telling with some teams..

I would be happy to be wrong about my prediction.

Reaction Score
This may be the most important game we have had in many years. I say this because we are a young team with a young star player, and a win tonight plus a big game by Bouk will instill such a massive confidence in him and the team. Going into Big East play too. Let’s go!

Reaction Score
I will be disappointed if we don't win, because USC has limited strengths and some real weaknesses. Their strength is solely the Mobley brother's combined size in the post and Evan Mobley's mobility and skill. I think that is more than offset by limitations in their roster depth and quality at guard. I think we can turn them over, potentially get guards in foul trouble, and create difficulty in getting the ball to Mobley in scoring positions. USC has 17 threes in 3 games so they will be playing for 2 points in the low post most of the time. Neither Mobley has shot well from the foul line, (5/11 Evan=45%)(7/19 Isaiah=36%) so there is some advantage to fouling, especially late game. Who are they going to have on the court in a late tight game if they are up? If the limited stats are true, they will have to concede their size and pull 1 or both. Isaiah is 0/5 from 3 so he might be baited into taking those shots. Evan plays real soft and at Hoophall got killed by Lance Ware, and Hunter Dickenson in successive games. I think he tends to wilt from contact and will go over the back of somebody bodying up on him. Just find him and box him out. Drew Peterson seems like a guy we should be able to negate with Martin, Jackson, and Polley, because of only average athleticism. I think there will be certain lobs or similar opportunities we are best to concede in the low post, that won't hurt us if we don't compound the problem by giving up a foul to boot. We should win the more possessions there are in this game.

I should admit in advance that I have felt Evan Mobley has skills and may be a great Kevin Durant type in the future, but he isn't a shadow of the #1 type players I have seen in other years. I also have never been impressed with their coach so my view is skewed.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sanogo's baby hook may be problematic if the MoBros are smart and maintain some distance. I wonder if Javonte Brown Ferguson will see some time.

I worry because we haven't shown ourselves to be a good three point team. We are slashers. Hopefully we can get them in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Too many critical pieces of this years team are new. A lot of unknowns right now as to who starts, who gets PT, who drives this team.

UConn will need another month before they’re ready to win a big game. Have to go with USC right now.

Yeah BUT...I’m going to be rooting hard for the good guys tonight and will be ecstatic if proved wrong.

Reaction Score
Huskies 72
Trojans 68

Honestly I think a lot of this will depend on foul trouble for Uconn - if Whaley and Sanogo can play D without picking up cheap fouls on the Mobleys I think the chances for the W go way up. It goes without saying that if Bouk gets in foul trouble it will be extremely difficult for Uconn to win this one.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't think there'll be that much offense, but this is basically my impression. We did not look ready for a P5 opponent while playing Hartford to a draw over the last 35 minutes last week.

I think you're overstating it a little bit. With about 3 minutes left in the 1st half, we had a commanding lead on Hartford (36-17). We didn't look good in the 2nd half and the last few minutes of the 1st, but when we needed to score to keep the game from getting too tight, we were able to take command back. I do agree that they're going to have to play much sharper basketball in order to win tonight.

Reaction Score

USC 71-63 UConn

Though, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised by anything between USC 80-60 and UConn 80-60.
Really going out on a limb there!! :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom