USC Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USC Predictions

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Too many critical pieces of this years team are new. A lot of unknowns right now as to who starts, who gets PT, who drives this team.

UConn will need another month before they’re ready to win a big game. Have to go with USC right now.

Yeah BUT...I’m going to be rooting hard for the good guys tonight and will be ecstatic if proved wrong.
This is a pair of teams that are projected closely matched, bubble teams.

Big confidence building game if the Huskues play well. Not a terrible game if we lose (as long as we don't crap the bed completely).

Reaction Score
I think Hurley stays with Cole and gaff both in lineup to start. I expect a scrappy defensive game. Hope I’m wrong but our boys just not fully ready yet. 66-59 usc.

Reaction Score
I think you're overstating it a little bit. With about 3 minutes left in the 1st half, we had a commanding lead on Hartford (36-17). We didn't look good in the 2nd half and the last few minutes of the 1st, but when we needed to score to keep the game from getting too tight, we were able to take command back. I do agree that they're going to have to play much sharper basketball in order to win tonight.
I consider 40-37 with 13:56 to go in the second half as "getting too tight".

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I consider 40-37 with 13:56 to go in the second half as "getting too tight".

Yeah I suppose, but they opened a lead right back up. There wasn't any prolonged concern about them losing the game.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
As a current student at South Carolina, I approve this message.
S. Carolina has become a big draw for suburban Chicago kids. I've got a number of friends who have kids attending there.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think Hurley stays with Cole and gaff both in lineup to start. I expect a scrappy defensive game. Hope I’m wrong but our boys just not fully ready yet. 66-59 usc.
Seems unlikely given DH's commentary yesterday

Reaction Score
This is the first game in a long time where I have no clue what to expect and nothing would surprise me, to be honest. I honestly don't care if we lose, as long as we show consistency and improvement. Im just going to say, Uconn 71 USC 66.

Reaction Score
No prediction from me.

our veterans need to lead us in this one, particularly Carlton, Whaley, Polley, and Adams.

the front court veterans need to play a big role against a talented but youthful USC front court.

I’m nervous about Tahj Eaddy, a homecoming game for the senior West Haven native who has been shooting very good from deep.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley will actually go small and use a lot of full-court press. USC's starting lineup only has two guys that are comfortable handling the ball and Eaddy struggles to play through pressure. If we press it also makes it harder for the Mobley bros to get involved in the game. Uconn win 80-67

Reaction Score
81-75.. UConn They can't control our speed.. Surprise contributor off the bench because of foul trouble and matchups.... Josh C..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I would like to say UConn by 4-6 pts but I wouldn't be surprised if UCS bumps UConn by double figures
That's where I stand with this team right now - leadership is important and I don't see much of it yet
DH has to be the players cheerleader like he was in 2nd half of last year (MSG vs Cuse early on was the exception) - don't worry about 'n refs - the players need his positive vibes

Reaction Score
I agree. My prediction for starting 5 is:
Cole
Bouk
Martin
Sanogo
Whaley
I like this lineup. To me it doesn’t matter whether Cole or Gaffney starts, they bring different strengths.

I like Martin starting instead of Polley. Tougher, better on the boards and a maybe a better defender. Polley can be a serious 3pt weapon off the bench which is a nice luxury.

pj

Reaction Score
If there's a game to distribute minutes across more players while picking up the pace, it's this one. They have an 8 player rotation, forward heavy, only 2 rotation players shorter than 6'7". Rotate the bigs and play physical with the Mobleys to tire them; take advantage of depth and length on the perimeter to harass them defensively; get offense out of transition. Push the pace and maximize the number of possessions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom