USBWA AA Team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USBWA AA Team

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have a vote for this one; I voted for 9 of the 10...It came down to Wiese, Peterson, and Brown. I voted for Peterson.

j6ZBj.gif

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Think about this ...

Last year when we were healthy, we started Stewie, Tuck, Moriah, and Kia. We rotated the other slot.

Lou started 22 games.

Pheesa started 9 games.

Gabby started 12 games.

They ALL went from part-time starter to 1st Team All-American in ONE season. Incredible!!

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Doesn't inclusion in the Huskies Wall of Honor require being a WBCA All-American? I thought I heard that in the case of Morgan Tuck.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This Wall of Honor is Geno's concession to those who wanted DT and other's numbers retired. With the number of numbers flying up there--as you pointed out---he may regret that decision.

Broadway - I doubt Geno has any regrets on the HOH.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Doesn't inclusion in the Huskies Wall of Honor require being a WBCA All-American? I thought I heard that in the case of Morgan Tuck.
I believe it's 1st team on at least one of these:

-AP (5 players)

-WBCA (10 players)

-USBWA (10 players)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Think about this ...

Last year when we were healthy, we started Stewie, Tuck, Moriah, and Kia. We rotated the other slot.

Lou started 22 games.

Pheesa started 9 games.

Gabby started 12 games.

They ALL went from part-time starter to 1st Team All-American in ONE season. Incredible!!
Looked at differently, last year's team had SIX players who earned 1st Team All-American status either last year or this year. We have had teams with FIVE eventual All-Americans. I don't believe that we or anyone else has had SIX. Unreal!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe it's 1st team on at least one of these:

-AP (5 players)

-WBCA (10 players)

-USBWA (10 players)
I tend to believe that there is no hard & fast rule for the HOH. Consider that Geno decided to include CD. Had Gabby not been included on one of the 1st teams you list, I was wondering if Geno would have considered the ESPN AA 1st team recognition as HOH worthy?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I tend to believe that there is no hard & fast rule for the HOH. Consider that Geno decided to include CD. Had Gabby not been included on one of the 1st teams you list, I was wondering if Geno would have considered the ESPN AA 1st team recognition as HOH worthy?
I think, de facto, those 3 teams have been the threshold, but I think the only thing spelled out is "1st team AA."

Geno, CD, and, I think, some teams, are on the Wall. CD was once ranked the #4 recruiter in all of sports, or something like that, so she's 1st team all-world.

Reaction Score

Every player on the wall has been on one of those three list. Of course non players don't follow the same rule, otherwise there won't be any up there... including Geno.

Reaction Score
I think, de facto, those 3 teams have been the threshold, but I think the only thing spelled out is "1st team AA."

Geno, CD, and, I think, some teams, are on the Wall. CD was once ranked the #4 recruiter in all of sports, or something like that, so she's 1st team all-world.
I know we have disagreed on this all season, but I still believe the only criteria is WBCA AA. It would seem there would be an authoritative source/way to resolve, though - ??

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller tweeted the WBCA All American Team will be announced Saturday. I think normally it would have been announced Today.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller tweeted the WBCA All American Team will be announced Saturday. I think normally it would have been announced Today.
It has said April 1 on their website for a while

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
This Wall of Honor is Geno's concession to those who wanted DT and other's numbers retired. With the number of numbers flying up there--as you pointed out---he may regret that decision.
Do you know for sure that the WOH was Geno's idea? After all, the men share the wall. Factually, I'm sure someone could figure out the maximum number of players that could fit on the wall. But, I would guess that they would not run out of room in our lifetime.

When I went to UConn, they had on the walls of the field house ( where the offices were) team photos of every UConn athletic team. Our 68 and 69 hockey teams were there. I also wondered when they would run out of room. Does anyone know how they handled that problem? i.e. has anyone been to the new facility and noticed team pictures of "old" teams?

Reaction Score
Broadway - I doubt Geno has any regrets on the HOH.
If you read that correctly-------with all the shirts he is hanging--he'll run out of room and that --could cause him regrets

Reaction Score
Do you know for sure that the WOH was Geno's idea? After all, the men share the wall. Factually, I'm sure someone could figure out the maximum number of players that could fit on the wall. But, I would guess that they would not run out of room in our lifetime.

When I went to UConn, they had on the walls of the field house ( where the offices were) team photos of every UConn athletic team. Our 68 and 69 hockey teams were there. I also wondered when they would run out of room. Does anyone know how they handled that problem? i.e. has anyone been to the new facility and noticed team pictures of "old" teams?

Geno may have adopted the Hockey wall of honor---I dont remember seeing them--in the field house---hockey rink --down the road along side of Gampel, down a slope, around s small turn--was an ice rink for general skating---was the hockey rink in that area??
I was at Uconn around the same time--

He WAS getting lots of requests to RETIRE jerseys--as Some (probably Tn) were doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom