USBWA AA Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USBWA AA Team

Reaction Score
Unbelievably proud of our gals.... Imagine making the team as SOPHMORES!!!! and Gabby, who met with Geno and wanted to know what she had to do to be one of the best.... from a modestly ranked guard out west to the person who is the biggest game changer in college basketball, according to Jay Bilas, whose opinion i respect..... that is laudable.....

I want to see the banners go up..... and I salute Kia also.... cannot lay enough praise at your doorstep..... the guard position being the most important in WCBB and you have been so solid.... with you, Saniya and Crystal back there.... such a solid feeling

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One on the order of, mebbe, TBA?
You know I've seen those TBA arena's fall into the sinkhole of politics and funding, and I've seen them built on 7th wonder scale. I'd take something nicely in between.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

Thanks for the direction to this site...

So we add another #33 (Shea being the original), another #24 (our first...Kerry Boscam), and Gabby gets #15 up for the first time!

We already have two #23 up there (Maya and Kaleena) so Azurá has a chance next year to make it 3 #23 on the wall! If Camara can make it she'll add another #32 (Swin Cash). And Crystal can be the first #5! Anyone know what number Megatron wants?? Maybe she can choose 3 and add another #3 along with Tuck and DT.

I mean if we ever do run out of space I guess you can couple the numbers together...only at UCONN is this actually a problem of not having the space.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So proud for all 3 of them. I think Phee and KLS were sort of a foregone conclusion, and I don't want to take anything away from the amazing accomplishment of doing that as sophomores. But GABBY!!!! So happy for her to make it to the wall of honor. One of my biggest hopes for next year is that Kia gets up there too because I think she is totally deserving... And if she scores next year like she has done since coming back from her injury, I think she makes it.

My only disappointment is in Turner being on the team. Really? Over Peterson, Osahor, Brown and several others who were more deserving?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

So we add another #33 (Shea being the original), another #24 (our first...Kerry Boscam), and Gabby gets #15 up for the first time!

We already have two #23 up there (Maya and Kaleena) so Azurá has a chance next year to make it 3 #23 on the wall! If Camara can make it she'll add another #32 (Swin Cash). And Crystal can be the first #5! Anyone know what number Megatron wants?? Maybe she can choose 3 and add another #3 along with Tuck and DT.

I mean if we ever do run out of space I guess you can couple the numbers together...only at UCONN is this actually a problem of not having the space.
Meg will wear #3, like Diana, Tiffany (not quite on the wall), and Morgan.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ok, there's your 10 person team...who starts?
Plum, Wilson, Collier, Samuelason and Williams is my starting 5.

Kelsey2 in for Plum, Jones in for Wilson, Wiese in for Samuelson, Turner in for Collier and SWK in for Gabby!

Reaction Score

This Wall of Honor is Geno's concession to those who wanted DT and other's numbers retired. With the number of numbers flying up there--as you pointed out---he may regret that decision.

Reaction Score
So, what does this mean? Do the young ladies get their own flags on the wall in the gym?
They get their number and name on a jersey hung with other AA's. Must be an AA to get hung at Uconn currently in Gampel.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This Wall of Honor is Geno's concession to those who wanted DT and other's numbers retired. With the number of numbers flying up there--as you pointed out---he may regret that decision.

Why?!?!?!?

Reaction Score
Why?!?!?!?
Why is not a question-- alone it is only a word.
Assuming your word reflects my posting and in that posting I ended it with with ---he may regret it.
I should allow you time to muse over this tidbit---
With an influx of transfers, 3 new AA's, the 2017 recruits, 2016 recruit(s), --the future appears to be on of over abundance of talent.
Talent at Uconn tends to say AA's--more AA's more wall covering--more wall covering less wall space--at some point NONE.

And this is the short answer.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Why is not a question-- alone it is only a word.
Assuming your word reflects my posting and in that posting I ended it with with ---he may regret it.
I should allow you time to muse over this tidbit---
With an influx of transfers, 3 new AA's, the 2017 recruits, 2016 recruit(s), --the future appears to be on of over abundance of talent.
Talent at Uconn tends to say AA's--more AA's more wall covering--more wall covering less wall space--at some point NONE.

And this is the short answer.

I have no idea what you want me to muse over.

I completely disagree with your reasoning and conclusion.
What does he care about wall space? If there is an abundant of Wall of Honor awardees that only reflect positively on the accomplishments of the program. How in any way is that a negative thing?

Reaction Score
I have no idea what you want me to muse over.

I completely disagree with your reasoning and conclusion.
What does he care about wall space? If there is an abundant of Wall of Honor awardees that only reflect positively on the accomplishments of the program. How in any way is that a negative thing?[/Q
To disagree with me is your right---even as wrong as you may be. If you find negatives in a fact --then you are negative in thinking.
So have at it and dis agree in SOOOO many ways. If that is your cherry picker--pick away.
Your negativism you own--I shall not partake of it.
Obviously your intent was to pick an argument--it shall ge one sided.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Never intended to pick an argument. I was trying to understand WHY you came to the conclusion that you did. Your conclusion, which is not a fact, is what I disagree with and I told you why.
How could I cherry pick when your post had one conclusion. That one conclusion is what I disagreed with.
Your posturing on this leaves me perplexed. Have a good evening.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I have a vote for this one; I voted for 9 of the 10...It came down to Wiese, Peterson, and Brown. I voted for Peterson.
Peterson is a good choice.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Update needed:
The Huskies also have the two longest winning streaks in NCAA Division I basketball history, at 104 games from 2014–present
Updated.

Reaction Score
I think it will be very difficult to convince people to vote for four on one team. As good as Kia was this year, I think the others were more deserving on a 10 person team. Beyond that, if you vote three teams, I don't think I'd come up with five more better.
I think Doris was eyeing Stevens joining a team with three returning all-Americans. Clearly, UConn will have four of the top 10 players next season, barring injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom