formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Wolken, on Sunshine.

diaco.jpg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Benedict should pick up part of the tab. Do you trust this guy to make a good hire? I sure as hell don't.
What do you know about him one way or the other? Guys been there less than a year.

Reaction Score
It will be important to the program that nobody renews next year. As long as they think they can milk the fan base and string this out with your money, they will.

Reaction Score
What do you know about him one way or the other? Guys been there less than a year.
We do know he is been missing in action since things went down hill. I know he is the AD presiding over the worst football we have ever seen ( which is difficult to even fathom). I know his job is to make UConn successful and that the wheels are coming off in revenue generating sports. I have no idea what UConn values or what the vision is. If your going to be the leader, then lead. If the answer is we intend to be mid-major because of money then say it. Stop leaving folks with false impressions and asking for money. Otherwise, start fixing the problem and pay the piper.

Reaction Score
We lack booster power. If I was a billionaire, I would have bought him out after the Maine game.

Reaction Score
I will say it again. If you cannot afford to fire the coach, you do not belong at this level.

Similar to luxury items. If you have to ask how much it costs, you cannot afford it.

We do not belong at this level. In fact I wonder how long we can hold on in the AAC before Temple rounds up enough votes to have us booted out.

Reaction Score
And the same can probably be said for the players. What's the over/under on transfers if Diaco stays? 10?

That is the worst thing about all of this. The kids quit on him. I don't think there is any coming back from that. If they were still playing hard, I would be fine letting it ride another year, a few coaches had big "year 4" years this year. Doesn't look like that is happening here when you've lost the locker room.

Reaction Score
Diaco should at least get some more gray hairs from the stress of being by everyone on campus.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We do know he is been missing in action since things went down hill. I know he is the AD presiding over the worst football we have ever seen ( which is difficult to even fathom). I know his job is to make UConn successful and that the wheels are coming off in revenue generating sports. I have no idea what UConn values or what the vision is. If your going to be the leader, then lead. If the answer is we intend to be mid-major because of money then say it. Stop leaving folks with false impressions and asking for money. Otherwise, start fixing the problem and pay the piper.
A
Let's figure this out. The guy has been here less than a year. When last we looked just before Benedict was hired, Diaco managed to squeeze the team into a crap bowl, but that was seen as a step forward from Pasqualoni. Now let's look at how decisions are made to shell out 5 million dollars. I guarantee you that it would not be up the AD alone at any school. And certainly not one with less than a year on the job.

Now, is it penny wise and pound foolish to not spend the 5 mill? That's a better question than to think Bendict has no balls. But it ain't gonna be up to him. On top of that, I'm not sure hiring Urban Meyer would get UConn into a power conference. If you and otters think Benedict doesn't understand what's going on and would not love to make a move, you have no clue. The school has a fundamental and hard question to answer. Don't spend the buy out, swallow the empty seats and pray that Knute Rockne takes over Diacos brain and makes a product that's at least entertaining if not a big winner. Or do the buy out and hope a new guy is successful. But blaming Benedict is ridiculous. He gets blamed for the next hire.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
How dare any of us blame the young men on this team. They may have finally given up on their coach but I'd never accuse a single one of them of "quitting".

Reaction Score
Maybe the idea behind keeping him is that they hope the players either quit or transfer. Then they don't pick up new scholarship players to replace them. U can bet the internal goal is to cut 20 or more when the subsidies dry up

What an embarrassment he and this program have become. The sad part is that the dog and pony show with conference expansion likely will end up killing basketball too

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How dare any of us blame the young men on this team. They may have finally given up on their coach but I'd never accuse a single one of them of "quitting".

One can still continue to try at their work while at the same time having lost the belief that what you are attempting to do will work. It's an emotional loss of faith. Some people use the phrase "quit on the coach" to describe it, but I don't think that most people mean that the kids are saying 'f#%k it'.

When you lose belief in the leaders, the battle is already lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom