USA Today's Dan Wolken: UConn Expected To Retain Diaco | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USA Today's Dan Wolken: UConn Expected To Retain Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Saw this in Forde's Yahoo article today (Forde-Yard Dash: Why LSU hired the wrong guy):

This may have been covered before, but why is Diaco's buyout so high? This was a recent extension with no where near the buyout numbers that we have with Diaco. :mad:

And a guy who had coached at two P5 schools and done pretty well. We have a guy with no prior HC experience or track record getting what, double the buyout numbers that Tuberville's contract calls for?

Our administration makes contract decisions as if they're using "Monopoly" money. We just landed on Boardwalk with a hotel on that beachfront property.

I guess Cincinnati has run out of the Big East exit fee money just like we have. They must have spent too much of it flying their president all over the country shilling for a B12 invite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The realistic chances of Tuberville leaving for another job were he to have a few great seasons at UC were very low given his age. Diaco in the same spot would be far more attractive to other schools since he has more prime years remaining.

That makes no sense. That would be why Bob's buyout to leave would be higher - not why UConn pays more to shoot him into the sun.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The realistic chances of Tuberville leaving for another job were he to have a few great seasons at UC were very low given his age. Diaco in the same spot would be far more attractive to other schools since he has more prime years remaining.

What? You're saying a guy with no prior HC experience or track record would be twice as valuable as a guy with Auburn and Texas Tech on his resume, with success at the P5 level? I don't care how much older he is, that's completely crazy. Paterno coached until he was almost 90, and Snyder is still going at K State.

This should be the other way around. Tuberville should be twice as valuable as Diablo, even factoring in present year results. Tuberville obviously had a lousy agent compared with Bobby's.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cinci only has to wait a week to save the money. Even if you had money why wouldn't you wait. It's not like you can't start looking and a lot of candidates are still coaching games.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Boneyard is Wikileaks to our AD.
They want this info and pub to fade away yesterday.

Reaction Score
That makes no sense. That would be why Bob's buyout to leave would be higher - not why UConn pays more to shoot him into the sun.
Sorry, I misread the question the guy asked. You're right that would apply to Diaco's buyout if he left.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry, I misread the question the guy asked. You're right that would apply to Diaco's buyout if he left.

Bob's buyout to pay if he leaves was ridiculous as well (low). They got beaten to death in that negotiation.

Reaction Score
drinks like that is why the "Fat guy in a little coat" is no longer with us.....
I think it may have been a LOT more than those drinks KTuck..LOL...he liked the glass pipe and Belushi was his hero...need I say more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom