USA Today's Dan Wolken: UConn Expected To Retain Diaco | The Boneyard

USA Today's Dan Wolken: UConn Expected To Retain Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think I'm taking a year off from season tickets.

If Diaco goes I can always come back. I've had it with Diaco and his reality being so much different than actual reality.
The administration is gonna get the message after the first week in February when they realize more than half of their season ticket holders are not renewing. We hold the power. When the aspire people call you asking what they can do to get you to reconsider all you gotta say is get that clown out.

Reaction Score
If memory serves it goes from 3.4 to 1.7
I have read numerous posts as to why we cant fire Diaco because of the $$$$. Having been one of a very few thousand at the rent today, I think more money is to be lost of Diaco returns. If the administration did any marketing studies at the game today, my guess is average attendance next year is 20,000 or less if he returns. Im just one of many who probably will not renew season tickets if Diaco is still here.
I don't think I have ever left a football or basketball game early before today. Today the only reason I Stuck it out to the end of the third quarter was to watch the drum stint at the end of the third quarter. The team and the fans were lifeless.

Reaction Score
Benedict should pick up part of the tab. Do you trust this guy to make a good hire? I sure as hell don't.
Given Warde Manuel initiated renegotiating Diaco's contract and terms were likely close to if not already agreed when Benedict joined UConn, it's not so clear he's as much on the hook as his boss who likely signed off. Instead of Benedict, perhaps Susan should hypothetically pick up some of Fiasco's tab as you suggest. Courant article on Fiasco's contract: Benedict's First Big Move At UConn: Extending Diaco's Contract Through 2020

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Benedict should pick up part of the tab. Do you trust this guy to make a good hire? I sure as hell don't.

Don't forget Herbst. She absolutely should pay some kind of financial penalty. I concede she's been a net positive for the school but this is a huge, huge minus, especially if Diaco gets year 4. We already went through this with Pasqualoni in 2012. She should know from experience that you don't bring a loser back.

Reaction Score
I have read numerous posts as to why we cant fire Diaco because of the $$$$. Having been one of a very few thousand at the rent today, I think more money is to be lost of Diaco returns. If the administration did any marketing studies at the game today, my guess is average attendance next year is 20,000 or less if he returns. Im just one of many who probably will not renew season tickets if Diaco is still here.
I don't think I have ever left a football or basketball game early before today. Today the only reason I Stuck it out to the end of the third quarter was to watch the drum stint at the end of the third quarter. The team and the fans were lifeless.
If Diaco stays , 20,000 holy crap, only if the weather is beautiful and it is 60F for every game and they let you park for free.

Reaction Score
Not surprising. We haven't been through nearly enough torture I guess. Plus the powers that be won't be satisfied until UConn athletics is completely wiped off the face of the Earth.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
How can they not understand that the cost of prolonging this is greater than the cost of the buyout?

If they fail to get rid of this dolt, they're going to learn this lesson the hard way.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
How can they not understand that the cost of prolonging this is greater than the cost of the buyout?
common sense ain't to common these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek