USA Today: XRM article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA Today: XRM article

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
FWIW, I agree with the poster that thinks XRM is a very polished and polite young man who is going to say positive things to each of the three schools recruiting him.

For example, below is a quote by XRM:

"D-Will and Kobe are my favorite players. I pattern my game after D-Will a lot -- big, scoring guard, physical," said Rathan-Mayes, a 2013 prospect. "A lot of people say I play like him. Being compared to him is pretty special. That's just an honor for me. I have a long way to go. It's a lot of work left to do. But it's somebody I look up to."

One of the things Illini fans look at is that Illinois had zero chance at XRM. None. In an extremely short time, recruiting-wise, Groce has come in and gotten Illinois into the player's final three. He got XRM to come for an official and bring his mom and dad with him.

It think this one is a battle for all three schools.

Reaction Score
The positives for us are a) there's no question that he loves Kevin Ollie and has a great relationship with him and b) Ollie's face will be the last one he sees before making his decision.

Reaction Score
The positives for us are a) there's no question that he loves Kevin Ollie and has a great relationship with him and b) Ollie's face will be the last one he sees before making his decision.

Along with our 'recent' championship banners.

Reaction Score
"He’s a great recruiter and a man of God."

This speaks volumes of both Ollie as a recruiter and XRM as a person. I hope XRM come's here and I truly believe that Ollie is going to succeed here. Love quote's like this.

I sensed that about KO back in the day when I got a chance to meet him... He was a frosh at UCONN then... Even at that time when we were all young and a bit naive... Dude was humble... Just the way he carried himself... And he always spoke to people around campus....

Reaction Score
I would also suggest that sometimes recruits go out of their way to make sure they are praising a program other than the one they already know they will likely commit to. Reports are that FSU has a lot of pull there because of his father.

Definitely not a bad thing for him to say those things, though.

pj

Reaction Score
Let's be real, if Ollie can recruit players like XRM (and get in the mix for Jabari Parker), he's going to be UConn's coach for a long time. I don't think anyone expects any other outcome. Certainly XRM shouldn't. If he comes here, he and Ollie will get a chance to try for another UConn nat'l championship together.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Let's be real, if Ollie can recruit players like XRM (and get in the mix for Jabari Parker), he's going to be UConn's coach for a long time. I don't think anyone expects any other outcome. Certainly XRM shouldn't. If he comes here, he and Ollie will get a chance to try for another UConn nat'l championship together.

I like your thinking. Imagine how pissed the college basketball world would be...so satisfying.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I sensed that about KO back in the day when I got a chance to meet him... He was a frosh at UCONN then... Even at that time when we were all young and a bit naive... Dude was humble... Just the way he carried himself... And he always spoke to people around campus....

I'm curious whether there is a Top Ten coach who could be described as "humble." Maybe KO will be the first.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
XRM still remains the priority even with Jabari in the mix. I hope Ollie doesn't stray away from XRM, all his schools seem to be even...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom